Page 1152 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 1526521052110211421150115111521153115411621202125216522152 ... LastLast
Results 17,266 to 17,280 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RGV
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Mr Dutch Fisher, sounds like you know a thing or two, it would be nice to see you post some of your own work.

We have learnt a lot from Frits and his posts/pictures and hope you can contribute to that too, probably needs to be presented in simple terms for us with pictures of your own work to illustrate your point ....
    Tz thanks for your kind words
    However you presume too much of me, i know bugger all.

Sadly my work has nothing to do with ICE, you'd be looking at sqwiggles on paper all day long and thinking WTF.

I've learnt too from Frits, Jan, Wob, Francis, even others you wouldn't consider 'tuners'. Like most things in life, you garner opinion, weigh up if you understand what's said, if it makes sense, if its relevant to context, and any negatives to the above, question the source. Some info the these guys know is still commercially sensitive, 2T are not dead yet, so you can understand you may not get an answer directly.

Here's a nugget

Sit down with your fav beverage, close your eyes, and visualize a 2T engine. Start at ignition just before TDC and slowly go thru all the stages of expansion and the forces produced. Think of the action and reaction (3rd law of motion) to the forces on the moving and non-moving parts. In your mind's eye apply the gas force to the top of the piston then follow the chain of force thru the system always with action/reaction in your frontal lobe.

With inertia, gather this nut:

The piston-rod-crank is a drive/driven system (think of this from the point of view of the piston), gas pressure 'drives' the piston which 'drives' the rod which 'drives' the crank and so on.
    When the force of gas is spent, the system then becomes 'driven'.
    The piston is 'driven' by the rod which is 'driven' by the crank. The driven force is a stored force held in the rotating weight of the crank added during the drive phase. The trace line on Frits' graph is a product of the drive/driven system.

There is a 'give away' as to why the trace is 180* out.

I tell you what boys and girls, anyone want to hazard a guess what that is?

Come on, get those brain cells warmed up

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    I'm getting ss90 flashbacks

Bike
    RGV
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    You better see a doctor about that

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Fisher View Post
    You better see a doctor about that
    Hehe, sorry, was douchey of me.

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Yep ....... I guess Dutch is going to entertain us with his sophisticated wit and superior cleverness for a while, lucky us.

Bike
    RGV
    SS90 vs TZ350

Is that like RUN-DMC vs Jason Nevins but without the music and streetdance

Quote Originally Posted by bucketracer View Post
    Yep ....... I guess Dutch is going to entertain us with his sophisticated wit and superior cleverness for a while, lucky us.
    Yeah someone got to balance out your superior thickness #ohthehumanity

Bike
    '76 RD-400C
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Trust me, welding the cases the main tunnels will be miles out of round and the deck will be warped to buggery.
    Just use Devcon F and score the surface and bead blast clean, the stuff will never come out.
    If you are really worried you can wind in several self tapping screws that sit up into the epoxy so it cant move even if the surface grip is lost.
    Did you ever have the chance to find out whether the Devcon F will stand up to methanol? Nitro?

My notion was that rather than use any major quantity of epoxy alone, when doing major port re-shaping, the safer way would be to use just enough epoxy (and maybe a bolt/screw from the outside) to glue a piece of aluminum into the port, and you'd do your reshaping on the aluminum piece. But I only ever tried this with a pair of little boost-ports that I thought were angled badly. If there's an epoxy that will stand up to fuel, it would save some time and effort by eliminating the need to glue chunks of painstakingly-shaped aluminum into the existing ports . . . .

Bike
    Suzuki GP125 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Fisher View Post
    SS90 vs TZ350

Is that like RUN-DMC vs Jason Nevins but without the music and streetdance

Yeah someone got to balance out your superior thickness #ohthehumanity
    Dutch, you were made welcome here by a group of open friendly people, abusing our hospitality is easy to do but does not make you clever ....

Bike
    RGV
    ... sorry, did you say something dear chap

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    I regret the ss90 remark, would be sad with that kind of situation all over again.
    Sorry Dutch, it wasn't called for at all.
    Please excuse my ignorance, and let's get back to the meaningful discussion of interesting topics.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET

Lectron Goodness

Well there are 2 sets of 40mm lectron's on there way for the 300's. The guys at Lectron have been so helpfull. They are machining them nice a skinny so they can sit close side by side. They are also moving things like idle screws so they can be accessed form the outside of each carb. This now means we can make shorter intake manifolds with less bend and carb spacing. This will give lots more room in the air box and adjustability with bell mouth length.

So the plan is looking like a simple spigot type inlet that transitions from the round carb to the rectangle stuffer of the VF3 reeds. It looks like both the stuffer and carb have the same cross section area. I don't know but I figure thats good to keep things moving in an orderly fashion into the reeds. I will post some pics and a bit of a review on the tuning when we have them setup.

Bike
    2001, Honda, RS125
    looking forward to your lectron review before I put one on the RS125

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by crbbt View Post
    looking forward to your lectron review before I put one on the RS125
    Well pending that. I can say, the customer service and enthusiasm is a 10 out of 10. Super helpful guys.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Super helpful guys.
    and here Sir is your bill - $$$$$$$

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by seattle smitty View Post
    Did you ever have the chance to find out whether the Devcon F will stand up to methanol? Nitro?

My notion was that rather than use any major quantity of epoxy alone, when doing major port re-shaping, the safer way would be to use just enough epoxy (and maybe a bolt/screw from the outside) to glue a piece of aluminum into the port, and you'd do your reshaping on the aluminum piece. But I only ever tried this with a pair of little boost-ports that I thought were angled badly. If there's an epoxy that will stand up to fuel, it would save some time and effort by eliminating the need to glue chunks of painstakingly-shaped aluminum into the existing ports . . . .
    devcon site says the F putty has a 'fair' rating for methanol. test was 7 day cure and 30 day submersion. inside the engine the exposure should only be a few hours at a time then its purged with gas. so it should hold up just fine. hard to say what will happen with nitro.

remember that low temp brazing rod i was using on them cylinders ? well it works real good in some situations. once you have to put filler in two areas in close proximaty to each other is when you run into trouble. after you get the first area filled and try to heat the second area, the first area of filler starts to melt and you have a mess. i gave it a good effort but it just wasnt possible for what i was trying to do. but for some situations i would highly recomend it. building up the floor of an exh tunell it would work like a charm. decided to buy a new tig welder in the next few weeks for the areas i cant do with the low temp rod. filling in the trenches of the crankcase transfer entries ill probly avoid heat altogether and use devcon f. cylinder ill weld or use a combo of weld and low temp rod. if the welding heat distortes the cylinder alittle i can always just wack a couple thousands off the top and bottom decks to straighten it back up. them bearing pockets in the crankcase will be a nightmare to fix if they get warped so ill stay with epoxy down there

Thread Information