Page 1257 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 2577571157120712471255125612571258125912671307135717572257 ... LastLast
Results 18,841 to 18,855 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    longer down stroke than up stroke?
    Yes, the whole engine is slowly disappearing towards the center of the earth.
    Now there's an idea: if we mount the engine upside down, it will be great for aero use. Flettner, are you paying attention?
    Oh man, Adegnes, I haven't laughed like this in ages .

Bike
    TZ400
    The issue with The TM kart engine ( now completely redundant due to the CIK ) is that we are allowed to remove metal for tuning
    NOT add any.
    The area at the flange face was 82% before adding the extra ears and was around 86% afterwards.
    In reality, if allowed, i would have welded up the floor to reduce the area up into the duct as far as I could, and remade the transition spigot.
    But in answer to your question re the Ex depression overscavenging,again,if I could I would be welding up the port bottom corners
    and lifting the duct bdc floor to prevent this from happening - no matter what transfer quality was present.
    But, as it stands if you are dealing with crap transfers,then creating sufficient blowdown flow or STA ,will also not be an issue,so as you say maybe
    the "trick" of extending the ears right down to the round spigot exit is only a necessity when for whatever reason the design becomes Blowdown STA limited
    ie full out high bmep designs.

Dr - take the money and run - Joe for sure had that engine,or something like it that no one was supposed to know about.
    He had it in a small nailed up case in the workshop,would never even discuss it,and I never understood till years later what that was all about.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Are there 11 separate reeds in 11 transfer ports? That would certainly stop back flow until the pressure dropped. Then perhaps the transfer ports could be somewhat taller? Lucky I haven't finished the cylinder yet on my test engine
    Although it would be best have the reeds low in the transfers, perhaps part of that spacer plate? This would delay fuel air into the cylinder much like my delayed transfer port injection ie no time to get the fuel air over to the exhaust port and out. Would account for the economy / emissions. Perhaps?
    That would have to be a big fat KISS.

Bike
    TZ400
    OK, here is the actual info relating to CIK homologation application for the next 3 year period.
    Ryger cannot have a CIK approval yet, as the process has only just begun.

The paperwork application to the CIK had to be in by the 1st of August, as approved by the manufacturers local ASN ( ie like Kartsport NZ )
    Then the final application numbering from the CIK is issued by the 21st Sept.
    For engines there is an inspection period by the CIK between 19th Oct and 30Nov and for homologation purposes there must be 50 completed
    units, with components available for 150 total.
    The final approval is then published by the CIK for the next 3 year period on 1 Jan 2016.

It will be very interesting to see what transpires, as the CEO of the biggest Italian karting conglomerate is on the CIK board making the approvals.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    OK, here is the actual info relating to CIK homologation application for the next 3 year period.
    Ryger cannot have a CIK approval yet, as the process has only just begun.

The paperwork application to the CIK had to be in by the 1st of August, as approved by the manufacturers local ASN ( ie like Kartsport NZ )
    Then the final application numbering from the CIK is issued by the 21st Sept.
    For engines there is an inspection period by the CIK between 19th Oct and 30Nov and for homologation purposes there must be 50 completed
    units, with components available for 150 total.
    The final approval is then published by the CIK for the next 3 year period on 1 Jan 2016.

It will be very interesting to see what transpires, as the CEO of the biggest Italian karting conglomerate is on the CIK board making the approvals.
    Enjoyable legal fun...if you're not involved....
    Wonder if Harry will try and get it homologated as a kit given "over 90%" of an already homologated motor is used ?
    If he is basing the unit for homologation on an available motor, and has to produce 50 converted units....Will they sell the units to him for homologation purposes ?
    Yep, interesting to watch and see what happens.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Enjoyable legal fun...if you're not involved....
    Wonder if Harry will try and get it homologated as a kit given "over 90%" of an already homologated motor is used ?
    If he is basing the unit for homologation on an available motor, and has to produce 50 converted units....Will they sell the units to him for homologation purposes ?
    Yep, interesting to watch and see what happens.
    Or it could just run in a controlled class of its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TZ400
    No I checked, the Ryger has applied for homologation in an existing class, there are no papers filed to have a new class instigated.
    As I opined before, short sighted in the extreme, as they must surely realize that even the most arrogant of French bastards would
    have serious misgivings about releasing an engine into an existing class that has near on twice the power, the emissions situation notwithstanding.
    So unless of course the high ranking CIK board member Italian CEO, already has a backhanded deal going under the table with Ryger
    to have/purchase manufacturing rights ,as I said,I believe the chances of being granted an homologation into an existing class is nil.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Now there's an idea: if we mount the engine upside down, it will be great for aero use. Flettner, are you paying attention?
    Oh man, Adegnes, I haven't laughed like this in ages .
    No, we use the improbability drive, you end up where you least expected to

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    No I checked, the Ryger has applied for homologation in an existing class, there are no papers filed to have a new class instigated.
    As I opined before, short sighted in the extreme, as they must surely realize that even the most arrogant of French bastards would
    have serious misgivings about releasing an engine into an existing class that has near on twice the power, the emissions situation notwithstanding.
    So unless of course the high ranking CIK board member Italian CEO, already has a backhanded deal going under the table with Ryger
    to have/purchase manufacturing rights ,as I said,I believe the chances of being granted an homologation into an existing class is nil.
    I'm trying not to sound like a conspiracy theorist here.....but.....By any chance does the Board menber's company make the engines Harry R has used as the base for his product ?
    I hasten to add i have no knowledge of who makes what - and who's up whom....

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    No, we use the improbability drive, you end up where you least expected to
    Hopefully somewhere "mostly harmless".

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I don't even like Tea.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2015 Avanti

Titanium tuned pipes

I did a search, but could not find any info on Ti pipes and there advantage or their shortfalls. Cost of material is not part of the equation I am looking at. Just from a performance point of view and what makes the very best material for a pipe to make max power with as wide a powerband as possible with good over rev power as well. (A pipe dream, my joke.)
    Do they perform better because of the material?
    Is there inherent problems due to the low thermal heat conductivity ?
    Ti is quite low in expansion, so I imagine they may need to be made a slightly longer tuned length to compensate for both the low length change and a possibly slightly bigger diameter stinger outlet to compensate for a higher average internal temperature.
    If making a Ti pipe, what wall section compared to a conventional pipe would be considered ? The same or would it be thinner in order to try and get more heat transferred out of the initial header area ?
    Would small longitudinal ribs on the outside of the header in the 1st 5 diameters of length be an advantage to help increase surface area to aid in the cooling of the initial header area?
    Any input would be very much appreciated.
    Neil

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    I did a search, but could not find any info on Ti pipes and there advantage or their shortfalls. Cost of material is not part of the equation I am looking at. Just from a performance point of view and what makes the very best material for a pipe to make max power with as wide a powerband as possible with good over rev power as well. (A pipe dream, my joke.)
    Do they perform better because of the material?
    Is there inherent problems due to the low thermal heat conductivity ?
    Ti is quite low in expansion, so I imagine they may need to be made a slightly longer tuned length to compensate for both the low length change and a possibly slightly bigger diameter stinger outlet to compensate for a higher average internal temperature.
    If making a Ti pipe, what wall section compared to a conventional pipe would be considered ? The same or would it be thinner in order to try and get more heat transferred out of the initial header area ?
    Would small longitudinal ribs on the outside of the header in the 1st 5 diameters of length be an advantage to help increase surface area to aid in the cooling of the initial header area?
    Any input would be very much appreciated.
    Neil
    Give me a minute, they work no better but are lighter but they need different dimensions due to thermal properties.
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130772641
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130635237
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130780167
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pipe%20materials.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	314426
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Since the advent of the 110cc 2T watercooled rule change, I have heard of at least three other 110's being built.

Here is the start of mine. 54mm bore x 48mm stroke for 109.9cc.

Name:	110cc H2O 11.5mm Splitter Plate.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	244.5 KB 
ID:	314428

Step 1, fit a 11.5mm spacer plate between the GP's cases so that I can run a six speed TS125ER gearbox and clutch instead of the GP's original five speed.

Name:	110cc H2O 115mm Conrod and Mallory Metal Plug.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	314429

Step 2, a 115mm conrod. The crank used to have a 19mm big end pin. But will now have a 22mm bigend offset 1mm to reduce the stroke to 48mm. And a Mallory metal counter weight plug.

Name:	110cc H2O Big Rotary Valve.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	314431

Step 3, 117mm Rotary Valve.

Custom inner RV plate with KE175 rotary valve cover.

Name:	110cc H2O Base Addapter Plate.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	257.9 KB 
ID:	314430

Step 4, Custom adapter plate for the rebored (renickosiled a while back) NSR cylinder.

Name:	110cc H2O Ports.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	242.2 KB 
ID:	314427

Lots of lovely yummy ports for the watercooled, power valved, never fade all day cylinder.

A totaly in the spirit 110cc H2O, not much to it realy.

And hopefully it won't be to hard to convert this lot to a Ryger engine later, so could this be the start of the first 40+ hp bucket engine.......

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Looks like it generates tons of downforce, too

Thread Information