Page 1259 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 2597591159120912491257125812591260126112691309135917592259 ... LastLast
Results 18,871 to 18,885 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Monark -57(50cc moped), KTM 200EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post

Re the Acetone for oil mixing.
    We would put 5L of fuel in the mixing can, add the Acetone, then the oil,but as you say it would make no difference either way.
    So fuel + aceton in relation to oil when calculate the ratio?

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Step 4, Custom adapter plate for the rebored (renickosiled a while back) NSR cylinder.
    Nicely noted. It wouldn't be legal to use a standard 54mm cylinder unless you reduced the engines capacity to 100cc.

F4 2 stroke 55-100cc
    The maximum capacity for rebored engines shall be:
    F4 2 stroke 55-110cc

I ended up going with a 50mm cylinder kit, at 99cc there is no questions around the motors compliance with the current rules plus I have the advantage of unrestricted carb size. Of course I now have at least a 3hp handicap
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cylinder.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	314435
    No power valve, but I reckon my exhaust port is bigger than yours ...

Bike
    zuma50
    Plain bearings are much more resilient. Just saying

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I am planning on fitting an exhaust port floor dam that is very nearly as high as the transfers.

wobbly has said to raise it 2mm immediatly. mine is 5mm. any good reason i shouldnt leave it where its at and try it ?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Nicely noted. It wouldn't be legal to use a standard 54mm cylinder unless you reduced the engines capacity to 100cc.

F4 2 stroke 55-100cc
    F4 2 stroke 55-110cc

I ended up going with a 50mm cylinder kit, at 99cc there is no questions around the motors compliance with the current rules plus I have the advantage of unrestricted carb size. Of course I now have at least a 3hp handicap

Just how do you figure a 3 HP handicap, I think you maths is faulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Just how do you figure a 3 HP handicap, I think you maths is faulty.
    You could be right, but don't let the boss know as he might realise I've been winging it all these years

Bike
    husaberg
    You could be right, but don't let the boss know as he might realise I've been winging it all these years
    There is no could about it Kel.
    The max cylinder size before the 24mm rule applies is 104cc.
    Your calculation is based on 100cc 30hp vs 110cc producing a additional 3hp based on an increase in capacity
    Yet it is at most more like 1.8 HP as it is 104cc vs 110cc.
    But even this potential 1.8hp advantage does not take into account that the over 104cc is restricted in regards to carb size and the below 104cc is currently open carb size.

if you choose to use a smaller cylinder than the rules allow, the handicap is your own doing rather than the rules
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR

F4 2 stroke 55-100cc
    F4 2 stroke 55-110cc

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cylinder.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	314435
    Sooooo what happened to the KE engine you were running? I'd love to have a crack at racing that stallion

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Yet it is at most more like 1.8 HP as it is 104cc vs 110cc.
    So what is it, did you realise you had jumped the gun with your original reply, or are you (as usual) applying your own interpretation to my statement? Either way, you sure are entertaining.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    Sooooo what happened to the KE engine you were running? I'd love to have a crack at racing that stallion
    The 125 air cooler will still get wheeled out for the short races, you're welcome to try it out.
    The advantages of running 100cc water cooled are too numerous not to take advantage of, and if I can't crack 30hp I'll just bore it out 110cc.

Bike
    husaberg
    So what is it, did you realise you had jumped the gun with your original reply, or are you (as usual) applying your own interpretation to my statement? Either way, you sure are entertaining.
    What it is. It is you claiming you are losing out on 3hp If you have not pulled the number from thin air as I have alluded you have.
    Feel free to point out how you have not wrongly calculated it. You have had plenty of opportunities to already.
    Personally what I find entertaining is just how fervently opposed you were to the proposed rule change allowing an etra few cc to the 100cc water cooled engines to allow 52mm strike pistons to be used (without costly destroking.)
    Also how you previously claimed that ethanol fuels would not provide any benefits at all to an air cooled engine when it was that agenda you were pushing at the time.
    To the casual observer it would seem to be the agenda that is the correct one for the sport is the one that suits Kel best at the time.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Personally what I find entertaining is just how fervently opposed you were to the proposed rule change allowing an etra few cc to the 100cc water cooled engines to allow 52mm strike pistons to be used (without costly destroking.).
    Don't remember anything about Strike pistons (once again you are trying to claim things that have never been stated), but you bet I was opposed to a proposed rule change aimed at benefiting MB100 owners that couldn't be bothered doing the work to use 52mm pistons under the previous rules.

Also how you previously claimed that ethanol fuels would not provide any benefits at all to an air cooled engine
    specific quote where I state E85 "would not provide any benefits at all to an air cooled engine" No? I didn't think so.

How about you stop clogging up the ESE thread with your pointless attempts at personal attacks, pm me or even give me a call and we can arrange to discuss further when I'm down your way for the BOB .

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    The advantages of running 100cc water cooled are too numerous not to take advantage of, and if I can't crack 30hp I'll just bore it out 110cc.
    But then you'll be restricted to a 24mm carb, if I read the new rules correctly?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    I have my "team" working on that now.
    OK team, your turn, Ken.

Bike
    husaberg
    Don't remember anything about Strike pistons (once again you are trying to claim things that have never been stated), but you bet I was opposed to a proposed rule change aimed at benefiting MB100 owners that couldn't be bothered doing the work to use 52mm pistons under the previous rules.

specific quote where I state E85 "would not provide any benefits at all to an air cooled engine" No? I didn't think so.

How about you stop clogging up the ESE thread with your pointless attempts at personal attacks, pm me or even give me a call and we can arrange to discuss further when I'm down your way for the BOB .
    I am quite happy to never post another single post on this thread if that is what Rob (TZ350) wants.
    I never mentioned E85, only ethanol fuels, Nor did the 52mm piston rule change proposal submitted only apply to lazy MB owners. As for personal attacks I think you might want to read what I posted I asked for your methodology. I suggested your addition was faulty.
    You choose to construe it as personal. The strike 52mm pistons are the ones that as far as I am aware that are only multiple OS that suit.
    I also do agree this thread is not the place. So feel free to carry it on elsewhere at any place of your choosing. I sincerely doubt any degree of proximity to you, will change my position or the opinion that your method of addition is faulty and your position on rules changes contain a huge degree of self serving agendas.
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information