Page 1186 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 1866861086113611761184118511861187118811961236128616862186 ... LastLast
Results 17,776 to 17,790 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    -
    Can you tell us when you'll be able / allowed to tell and explain the whole story / engine, Frits?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    ....the suggested inlet passage... has the capacity to draw air or air/fuel directly in, bypassing the crankcase.
    Great minds think alike, Ken. The picture below shows the onset of an experimental Modena engine, created by my friend, Modena technical director Roland Holzner.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modena experiments 01.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	312417

If you take this idea further and concentrate on eliminating its drawbacks, as Roland did, you'll get this:

Name:	Modena 24-7 06.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	312418 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Modena 24-7 09.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	312419

That's right: 24/7
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130867376

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Haufen View Post
    Can you tell us when you'll be able / allowed to tell and explain the whole story / engine, Frits?
    When the patent lawyers give the green light, I suppose. No idea when that will be.

Bike
    Simson S51 Evolution
    70 rwhp out of 125ccm..... sounds like my rg 500 will do the job once the ryger technology is applied

Frits, how does the Ryger Engine sound?
    WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR AND HULK HOGAN DESTROY YOU!!!!

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin1981 View Post
    70 rwhp out of 125ccm..... sounds like my rg 500 will do the job once the ryger technology is applied
    It would certainly put the RG-trannie to the test. 280 hp, that's 50 horses more than what the current 1000 cc MotoGP bikes have, with all their electronic gizmos, meant to keep their riders on the track and out of hospital.

Frits, how does the Ryger Engine sound?
    Like a regular 125 cc kart engine, until you rev it through the ceiling. Lovely sound!

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Could there be som variant of a pressure wave supercharger involved in this Ryger engine maybe?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Could there be some variant of a pressure wave supercharger involved in this Ryger engine maybe?
    http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...-supercharger/

That would fit with a lot of what Ryger posted and would also fit in with the simple.
    http://papers.sae.org/2014-01-2136/
    Yet it still leaves the space below the cylinder and the high revs.
    I still think there a yoke and maybe a slipper piston hiding there.
    As Ken pointed out there is some advantages to directly going into the cylinder and I note the original pic has what appears to be both a crankcase reed entry and a very high cylinder entry.
    pics to follow......

Name:	Ryger iffic.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	485.8 KB 
ID:	312428

On a totally different subject
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Great minds think alike, Ken. The picture below shows the onset of an experimental Modena engine, created by my friend, Modena technical director Roland Holzner.

Name:	Modena experiments 01.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	312417

If you take this idea further and concentrate on eliminating its drawbacks, as Roland did, you'll get this:

If one used high inlet port, and if it was to open at a precise time when the exhaust gas was exiting the cylinder a vacuum would occur allowing a increase in direct cylinder filling and a clean exhaust.
    Michel Kaden was the originator of this it's know as the Kadency effect.
    It was used on Diesel engines including the Foden and the Commer.
    Perhaps Frits could explain if this would allow a increase in cylinder filling on a high speed modern 2 stroke.
    Was that what the kart engine you showed earlier was trying to use, achieve.

Yes I know that's how an expansion chamber works. lol

Name:	kadency effect and sleeve vlaves.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	451.9 KB 
ID:	312433
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    If one used high inlet port, and if it was to open at a precise time when the exhaust gas was exiting the cylinder a vacuum would occur allowing a increase in direct cylinder filling and a clean exhaust. Michel Kaden was the originator of this it's know as the Kadency effect. It was used on Diesel engines including the Foden and the Commer.
    The mans name was not Kaden but Kadenacy, not to be confused with Walter Kaaden of MZ fame. The Kadenacy effect depends on a pressure difference over both sides of a tube. This difference will accelerate a mass of gas in the tube until the pressure difference is zero. Because of inertia the mass will keep on moving, causing a low pressure at the former high-pressure side of the tube. This low pressure sucks in ambient gas. That's all folks.
    All high-speed modern two-strokes are already using this effect; that is why the header is so important.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Someone found the actual Patent today.... It was not me either. So no more questions.
    Finding it does not relieve me from my non-disclosure commitment.
    But to the best of my knowledge you are not secrecy-bound, so why not take the opportunity and make a lot of people here happy?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    This is a fun game, Time/area/pressure, Time is decreasing, area is limited in an RSA type cylinder ( 14,000 rpm), so the only other perameter to change is pressure, that would be charge delivery pressure. Years ago Suzuki had system were a small hole was drilled high in the cylinder sending high pressure to the crank case, so when the charge was ready to enter the cylinder it was under conciderable pressure. power was had over a small rev range ( high up where blowdown time was running out ). Just a thought that this Ryger engine might be using some version of this system?
    I still think that this engine ( seen in the Kart frame ) is indeed AN engine as Frits said ( one of the development prototypes ) but not THE engine. I think THE engine will be tucked up in that nice white van seen in the background, tested without a photo shoot, just saying.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia

c i t s

this engine has nothing to do with the c i t s .... Basil Van Rooyen ?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Years ago Suzuki had system were a small hole was drilled high in the cylinder sending high pressure to the crank case, so when the charge was ready to enter the cylinder it was under considerable pressure.
    In 1962 Suzuki even gave the B-port (there were only two A-transfer ports and one B-port) the same timing as the exhaust port.

Name:	RM62-3.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	312434

I still think that this engine ( seen in the Kart frame ) is indeed AN engine as Frits said ( one of the development prototypes ) but not THE engine. I think THE engine will be tucked up in that nice white van seen in the background, tested without a photo shoot, just saying.
    Neil, the engine in the kart frame is the engine; nothing taken down or conceiled.
    I have seen comments about me keeping my hand over the spark plug in one of the pictures. The simple reason was that I hadn't been in a kart for a long time and I tried to program my mind into remembering where the spark plug was, so I wouldn't ram my elbow against it.

Name:	Ryger 2015-05-24-07b.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	312435

Bike
    husaberg
    In 1962 Suzuki even gave the B-port (there were only two A-transfer ports and one B-port) the same timing as the exhaust port.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    This is a fun game, Time/area/pressure, Time is decreasing, area is limited in an RSA type cylinder ( 14,000 rpm), so the only other perameter to change is pressure, that would be charge delivery pressure. Years ago Suzuki had system were a small hole was drilled high in the cylinder sending high pressure to the crank case, so when the charge was ready to enter the cylinder it was under conciderable pressure. power was had over a small rev range ( high up where blowdown time was running out ). Just a thought that this Ryger engine might be using some version of this system?
    Pretty sure that was taken/borrowed/delivered/Solen directly from MZ
    I think I have a pic somewhere
    The mans name was not Kaden but Kadenacy, not to be confused with Walter Kaaden of MZ fame. The Kadenacy effect depends on a pressure difference over both sides of a tube. This difference will accelerate a mass of gas in the tube until the pressure difference is zero. Because of inertia the mass will keep on moving, causing a low pressure at the former high-pressure side of the tube. This low pressure sucks in ambient gas. That's all folks.
    All high-speed modern two-strokes are already using this effect; that is why the header is so important.
    Oh yes Kadence Whoops........Got his first name right though.......50% a pass right?
    I was meaning more directly using the effect as a crankcase bypass. Directly using the air or mixture. I guess in a cylinder reed they may do. I have never really though about it to tell you the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Peugeot spx

Name:	Ryger 2015-05-24-07b.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	312435
    Looks like something is piped into the reed block.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post

And here is the STA analysis with the better data, now we see the guys doing this were pretty close to the money.
    I think I remember you saying that for any real power you'll have to be up at 198° exhaust - what do you think the outcome would be if I raised the exhaust to say 194-5, and followed with the transfers to 128-9? I guess what I'm really asking is where to go from here... The more I read, the more I feel whatever I modify is just a shot in the dark... Ignorance is bliss!
    "stop whining and just buy engmod allready" is an acceptable answer.

Bike
    1996 Buell S1

cylinder picture

When the patent lawyers give the green light, I suppose. No idea when that will be.
    Here is a picture of the Ryger cylinder. Explains it all. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ryger.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	312.8 KB 
ID:	312437  

Thread Information