Page 1297 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 2977971197124712871295129612971298129913071347139717972297 ... LastLast
Results 19,441 to 19,455 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    maybe this is where a breakthrough has been achieved in controlling the hcci .
    Conventional combustion is just fine, i guess. Remember, Frits said the Ryger was simple, and controlling HCCI is definitely not.

But I hope we'll know more some time soon - are there any homologation papers online, as of yet?

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.W. View Post

F1 mills have toned down the rpm since going high-pressure forced induction for power instead, but lazy N/A 4Ts really have to rev
    Not true. They were regulated to 18000rpm by the rule makers (in the v8 era around 2008ish) in an effort to keep the costs down. The BMW was spinning to 22000rpm. The manufacturers all said 18000 to 20000rpm was easy, it was the last couple of thousand rpm's that cost the most money.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    I've made a few, not on purpose though...
    Ha Ha, me too I have a shelf of piston shame.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Haufen View Post
    Conventional combustion is just fine, i guess. Remember, Frits said the Ryger was simple, and controlling HCCI is definitely not.

But I hope we'll know more some time soon - are there any homologation papers online, as of yet?
    http://www.vroomkart.com/news/22826/...ow-pfi-weekend.... this is all ive seen....

Bike
    TZ400
    I use a 5mm diameter carbide ball to do the rear wall hook on the Aux ports - this makes it easy to see how deep the outer wall is going.

Re the Ryger homologation papers.
    They have been approved by Rygers local ASN ( country association ) to be forwarded to the CIK to go thru the homologation process.
    This includes sighting of the completed engines and requisite spare parts catalogue.
    I have access to the CIK site area that holds the applications but until the formal procedure has been completed, no one can actually
    see the papers until they have been stamped as approved.
    All we can do is wait - there is even now alot of speculation and disbelief by current manufacturers like TM that Rygers claims are valid.
    Unfortunately for them when the Ryger is approved for use in karting it means all other products will be redundant with the stroke of a rubber stamp, and 2T technology will have been
    advanced beyond anyone's wildest dreams.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    husaberg

Kim Newcombe and The Konig

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I don't know i have a pretty vivid imagination Wayne.

Below Pheobe
    Next a story about Motorboats
    A short article about Kim Newcombe and the Konig.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kim 1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	712.1 KB 
ID:	315874   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kim 2.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	650.0 KB 
ID:	315875   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kim 3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	775.4 KB 
ID:	315876   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kim 4.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	765.8 KB 
ID:	315877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kim 5.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	773.4 KB 
ID:	315878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kim 6.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	752.8 KB 
ID:	315879  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    2001, Aprilia, RS250

Ryger Twin

There was a comment on their farcebook page saying they were now working on a 250 twin, with their own crankcases.

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    If the Ryger uses a separate charging "pump" to intake the air or air/petrol mix and push it into the cylinder, as seems almost a given, then the Kart authorities might have concerns regarding the ratio of "in' to "out", i.e. Looks like it could be easily supercharged, with detection thereof very difficult.

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Not true. They were regulated to 18000rpm by the rule makers (in the v8 era around 2008ish) in an effort to keep the costs down. The BMW was spinning to 22000rpm. The manufacturers all said 18000 to 20000rpm was easy, it was the last couple of thousand rpm's that cost the most money.
    Is true.. boost in F1 now means those high teen rpm figures are long since passe'..
    & of course the diminishing marginal returns of port-time-area/friction/cost was indeed, crushing.. Honda tried to beat it & failed - with their NR500 4T.. 30+ years ago..

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfumi View Post
    There was a comment on their farcebook page saying they were now working on a 250 twin, with their own crankcases.
    One leaver arm, one con rod, one hydrodynamic short stroke crankshaft and two guided pistons?? Imagine that.
    Either way, now we are talking, 140HP for how much weight? Not much!

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I use a 5mm diameter carbide ball to do the rear wall hook on the Aux ports - this makes it easy to see how deep the outer wall is going.

Re the Ryger homologation papers.
    They have been approved by Rygers local ASN ( country association ) to be forwarded to the CIK to go thru the homologation process.
    This includes sighting of the completed engines and requisite spare parts catalogue.
    I have access to the CIK site area that holds the applications but until the formal procedure has been completed, no one can actually
    see the papers until they have been stamped as approved.
    All we can do is wait - there is even now alot of speculation and disbelief by current manufacturers like TM that Rygers claims are valid.
    Unfortunately for them when the Ryger is approved for use in karting it means all other products will be redundant with the stroke of a rubber stamp, and 2T technology will have been

Brilliant.. Bring back Buck.. ah, I mean..

Bring back real bikes, 2Ts - to G.P. racing!

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.W. View Post
    Is true.. boost in F1 now means those high teen rpm figures are long since passe'..
    The result is true. The time line you described is not.

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    The result is true. The time line you described is not.
    Yes it is.. rpm limits are way lower - particularly so, since F1 went turbo-compound & Moto GP dropped the 800s..

& you can't quote me on any such thing as a "time line" -so you ping me with a red rep point.. thats piss weak mate..

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    With these karting rules, is there a requirement for a kill switch?
    If the Ryger is running HCCI ( auto ignition ) how the hell do you turn it off if the engine gets away on you? Assuming a stuck throttle say.
    Turn the fuel off and wait? Fire extinguisher up it's carby?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    With these karting rules, is there a requirement for a kill switch?
    If the Ryger is running HCCI ( auto ignition ) how the hell do you turn it off if the engine gets away on you? Assuming a stuck throttle say.
    Turn the fuel off and wait? Fire extinguisher up it carby?
    i've had that happen - by accident...plating flaking off a surface gap plug turned it into an ignition source.
    Other than stalling it - if you realise in time - it's wait for the fuel to run out.
    personally, I'd doubt if the Ryger uses HCCI.

Thread Information