Page 1298 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 2987981198124812881296129712981299130013081348139817982298 ... LastLast
Results 19,456 to 19,470 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    ... is there a requirement for a kill switch? If the Ryger is running HCCI ( auto ignition ) how the hell do you turn it off if the engine gets away on you? Assuming a stuck throttle say. Turn the fuel off and wait? Fire extinguisher up it's carby?
    Often had that problem with the acetone/methanol and a dash of nitro 2T's. The kill switch did nothing and the engine would barely slow down when the throttle was shut. The answer was to stall it and/or pull the choke on and wait till the rich mixture drowned the hot spot ignition source. Bit tricky when your diving into the hair pin at a rapid rate of knots.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    i've had that happen - by accident...plating flaking off a surface gap plug turned it into an ignition source.
    Other than stalling it - if you realise in time - it's wait for the fuel to run out.
    personally, I'd doubt if the Ryger uses HCCI.
    I agree it's not HCCI as we know it but there is something happening to start multiple burn points spontaneously ( controlled ). At 30,000 rpm there is not much time to get combustion all done.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia

homologation

"I have access to the CIK site area that holds the applications but until the formal procedure has been completed, no one can actually
    see the papers until they have been stamped as approved"

imagine being able to have access to those papers....mean while, if they were mine id be having sleepless nights and id be dropping out little false hints all over the place to keep people off the track.

i wonder if Frits could comment on whether this engine,outside the kart world, has room for improvement to keep all the engine tuners busy. could it be so simple?

although, since this Ryger engine has appeared, i hanvt watched much tv and its opened my eyes to so many different types of ideas that have been patented in the two stroke world that have not materialised , why ?

and another one http://www.ardellco.com/animations.htm

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    With these karting rules, is there a requirement for a kill switch?
    If the Ryger is running HCCI ( auto ignition ) how the hell do you turn it off if the engine gets away on you? Assuming a stuck throttle say.
    Turn the fuel off and wait? Fire extinguisher up it's carby?
    GM 471/671 two strokes often had sprung plates mounted over the blower intake.

I had to use one once, on a dyno, at more revs than I wanted to be anywhere near.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    I've had a Mikuni rubber inlet stub split causing an airleak on a 750 Kawasaki, do it.. & drag the 2 other cylinders along for the ride..

When the kill switch has no effect, then stalling it - is the only quick option, but if you pull in the clutch.. it runs away..making gear selection a tad harsh..

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    I guess when one only has a couple of posts to their name on here, nobody pays any attention to the content of the posts ??

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrue View Post
    I guess when one only has a couple of posts to their name on here, nobody pays any attention to the content of the posts ??
    hi there, i think that the patent you have directed us too was sadly dismissed as the ryger engine some time back. i may be wrong but ....

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Don't bother deciphering that patent; it's not the Ryger-patent. The Ryger engine is much simpler.
    i think this was the post , motleycrue. page 1182

Bike
    variety
    Its not that you only have one or two posts, its just that link was already posted some time ago. Old hat I guess. And for god sakes just dont try to start any conversation of fourpokes, especially anything to do with harley

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Frits, do you see a future road-use for the Ryger possible, regarding emissions ?
    can it meet with Euro5/whatever is comming ? The problem I see is that it still uses an expansion chamber (and a 2T without one is a whole lot less interesting to me), so a catalyst converter before the pipe makes the pipe useless, and one behind the pipe wouldn't work (I guess) as because it wouldn't be hot enough ?

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    Frits, do you see a future road-use for the Ryger possible, regarding emissions ?
    can it meet with Euro5/whatever is comming ? The problem I see is that it still uses an expansion chamber (and a 2T without one is a whole lot less interesting to me), so a catalyst converter before the pipe makes the pipe useless, and one behind the pipe wouldn't work (I guess) as because it wouldn't be hot enough ?
    I do not concern myself with Euro5 and related legislation but I see a clear future for the Ryger in competition, road use, outboards, jetskis, skidoos, ultralights, generators, pumps, chain saws, lawn mowers, you name it. It doesn't burn oil, it uses less petrol per hp per hour, and it has a cleaner exhaust.

Bike
    TZ400
    But the very best end use for the Ryger technology would be a retrofit kit to go on Harleys.
    Then instead of just killing endless scores of sadly deluded middle aged dudes that think they are Peter Fonda, with shit ( no ) handling and
    shit ( no ) brakes combined with no power at all,the old boys can smile as they slide down the road on their arses knowing the last thing they will ever hear was a two stroke.
    Just as an aside the stats in NZ are that 52% of motorcycle road fatalities involve the letters HD.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    TZ400
    This has just been posted by the CIK.
    Ryger is just a rubber stamp away from changing everything we think we know about race engines,as well as
    making HDs sound like music.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Homol-materiel-2016_Web provisional.pdf  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    1980 Yamaha RD/H2 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    I do not concern myself with Euro5 and related legislation but I see a clear future for the Ryger in competition, road use, outboards, jetskis, skidoos, ultralights, generators, pumps, chain saws, lawn mowers, you name it. It doesn't burn oil, it uses less petrol per hp per hour, and it has a cleaner exhaust.
    Hail to the rightful King!

I'll put my quid up.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    the stats in NZ are that 52% of motorcycle road fatalities involve the letters HD.
    I suppose there won't be many Hodakas still around....

Thread Information