Page 1279 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 2797791179122912691277127812791280128112891329137917792279 ... LastLast
Results 19,171 to 19,185 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    fredric21 wrote:
    Any two-stroke that drags oil across cylinder ports with the piston rings can never be a "clean" motor. The claims for the Ryger engine are unfounded, I would say. Also, all the suggestions for "improved" two-stroke designs suffer from the same fateful flaws.
    I will make no stupid claims for my own two-stroke engine (which is being developed right now) until I have some genuine proofs of its efficacy.

Frederic, where does the Ryger claims a 100% clean engine?
    When the word "clean" is used it was meant in comparison with the current 2 stroke design.
    And what do you mean by "the same fateful flaws" ?

Ryger Engine built by Mcd Twist Ryger Engine
    125 cc, over 80% less emissions, 70 bhp, max. rpm 30.000.

Quoting LucF again, interesting.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    fredric21 wrote:
    Any two-stroke that drags oil across cylinder ports with the piston rings can never be a "clean" motor. The claims for the Ryger engine are unfounded, I would say. Also, all the suggestions for "improved" two-stroke designs suffer from the same fateful flaws.
    I will make no stupid claims for my own two-stroke engine (which is being developed right now) until I have some genuine proofs of its efficacy.

Frederic, where does the Ryger claims a 100% clean engine?
    When the word "clean" is used it was meant in comparison with the current 2 stroke design.
    And what do you mean by "the same fateful flaws" ?

Ryger Engine built by Mcd Twist Ryger Engine
    125 cc, over 80% less emissions, 70 bhp, max. rpm 30.000.

Quoting LucF again, interesting.
    On a side note
    Luc F everyone may remember was developing a similar Exhaust over transfers engine to Mr Overmars FOS
    Luc F also has an ignition that works up to pretty huge RPMs

Frits Overmars
    I do have some impressions for you, but not many facts. The visit to Ryger was held in a very pleasant atmosphere, but I have, like English should sign predicted, a confidentiality clause. If I'm not there to keep, can theoretically me that a contractual penalty of € 100,000 come to be, so I will have to control myself.
    What I do can tell, the project makes a serious impression, it certainly looks like there is good about it and what I myself always think it's important, it's easy!
    About power and speed I can not say anything. I have no power measurement attended and seen no measurable results. I hear the engine as the goat walk and that was a remarkable experience. For the average listener, he sounds like a normal kart engine, but I'm already half my life to the test bench, and I can at the hearing or estimate how much the torque curve will look like.
    I'm not saying I can hear how much torque is there, but the acceleration indicates a tight curve without the usual stroke dent thirds of the max.torque-speed. The engine is also very easy touring, though we have not been at 20,000.
    This weekend I hope the kart on the track to see it in action and then hopefully follow a test bench measurements.
    I try to keep you up to date as far as me not going to cost € 100,000.
    Harry Ryger

In my first design we have indeed -Well lesser extent-had this problem.
    if you prefer this, I can just send a new confidentiality agreement and demonstrate the new concept.
    It is not intended that the motor is 30,000 rpm draaien.want then one would request the material gods.
    The maximum capacity is between 17 and 18k rpm.
    However, the speed limit at 30,000 rpm is far he reaches continues.

In a question to Mr Ryger
    And that's one noticed approximately 24 hp more than the rest?

To avoid further speculation, the engine is subjected to endurance tests and there are now more than a year ryger around the circuits in Netherlands .... well it strikes me that most responses are that he is remarkably fast, but nobody notices that no plume of smoke coming out . power is not always an advantage English ... hence the production model is also limited.

With Luc we find a good solution to limit the speed at about 20,000 rpm max is 30,000 at the moment.

Jan Thiel

After initially to have been some scepties, by seeing older drawings,
    I believe there is now way in.
    My compliments Harry Ryger !!!

Very nice is that this engine will hardly weigh more than a 'normal' 2 stroke.
    If there is a future for the 2 stroke, this is it ....
    Twist that's a interesting word.

What's to say the sleeve valve is so near the piston.
    Add in a guided rod and ultra high primary comp
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guided piston.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	315089

Maybe without even the exhaust port covered at tdc if it had a valve like above
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    DEATH & DESTRUCTION

Pics are from a twin (2*100cc air cooled reeds) engined kart. Info we have that it was a new piston, hard to start, slow as, did only 1-2 laps, damage done. That's all we know. No feedback on whether there was any ring damage to the head, bore, eg exh ports. Piston inside is clean as.

Name:	DSC_3166.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	493.5 KB 
ID:	315094Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3168.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	495.8 KB 
ID:	315095Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3169.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	503.9 KB 
ID:	315096

To me, this all sounds like it was fitted to the engine without a ring; no compression, hard to start, a slug, being probably semi driven by the good engine. Pretty good job though.

If this is the case, it is an excellent example of the reason why we have piston rings. Of course, someone might have other theories though.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    DEATH & DESTRUCTION

Pics are from a twin (2*100cc air cooled reeds) engined kart. Info we have that it was a new piston, hard to start, slow as, did only 1-2 laps, damage done. That's all we know. No feedback on whether there was any ring damage to the head, bore, eg exh ports. Piston inside is clean as.

To me, this all sounds like it was fitted to the engine without a ring; no compression, hard to start, a slug, being probably semi driven by the good engine. Pretty good job though.

If this is the case, it is an excellent example of the reason why we have piston rings. Of course, someone might have other theories though.
    Dykes? was it what engine is 200cc kart twin?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Dykes are people too, dont judge them

KT100's ?
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    It was a twin engined kart with one separate 100 cc engine on each side. Yes, the ring was, or maybe should have been, of the Dykes type.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Dykes are people too, dont judge them

KT100's ?
    I almost forgot you were a little Dutch boy.

Name:	literature-dyke-leak-leaking-leaky_tap-plumber-dre0547_low.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	315104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lesbian-cockblocks-another-weird-demotivational-posters-1357641315.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	315105
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    2005 honda hornet
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Can i suggest that as the Ryger homologation form says two rings, there are indeed two rings...Possibly one in the conventional position close to the top of the piston, and the second at the bottom.

If it indeed has a lower end carrying oil as seems to be accepted now, a lower ring is pretty well essential to prevent oil migration to the combustion chamber.

If it is not using the crankcase as part of the induction process, the piston can be a very plain, symmetrical shape with no lower cutaways.

If the piston is longer than we would currently accept as normal, the pin boss could be relatively low, leading to the use of a shortish - 90mm - rod which could be quite nuggety - fourstroke proportions...

Lot of ifs.....

And how you prevent the ring touching the piston - or why you would want to, I don't know.
    i think the same.
    additionally to arrive at 11 transfer port i think we have to consider piston's holes as transfer: the cilinder outside is similar as the original VM motor unless the inlet valve; there is no space for more transfer in the cilinder.
    my 2 cents.
    regards

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    Found on net, Billet 3 piece cylinder block for RD400 for land speed record racing ,

Name:	bjt5iyA.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	315111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cvJwfRL.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	315112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jSi6vOW.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	315113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lHTIE4V.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	315114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pr9p3AK.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	315115Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wFjypnJ.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	315116

Edit: Text that was under pictures
    "I am also going back to iron sleeves. Nikasil is more of a pain than I think it is worth. I may prove myself wrong, but I am going with it.

The problem with Nikasil is if you seize it ruins it which is expensive and takes a month to have re-done. But the worst part is every time it has to be replated, the nitric acid eats all of the alloying elements out of the aluminum. Last years engine is toast. The threads are all gone. Anything that used to be a press fit is now loose. It may make more power not to have the residual heat from the iron heating up the intake, but it comes at a way too high of cost...for me.

The bike is all ready to go for this year. It makes more power than I ever dreamed. But the salt may be a thing of the past. Speed week was canceled and the Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials right after. World of Speed has not been canceled as of yet, but all reports make it look not promising. I will be there if it is a go.

Bike
    '76 RD-400C
    Specifics aside, what an interesting way to fabricate it, splitting the block horizontally just below where the transfers turn into the ports! A good way to build an engine from billet on a milling machine without castings (we used to call these "drillpress motors"), and you could experiment with more than one upper section, with different port-entries. Why can't I think of these things?!!

Bike
    zuma50
    There is a major issue with sectioned cylinders like these. I'm assuming he's using a steel sleeve. Heat transfer

Maybe he could NiCasil each layer separately, then hone as an assembly if pinning sections is perfect

Bike
    Peugeot spx

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Muciek View Post
    Found on net, Billet 3 piece cylinder block for RD400 for land speed record racing ,

Name:	bjt5iyA.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	315111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cvJwfRL.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	315112Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jSi6vOW.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	315113Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lHTIE4V.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	315114Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pr9p3AK.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	315115Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wFjypnJ.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	315116
    Looks like shit with all those rounded edges n stuff! Should have kept the outside square and unfinished!

Ok... Looks great! Most of it could be done by hand too, if you don't mind spending the hours.

Bike
    TZ400
    And it was all designed in EngMod.
    Here is the baseline first dynorun with all the ports, timings and pipe straight off the sim.
    Not bad for a RD400 running petrol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-4-15 run.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	315122  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Maico Bimota 250

Macio Woes

Last race meeting, I lent over to turn off the fuel at the end of the day and the bike cutout.

Here is the reason

Only when I split the crank did I find the problem.
    A few of the big ends needle cage roller separators had broken off. (New rod,
    only 10 or so race meetings.)

The big end pin has some damage. It was opposite the highest load area which
    surprised me??
    See here
    The slight scuff marks are scotchbright I used to make the damage more
    visible.

Did the cage break or pin gall first ? Possibly the case hardening was not
    thick enough ? I have a second rod pin here with similar wear.
    Interesting that the 2 copper thrust washers have also made a small indent in
    the pin on the the same side.

The conrod is still good and I'm told to get INA conrod bearings which are
    supposed to be the best. I can't find there here. Anyone got a source ?
    25*31*17.

The next thing is a new pin. After chatting around, 39B seems to be the best
    material to use to make one. This looks like a nice new exercise to do.

Don't really want to buy a new one as I have no idea where they are made.

Cheers Wallace.
    ........Rules are for fools and a guide for the wise ..............

http://www.marshland.co.nz

Bike
    TZ400
    Absolutely typical failure of a W big end cage - this is exactly why they have changed to "proper " racing flat outer faces
    with just slots to guide the needles.
    In the W design only the very outside edge of the cage is supported ( and wearing ) on the inside of the rod bore, once the silver has gone
    from this area then lubrication failure follows directly behind.
    Simple copper coated washers and big ends are shit - a failure waiting to occur.
    You run Meth - and of course you wash the engine thru with petroil after every startup ?
    If you dont the Meth on the bearing surfaces absorbs moisture - it forms rust, then it goes bang.

The bearing size is non standard, none of the major factories list it, 25/32 is the norm.
    25 mm solid pins are available in 60.5 and 64mm cheap as chips off the shelf.
    EN36B is a better material, it remains more ductile in the core after case hardening,but the costs of grinding and heat treating a one of pin
    are a waste of time.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Thread Information