Page 1301 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 3018011201125112911299130013011302130313111351140118012301 ... LastLast
Results 19,501 to 19,515 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    I asked Neels about that ages ago, and he is sitting on the edge of his chair as we all are.
    Once he has the tech info then knowing him, the code will be written damn quick.
    As usual, we ( I ) need every small advantage available to beat the factory teams in international kart competition
    and being able to examine the wave plots in a Ryger is going to be very illuminating.
    I dont believe for a second what Harry has said about the port timings have little effect.
    It may make 70 Hp at 17K but just maybe we can change that around and have it smoking the tyres out
    of slow corners at 10K as well, same same is useless when racing factory teams.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Here's a thread with lot's of loctite info, if anyone's interested.
    http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/loctite.265016/

Re ryger, maybe the "rings not touching the piston" statement means the piston, rings, or both are treated with something similar to the microblue tungsten disulfide process?

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I dont believe for a second what Harry has said about the port timings have little effect.
    im sure theres been some trickery spread about to throw us off course. i could see maybe the case vol being irrelevant if its using some other mechanism for mixture transer but unless im a total idiot wouldnt there still need to be passages and windows and something uncovering said windows ? there for these windows and their size/ timing will have relevance wouldnt they ?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    im sure theres been some trickery spread about to throw us off course. i could see maybe the case vol being irrelevant if its using some other mechanism for mixture transer but unless im a total idiot wouldnt there still need to be passages and windows and something uncovering said windows ? there for these windows and their size/ timing will have relevance wouldnt they ?
    Would timing matter so much if there were reeds in the transfers and the crankcase was a high preesure pump?

Bike
    variety
    well i think we seen a photo and it appeared to have alot of similarities to a conventional 2t. unless the photo was a imposter to throw us off track

Bike
    none
    im sure theres been some trickery spread about to throw us off course.
    well i think we seen a photo and it appeared to have alot of similarities to a conventional 2t. unless the photo was a imposter to throw us off track
    Where does all this conspiracy thinking come from? If Harry Ryger would have wanted to keep us all in the dark, he wouldn't have published anything in the first place.

Bike
    variety
    he said port timing wasnt important. is there not still transfer and exh passages ? if so then how can the timing be useless

frits wouldnt there still need to be a timing of each phase of the cycle from tdc back to tdc again ? thats why his timing statment doesnt make sense to me

Bike
    none
    he said port timing wasnt important. is there not still transfer and exh passages ? if so then how can the timing be useless
    Where did he ever say timing is useless? Maybe substituting 'not important' with 'not critical' will make you feel better.

Bike
    2015 Avanti
    how can port surface area be irrelevant for ryger . mixture still passes in and out of the cylinder via transfer and exh passages, does it not ? something has to open and close a window, does it not ? to say the windows size is irrelevant would meen a pin sized hole would give the same results as a much larger hole.

far as i know frits is the only one to see the engine. how can everyone else be sure whats irrelevant or not ?? johhnyquest if you know how it works i think all of us are listening with great anticipation
    It is very possible with reed valves in a transfer port , that if they are pre set with a given pressure to open, that the transfer timing could actually be very low indeed, even as low or even lower than 90 deg duration. With air fuel being forced through two sets of reed valves, then the mixture will be forced mixed, possibly making it the ideal mixture for an HCCI engine after x amount of rpm. Absolutely for sure, if people like Frits have seen it, and says it is real, I believe them. Unfortunately for use, we all have to wait and see. But I am sure of quite a few ideas and I am very sure I am correct in my assumptions of what they have done. It has to be simple, has to be efficient, and has to be in an order that once it is all revealed we will all be asking ourselves, why did I not think of that.? We have been given lots of clues, it is just a matter of joining the dots with imagination. Have a look at an early patent of a 2 stroke engine. Then compare that to a modern multi schnurle port engine. The Ryger is a natural progression and no doubt very simple. It has to be if it can be made with a few changes to an existing engine layout.
    Neil

Bike
    Simson S51 Evolution
    For every single annoying question of how the ryger engine works and when ryger finally will tell us the story, ryger should add another month or year before doing that.

i am curious too, but that annoying daily questioning will not accelerate anything.
    WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR AND HULK HOGAN DESTROY YOU!!!!

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    It is very possible with reed valves in a transfer port , that if they are pre set with a given pressure to open, that the transfer timing could actually be very low indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    It has to be simple
    these 2 absolutly do not go together. reads build in 11 ports in a cylinder that looks as simple as a normal 2stroke cylinder can not be "simple".
    If I had money to spare, I'd bet there are no reads in the transfers.

Bike
    TZ400
    The "reed in the transfer duct " idea does not have to automatically mean they are in all 11 of them - making it then "not simple "..
    The scavenging regime can quite possibly be asymmetric, with one set doing a completely different job to the others.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    reads built in 11 ports in a cylinder that looks as simple as a normal 2stroke cylinder can not be "simple". If I had money to spare, I'd bet there are no reads in the transfers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mercury 2T OutBoard Reed Valve.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	315974

If I counted correctly this straight six Mercury 2T outboard has 60 reed petals between the three inlets and six crank cases.

Maybe the Ryger has no reeds but could 11 or even 22 reed's be implemented into a Ryger cylinder just as simply?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    these 2 absolutly do not go together. reads build in 11 ports in a cylinder that looks as simple as a normal 2stroke cylinder can not be "simple".
    If I had money to spare, I'd bet there are no reads in the transfers.
    Where is your imagination? Early days of Karting had reeds stuffed everywhere on the engine. They don't have to look like the traditional reed blocks, do they?

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    The Ryger makes no more torque than the Aprilia in fact a bit less, but works to a higher engine speed, so it makes more power. 11 ports, maybe many reeds, weird crankcase features, and who knows what all else, doesnt make for a better fill, just a normal good fill but at a much higher engine speed. Not sure how its done but if the 30% more power could be had at 13500 rpm by 30% better filling instead of 17000 rpm by 30% more engine speed I would like that even better.

Thread Information