Page 1300 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 3008001200125012901298129913001301130213101350140018002300 ... LastLast
Results 19,486 to 19,500 of 39423

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Page 1300 .....

Continuing with the theme of celebrating the people who aren't talking up a storm but actually working away in their sheds doing 2T tuning stuff.

I would love to see more posts with photos of 2T tuning work that people are actually doing for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Speedpro RGV-TF hybrid.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	315958

Been chatting to TZ about a TS/RGV hybrid and finally found a few shots of an older effort. Shame I didn't know a bit more about tuning back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bren_chch View Post
    I got a 29hp engine on triple-r-superbike dyno, the clutch was slipping bad and it was sucking in gearbox oil so i am sure there is a bit more power. On its first outing it shagged the original clutch kit and then started drinking the gearbox oil but it was still reaching just over 170kph at Ruapuna, there was more power available but I ran out of smaller back sprockets.

I had some good help from F5Dave and Peter Steadman.

Name:	BrenCHCH.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	315957
    More pictures of Bren's bike in its undressed state on the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bren_chch View Post
    the bike.... and engine finished
    And then the finished bike as raced.

Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    The 50 is together and going.

Name:	Cotswolds 50.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	617.6 KB 
ID:	315953 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cotswolds NSR50.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	243.2 KB 
ID:	315952
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Some pix of the 2 pipes. The RS pipe is a 1991 with a hand made header. The last pic has the TZ500 pipe fitted. Never mind the fat bastard in the background, it is the only pic I have that shows that pipe.

Name:	Jason and RMS Eng KE-RG100.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	499.7 KB 
ID:	315954
    Jason's RMS engineering's KE/RG100 engine in a TZ50 chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel pig View Post

Name:	Diesel Pig.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	783.2 KB 
ID:	315955

This is my machine when it was a bit cleaner.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    The cases are apart now after an ordeal trying to get those stuuuuupid case bolts out with the phillips heads, what shit idea that is. I ended up drilling a bunch out which where corroded in down the thread. Here are some photos, next I'll jump into the dummy casings with the grinder

The size of a 125 amuses me greatly, coming for a car background. I really enjoy the ease of handling everything, no engine crane or massive engine stands and heavy manifolds etc.
    Lots of photos on Chris C's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by seattle smitty View Post
    (Insert long sigh here) I hate, I hate to ask this, because I know I've seen the answer somewhere, ... but could one of you skilled info-locators please once-and-for-all-time give a detailed step-by-step set of search directions here, to show us how to find something WITHIN the ESE superthread.
    Seattle Smitty's original post, is the start of a short thread with many tips on how to search and find good stuff on the ESE thread or any thread for that matter.

Bike
    TZ400
    We dont see Zeroshift in everything coz the other Irish guy Mr Patented is involved.
    His 2014 updated phone number is 20100257969 I believe.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Frits,

Congratulations on getting the FOS into production. Nice packaging and catering for a worldwide market.

Name:	fospower-1.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	315934

I suppose you are now working on the Ryger version.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Frits,

Congratulations on getting the FOS into production. Nice packaging and catering for a worldwide market.

Name:	fospower-1.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	315934

I suppose you are now working on the Ryger version.
    I can see the protype had to be slightly modified, or refined. Is that a switch for different emission rules in various locations?

Wait, it's a sound vs. power switch - usa setting is load as hell, but low on power!

Bike
    Yamaha's

Time Area/Angle Area calculation

Hello guys,
    I try to figure out how can I calculate the required TimeArea/AngleArea for specific rpm and BMEP.
    For expample lets say for 125cc with 200* and 11.5cm2 exhaust port area and for 12000rpm we have:
    TimeArea: 0.00024 sec-cm2/cm3
    AngleArea: 18.4 deg-cm2/cm3 .....if I did the maths right
    My question is,
    how programs like engmod can calculate the required area for say 14bar BMEP at 12000rpm?
    Is there a formula or just Vannik's experience?Is there a method to calculate it in hand?
    Cheers

Bike
    variety
    Lef i think theres some stuff in blairs book about what you want to know, although i cant speak for its accuracy or credibility because im not a engine expert. im not real sure but i thought engmod might be based on some of what blair wrote but i could be wrong. these other guys might know for sure. while im thinking of it, what do you guys make of these statments that blair wrote in his book 'the basic design of two stroke engines' pg265:

The decision on the connecting rod length is fairly straightforward:
    it should be as short as possible to assist with the creation of a high crankcase
    compression ratio. In practice, the mechanical limitations of flywheel diameter and
    crankpin diameter necessary to withstand the mechanical loadings, and the necessity
    to have the piston clear the flywheel at bdc, will dictate a connecting rod center
    distance between 1.85 and 2.05 times longer than the stroke length.

Bike
    Yamaha's
    pee,I don't know if you've noticed but my TA calculations were based on Jennings and not Blair's formulas.
    Because English is not my mother language I find it difficult to read Blair books so I gave it up.
    If someone have the time and can make Blair's STA formulas a little bit more simpleminded it would be good
    Cheers

Bike
    TZ400
    I have said this before and got shot down severely by a couple of people, but even now I still just dont get it.

Why waste time doing the calculations, what do you learn apart from the satisfaction of getting the simple maths correct.
    There are free ( simple ) programs on line that give you the actual answers to what you need to know to build an engine
    with the correct angle areas or STA numbers, that we know work in every end use.
    And there are better programs that tell you a huge amount more.

In my view you would learn a way more by spending your time working with the correct answers on a real engine by juggling all the variables
    within the correct parameters you have been given.
    instead of working out, how to work out the answers - as its all been done before.

Yes I know its educational and all the other admirable intellectual endgames, but in the pursuit of two stroke knowledge having the correct
    answers in front of you, is to me way more useful, than the laborious time consuming exercise of calculating them.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    zuma50
    Why even bother with time area's angle area's or any of that?

Ryger made everyone that has touched a 2 stroke into antiquated technology. Ryger won.

We'll have to figure out how to improve upon his designs slightly from now on.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    Why even bother ... Ryger made everyone that has touched a 2 stroke into antiquated technology. Ryger won.
    Personally I really hope the Ryger concept heralds a new dawn for useful 2T technology.

Unless you're at the top of Kart competition, next year maybe but anywhere else, when exactly are you expecting to be beaten by a Ryger.

Buckets is a different story ..... ... plans are afoot.

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Personally I really hope the Ryger concept heralds a new dawn for useful 2T technology. But it may be a bit premature to write the old ideas off because I am willing to bet that unless you're at the top of Kart competition, and you go riding next week or month or maybe even a year or two or ever if you're into VMX or the post classic classes you are not going to be beaten by a Ryger.

Buckets is a different story .....
    Exactly TZ, and the two stroke expansions will happen in Buckets as per usual. Not sure many of us will have deep enough pockets to buy a Ryger for a while to come (any Chinese derivatives on the market yet).

It's a Kart motor too, might have to give the Ryger proponents a call and get one put in a commuter bike!

Interesting development though, and very interested to see if it is a rocket or a hand grenade. Time on the track will give us those answers.

Bike
    variety
    how can port surface area be irrelevant for ryger . mixture still passes in and out of the cylinder via transfer and exh passages, does it not ? something has to open and close a window, does it not ? to say the windows size is irrelevant would meen a pin sized hole would give the same results as a much larger hole.

far as i know frits is the only one to see the engine. how can everyone else be sure whats irrelevant or not ?? johhnyquest if you know how it works i think all of us are listening with great anticipation

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The duct CSA isnt near as important as the entry geometry.
    what is CSA stand for ?

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    what is CSA stand for ?
    From an engineer it means Cross Sectional Area.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Monark -57(50cc moped), KTM 200EXC
    Seeing Neels is online.

Can we expect future versions of EngMod including the Ryger concept do you think?

Impossible to answer, I know, but any way...

Thread Information