Page 1136 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1366361036108611261134113511361137113811461186123616362136 ... LastLast
Results 17,026 to 17,040 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    Bullshit, the 125 karts brake from 132Km/hr at say Tokoroa in 1/2 the distance you do, due to lots of tyre and lots of brakes,and the WINNERS get time to blip EVERY gear on EVERY change down.
    How fast are you going at Tokoroa, do you even know.
    But the real question is WHY would the lap record holder at the TT bother to blip the changedown at 320 Km/Hr if it was just a fuckin dumb idea, or why would HRC Yamaha/Ducati/Suzuki/Aprilia
    use fly by wire servo throttle drive to auto blip the throttle, if it simply didnt work.
    Your move.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Bullshit, the 125 karts brake from 132Km/hr at say Tokoroa in 1/2 the distance you do, due to lots of tyre and lots of brakes,and the WINNERS get time to blip EVERY gear on EVERY change down.
    But the real question is WHY would the lap record holder at the TT bother to blip the changedown at 320 Km/Hr if it was just a fuckin dumb idea, or why would HRC Yamaha/Ducati/Suzuki/Aprilia
    use fly by wire servo throttle drive to auto blip the throttle, if it simply didnt work.
    Your move.
    just run a sliper clutch ( do you even know what one is )

Bike
    gpr150
    Your move.
    A kart is a kart a bike is a bike for starts i don't think you have time racing on a kart track on a [ bike] to fuck around blip down gears there are lots of people that win out there just smashing it down gears . never here people fuck there gearbox.

Bike
    gpr150
    Your move.
    why do karts not use this wire servo throttle to auto blip the throttle becouse its all shit

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    You boys ya all on the moonshine early in the week. Keep yer hands off yer sister.
    (Or Kerry I guess)
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Please calm down people, points are made, opinions divided. Let it rest
    This is a gentlemanly thread most of the time. All of the time would be good.
    This thread is too important for battles. Take them offline.

Bike
    GPR150
    only having a laugh with dave , had no idea anyone would have a wobbly over it

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    just run a sliper clutch (do you even know what one is)
    No, never heard of it. Anything to do with a slipper clutch?
    Yeah, I know: semantics. But you asked for it; Wobbly already mentioned the device on the previous page so there's no point in asking him if he knows what it is. Besides, if you had read his post you might have noticed how it's spelled.

Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    if we had the time to blip the gas i would loss a second a lap on a small track , you 2 stroke girls have it easy , face it your barrals don't last like are gearbox's so who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by steamroller View Post
    i don't think you have time racing on a kart track on a bike to fuck around blip down gears there are lots of people that win out there just smashing it down gears. never here people fuck there gearbox.
    You guys are missing the point. Blipping is not done to spare the engine (although it does spare the engine) but to prevent the chassis from unsettling. You know, the shaking that hurts laptimes.

Moto GP sees fit to use the ECU to lift the revs automatically, so well , on the downchange that it makes a slipper clutch redundant.
    And not only redundant; it is better than a slipper clutch. Moto3 only uses a slipper clutch because the rulebook does not allow them the MotoGP-solution of an ECU blipping and feathering the clutch automatically on downshifts.
    Slipper clutches are in the wrong place. They should not be between the crankshaft and the gearbox, but between the gearbox and the rear wheel. Then you would have a fixed pre-set maximum engine braking torque at the wheel instead of a braking torqe that varies depending on the gear you're in.

Quote Originally Posted by steamroller View Post
    why do karts not use this wire servo throttle to auto blip the throttle becouse its all shit.
    Because the rulebook says no.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Yep I'm with wobbly on the blip thing no doubt. Some guys make it work on bigger bikes with good slipper clutch setups but as Wob says, it's hard on gearboxes and ultimately excessive back torque makes it hard to manage initial tip in with out the rear trying to overtake the front!

My first year on a 600 without a slipper taught me well that I could never tell that I had a slipper when I got the new bike!

If you're chattering your way into a corner it's because your a munter rider - end of story

Bike
    RGV
    Here's my response to the blip debate on another forum...

....2001 Suzuka 250 Qualifying Daijiro Katoh onboard.

Skip to 1:40, Katoh downshifts 2 gears into 130R then 3 downshifts into Casio Triangle.

All blipped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WproGBgB4fI

The best riders do make it look easy, that's why they are the best.
    Was Katoh one of the best ? YES ....easily

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Edgecumbe Bucket NI 2015 Round 3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chris C photo Album.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	144.6 KB 
ID:	309787

Chris C's Edgecumbe photos:- http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130840522

Team GPR Edgecumbe Videos:- http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...am-GPR/page125

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    Yep I'm with wobbly on the blip thing no doubt. Some guys make it work on bigger bikes with good slipper clutch setups but as Wob says, it's hard on gearboxes and ultimately excessive back torque makes it hard to manage initial tip in with out the rear trying to overtake the front!

My first year on a 600 without a slipper taught me well that I could never tell that I had a slipper when I got the new bike!

If you're chattering your way into a corner it's because your a munter rider - end of story
    i say do what suits you . end of story!

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    You boys ya all on the moonshine early in the week. Keep yer hands off yer sister.
    (Or Kerry I guess)
    Yee Haa we all gittin in the pickimup truck and goin on down to the big house!!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150310_130230.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	744.2 KB 
ID:	309788

Bike
    Norton Manx

the book ... BEING THERE

For anyone who is interested in improving their riding Hugs book is well worth reading, then maybe re reading again to see that ones attitude and what your doing affects how your riding, a little analysis can take you a long way.

You don't get to set the fastest lap at the Isle of Man TT in the fog and survive by luck alone.

It is a real life book by someone who has been there, done that and how they approached things.

http://www.kiwiridernews.com/2014/11...ok-is-out.html

I am not sure what Hugh Anderson makes of throttle blips but:- In January 2008 riding the same Norton, he has owned from new Anderson beat the current and twice Australasion champion on two occasions and made his fastest ever lap at the Pukekohe race track, when he was 72 years old.

This amazing book takes you inside the mind of one of the toughest, determined and most analytical riders ever to compete in world championships.

BEING THERE is available through this website: www.kiwiclassic.com
    Or you can get a copy direct from the man himself: Hugh Anderson, Tel +64 7 853 2711. Or email: hughanderson@clear.net.nz
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    S`funny I almost bought this yesterday but motomail wanted $10 to send it so I stalled. This site is free post so where's me card I'll buy one, thanks.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information