Page 1273 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 2737731173122312631271127212731274127512831323137317732273 ... LastLast
Results 19,081 to 19,095 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    FIRST RYGER COMPETITOR JUST APPLIES FOR CIK HOMOLOGATION

Sorry Harry, but life isn't going to be that easy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KB EVO V2015.08.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	557.3 KB 
ID:	314910
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Moooools View Post
    Theory - The ring is retained in the bore instead of on the piston. The piston skirt is long enough such that part of it is always touching the ring, and the piston is nikasil plated. Could explain the need for the big spacer between cylinder and crankcase.

I can't quite work out if this is actually possible without the ring intersecting ports.

Edit: Obviously can be achieved without intersecting ports, but would have to be below all ports. It is not going to do any sort of sealing work down there so that would be stupid. I don't think this theory works.
    What if this wasn't such a silly idea, ring in the cylinder wall just above the exhaust port, with the piston moving in and out of it. If the ring was secured in such a way that it only just touched the piston (piston has a small radius on top) and sealed when gas pressure is applied. No more ring flutter even up to 30000, piston with some sort of wear resistance coating. You could possibly run two rings one on top of the other with the gaps 180 degrees apart. Under the ring there is no need for bridges at all just large holes. Remember the piston is guided so it does not touch the bore.

Now we are getting under the influence, what if , Lets say the transfers do have one way reeds (magic ones that can handle heat and pressure) , could the transfers be indeed above the exhaust as Husa suggested, expansion down to large low exhaust annular cavity ( no bridges just a large cut away all around the bore connected to the exhaust outlet), So transfer has now taken place up into the upper part of the cylinder and if pressures are right can keep transfering untill the piston shuts these ports off. If the exhaust pressure was kept high leakage from the upper part of the cylinder into the lower exhaust annular cavity would be minimal???
    Another bed time story

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR
    "Don't let the piston touch the rings"

The bore rings described above assumes the piston touches them which we're told they don't

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    "Don't let the piston touch the rings"

The bore rings described above assumes the piston touches them which we're told they don't
    Yes but only sometimes, not like normal ring contact. I think things are being described to us in riddles a bit.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    FIRST RYGER COMPETITOR JUST APPLIES FOR CIK HOMOLOGATION
    Sorry Harry, but life isn't going to be that easy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KB EVO V2015.08.JPG 
Views:	222 
Size:	557.3 KB 
ID:	314910
    Ken, you might like to know that you gave Harry a good scare! For some reason, although he is logged in, he can't see the pictures here. So he could not see the way you were pulling his leg; all he saw was your disturbing text about another competitor.
    Mental Trousers, are you there? I promised Harry to bring his problem to your attention. He logs in which seems to work because he gets the message "welcome Ryger" or words to that effect, but he cannot see any pictures and he cannot post anything. The two-stroke world is depending on you, Shane!

Bike
    wr450f
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    What if this wasn't such a silly idea, ring in the cylinder wall just above the exhaust port, with the piston moving in and out of it.
    If the rings were in the cylinder like that, surely something would seize unless the piston was coated in nikasil or similar. But as we're told the rings don't touch the piston at all..
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    which brings me back to point Z. - use premium fuel.
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    And the right plugs. And condoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle View Post
    never really believed in em. which i suppose is why my bike runs rough and i have kids.

Bike
    husaberg
    Oil, gas, Lab seal. f'ed if I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Ken, you might like to know that you gave Harry a good scare! For some reason, although he is logged in, he can't see the pictures here. So he could not see the way you were pulling his leg; all he saw was your disturbing text about another competitor.
    Mental Trousers, are you there? I promised Harry to bring his problem to your attention. He logs in which seems to work because he gets the message "welcome Ryger" or words to that effect, but he cannot see any pictures and he cannot write anything. The two-stroke work is depending on you, Shane!
    I pm'ed him Frits
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    What, no birthday greetings ? Happy birthday Frits, and thanks for all the information and assistance.
    Thanks Grumph. My own fault really because I tend to hush those birthdays up. And my pleasure re the info etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    I have purchased an aftermarket Derbi cylinder kit. One of many things I'm not happy about with this cylinder is the three rear boost port setup... I'm thinking of ...grinding out the divider between these ports and the B port thus creating very large B ports..
    Kel, before you do that, take a look at the calculation of the elliptical port shape, necessary to keep the piston ring alive, that I posted here somewhere.
    Your very large B-ports will require very generous corner radii and there may not be sufficient material to realize that.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Askor View Post
    If the rings were in the cylinder like that, surely something would seize unless the piston was coated in nikasil or similar. But as we're told the rings don't touch the piston at all..
    Fuel is an oil, a real thin oil but it will lube a ring. Look at a fourstroke the compression ring runs dry, apparently. With this system the ring will indeed not touch the piston for half the stroke. Imagine, no ring flutter, what rev's would you like sir?
    And there are plenty of coatings out there now that would do the job I would think.

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Mental Trousers, are you there? I promised Harry to bring his problem to your attention. He logs in which seems to work because he gets the message "welcome Ryger" or words to that effect, but he cannot see any pictures and he cannot write anything. The two-stroke work is depending on you, Shane!
    Has Harry clicked the link that gets sent to the email address he registered with? It might be a confirmation issue.

Hi Harry, good to have another world class tuner join such a worthy thread. We're all looking forward to hearing about your engine!

Bike
    '76 RD-400C
    This may be an internet question more than anything. From curiosity, I Googled the PVP superkart site and got their web address, but with the warning, "This site may be hacked." So I declined to go there, but does anyone know about this, either specifically or generally?

As a long-ago outboard racer from the States, I am ignorant of many of the names that I assume most of you know well. In particular, I had not heard of Mr. Ryger before all the speculation about his breakthrough engine began here. Would one of you, or perhaps Mr. Ryger himself, tell the clueless few (me) something of where he comes from in this game, a little background, nationality, etc., since the man seems to be on the verge of becoming one of the legendary figures in 2-stroke history?

Bike
    1988, Yamaha RD350 YPVS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Hello 2 stroke tuners,
    I have purchased an aftermarket Derbi cylinder kit. One of many things I'm not happy about with this cylinder is the three rear boost port setup.
    If this is a Malossi MHR Cylinder have a close look at the outer Boostports. And at the B Ports.
    The Malossi Cylinder I know has a B-Port without a Kicker (because the studs are right where the kicker would be on a modern cylinder). The outer boostport is doing the kicker-work.

So I would go on Option C: leave it as it came frome the Box ;-) Perhaps make the liner between the ports a bit shallower but nothing more.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Muciek View Post
    May I ask how in the hell You want to run this when stock cylinder with expansion chamber is killing gearbox all the time?
    hi there, well yes thats right they are plagued with gearbox problems once the power goes up.. but i started this some time ago and needed to at least get it to fire up. i will see if i can get it to fit the frame , another problem, as is the fact its not allowed in this format to get points racing anyway. i only tried this as a" guide " to producing a water cooled barrel( from existing bantam cast barrel as the rules allow), i have also got together some cvt parts to alleviate the gearbox issues ( which i think is also not allowed for racing, cvt) . but its kept me in the garage and out the pub......

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ey View Post
    If this is a Malossi MHR Cylinder have a close look at the outer Boostports. And at the B Ports.
    The Malossi Cylinder I know has a B-Port without a Kicker (because the studs are right where the kicker would be on a modern cylinder). The outer boostport is doing the kicker-work.

So I would go on Option C: leave it as it came frome the Box ;-) Perhaps make the liner between the ports a bit shallower but nothing more.
    looks like this one https://www.google.com/search?q=Malo...RWZoDu09ITM%3A

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    What if this wasn't such a silly idea, ring in the cylinder wall just above the exhaust port, with the piston moving in and out of it. If the ring was secured in such a way that it only just touched the piston (piston has a small radius on top) and sealed when gas pressure is applied. No more ring flutter even up to 30000, piston with some sort of wear resistance coating. You could possibly run two rings one on top of the other with the gaps 180 degrees apart. Under the ring there is no need for bridges at all just large holes. Remember the piston is guided so it does not touch the bore.
    I'm struggling to see how a piston moving through a ring fixed to the bore is any different from a piston with no ring in a cylinder with no ring, as in model engines.
    As I understand it, rings on a conventional piston force outwards on the bore, providing a seal that the piston alone is incapable of providing, given tolerances to allow for expansion differences etc. etc..
    It seems to me that a ring sitting in the bore would similarly need to be forced inwards on to the piston to provide the equivalent seal.
    I can't see how this is possible without the piston crashing into the ring as it returns to the ring which has sprung inwards while the piston was elsewhere.
    And then there is Harry's suggestion/hint/teaser that the piston doesn't touch the ring(s) anyway...

Thread Information