Page 1304 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 3048041204125412941302130313041305130613141354140418042304 ... LastLast
Results 19,546 to 19,560 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrue View Post
    But will "one day" be this year, next year, the year after. Reading up on patents, things can drag on a long time, sometimes on purpose. Sounds like people have projects on hold waiting for "one day".
    My thoughts exactly, I think we need to stop waiting for "one day" and wasting time. Its been fun but we should all get back out to the shed and on with the reality of today's projects. "one day" will come in its own time.

I am building a special 100cc water cooled engine.

It started as a Suzuki GP100, it has:-
    48mm stroke crank
    RD400 conrod
    RGV250 big end bearing
    Diesel Piston pin for the crank pin.
    KE175 rotary valve cover.
    Oversize custom rotary valve.
    2003 RM125 Piston
    NSR MC21 cylinder
    Custom head with removable head insert.
    Special 12mm crankcase splitter plate to widen the crankcase for a 6 speed gearbox instead of the original 5 speed.

I would love to see more posts about the progress or problems other people are having with their projects.

Bike
    zuma50
    KISS. Google it. And not the dude with the long tongue. (Ryger)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    The spaceman? The romantic? The cat? Ohh, ohh, there was a fox for a while yeah?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by d2t View Post
    Hi everybody! I'm new to this forum but I must say, reading through this thread has proved to be very interesting. Some of your ideas are very entertaining!
    I wonder if Fritz laughs himself to sleep at night after reading some of these posts, knowing that he is one of the few that understands the principals behind what is driving us all mad.
    Hi there, d2t. I'll have you know that I spend my nights lying awake, crying in my pillow because every newcomer here spells my first name with a Z.
    Apart from that, you're right. The Ryger has a very efficient burn and several ideas that were uttered here come quite close to the truth. Too bad I can't comment yet.

Bike
    does Playstation count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Hi there, d2t. I'll have you know that I spend my nights lying awake, crying in my pillow because every newcomer here spells my first name with a Z.
    Sorry about that. Frits is a name that doesn't exist here in the 'States. Closest thing to it is the phrase "on the fritz" which ironically means that something isn't working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    got any photos of your past or present 2t projects ?
    I have way too many 2-stroke projects to mention them all. My most ambitious one is a made-from-scratch design of a 125cc twin for road racing. I started a thread on the pit-lane forums about a year ago but shortly after I began the design process, a large tree came crashing through the roof of my workshop and quite literally crushed my dreams. The building had to be demolished but I plan to continue development once construction of the new building is complete. I'm almost glad I've had some time to reflect on the scope of the project because I'll be approaching it in smaller steps going forward. The engine cases will come first and will be 3D printed using PLA plastic to form a casting mold. I'll have much more details as it develops but in the meantime, here's a quick picture of the port designs for the cylinders. Kind of a scaled down version of the RSA ports.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62cyl.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	316056

Bike
    Any 2 stroke I can get my hands on

More Ryger posibilities

Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    Ryger engine.
    As you are touching the area of pulsejets.
    This is something i have been thinking about for a while.
    As exhaustsystems are getting wilder and wilder i feel that 'engine is secondary to the pipe'.
    The pipe more and more works like a pulsejet but with the combustion at the outside of the pipe in an 'kompressor'(piston engine).
    You just need crankcasecompression to start the engine, then the pulsejet takes over and controls the piston.

Rgds.
    Swepatrick....
    Been pondering the same thoughts. If we envision the plate under the cylinder with a single hole that accepts the liner spigot. When the cylinder is put in place the entrance of the 4 main transfer ports would be blocked and thus isolated from the crankcase volume. Further more if the plate had 2 passageways that connected the cylinders transfer ports entrance to the reed cage cavity, (similar in function to Boyeseen ports) a "secondary transfer chamber" would be created. This new chamber would allow direct communication between the transfer ports and the reed cage. If the intake port in the cylinder were then blocked, but had its boost port left in direct communication with the reed cage. The crank case would be isolated from the new "secondary transfer chamber", and the most simple basics of the concept would be in place.

Next additional ducts cut in the cylinder wall (resulting in any number transfer ducts) could be arraigned to allow piston controlled timing of an additional transfer of gasses between the top of the piston and the newly created chamber. These added ducts would require an opening time when enough pressure differential existed above the piston that the new secondary chamber could be "charged" to get the initial flow of mixture started at transfer port opening. These ducts would do double duty by promoting HCCI through the introduction of free radicals left from combustion into the next cycles fresh mixture. A convenient side effect is that stronger power strokes would supply larger qty's of free radicals back into each of the next cycles mixture. Possibly resulting in self regulating the requirements for HCCI.

Then how to start the engine. I suppose a diaphragm or piston allowing communication between the crank case the newly created secondary chamber could do the job. But perhaps the large canister shown outside the engine is pressurized and that pressure is introduced to get the events started. The whole concept above is mechanically simple, could be quite easily adapted to existing engines, and fits with many of the clues. I hope some of you give some responses as to the flaws with it. I'm about out of sleep and ideas. Really need some input to keep thinking.

While Frits is up all night crying in his pillow over the miss-spelling of his name. The rest of us are up all night crying in our pillows pondering the imaginations of the Ryger team.

Just kidding Fritz.... Thanks for all you do....A riddle as good as this one comes along all to seldom...... Kermit Buller

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    My thoughts exactly, I think we need to stop waiting for "one day" and wasting time. Its been fun but we should all get back out to the shed and on with the reality of today's projects. "one day" will come in its own time.

I am building a special 100cc water cooled engine.

It started as a Suzuki GP100, it has:-
    48mm stroke crank
    RD400 conrod
    RGV250 big end bearing
    Diesel Piston pin for the crank pin.
    KE175 rotary valve cover.
    Oversize custom rotary valve.
    2003 RM125 Piston
    NSR MC21 cylinder
    Custom head with removable head insert.
    Special 12mm crankcase splitter plate to widen the crankcase for a 6 speed gearbox instead of the original 5 speed.

I would love to see more posts about the progress or problems other people are having with their projects.
    If there's something I can enjoy it's a proper "frankenbike"!

My Peugeot spx build is progressing in a slow but steady pace.
    The crankcase has been epoxied and matched to the m50 transfers, new cylinder stud holes has been cut, the old ones filled.

Name:	DSC_0184.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	316060

The pipe has been given a 25mm shorter belly and a oval to round adapter where it meets the cylinder.

Name:	DSC_0207.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	706.2 KB 
ID:	316063

The cylinder is decked 0.5mm and the main and aux ex raised 0.8mm and 1.1mm respectively. The main exhaust has also been treated with a radiused top edge.

Name:	DSC_0180.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	316059Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0160_20150924153148287.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	165.2 KB 
ID:	316062

Crank ground for slip fit bearings in my super precision lathe.

Name:	DSC_0267.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	316061

Currently trying to scrounge up some cash for microblue bearings.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    To get your mind off the ryger; Here's my shop/mancave, complete with plastic roof and bad lighting!

Name:	DSC_0283.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	316066Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0284.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	316065

The mill and lathe is in the scrap pile behind the shop together with all my other high end machining equipment - had to go to make room for the fridge and sofa.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    If there's something I can enjoy it's a proper "frankenbike"!
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    To get your mind off the ryger; Here's my shop/mancave, complete with plastic roof and bad lighting!
    Thanks Adegnes .... I like it ....

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by d2t View Post
    Kind of a scaled down version of the RSA ports.
    alot of people copied jans work, including myself. good thing he didnt keep all that knowledge to himself or there would be plenty of us still in the stone age

bully does your idea have a completely sealed crankcase ? im not understanding how that would work. wouldnt it need even a small vent like a transmission ? and how would the bearings and cylinder walls below the pistons range of travel get lubed ? maybe we're not dealing with a conventional piston anymore

Bike
    Any 2 stroke I can get my hands on
    bully does your idea have a completely sealed crankcase ? im not understanding how that would work. wouldnt it need even a small vent like a transmission ? and how would the bearings and cylinder walls below the pistons range of travel get lubed ? maybe we're not dealing with a conventional piston anymore[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that the crank case would be lubricated and vented similar to a 4 stroke. ( a shame not to use the crankcase for some benefit) Another problem would be the pistons transfer cutouts exposing the transfer ports to the crankcase ATDC. The piston could be made with out any cutouts. Or if the crank is conventional, the short rod length coupled together with the added height of the spacer plate would require a piston pin height where transfer cut-outs would not be an issue. The clue that does not fit is how to get any reliability with the conventional crank/rod/piston at those rpm's. There are methods that could alter the pistons acceleration,and side forces. But none that KISS..... Till Later I need dry my pillow.... Kermit Buller

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    how crank-bearrings and big-end are lubricated still intrigues me the most. If an RS125 can be transformed in one day, It can not include building an oilpump onto the engine.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by JanBros View Post
    how crank-bearrings and big-end are lubricated still intrigues me the most. If an RS125 can be transformed in one day, It can not include building an oilpump onto the engine.
    I think it was even mentioned earlier on, a small measure of oil in the crankcase which is splashed about the place by the bigend whizzing around. Splash feeding everything would not take much oil, maybe 100cc or so. No oil pump required.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    I think it was even mentioned earlier on, a small measure of oil in the crankcase which is splashed about the place by the bigend whizzing around. Splash feeding everything would not take much oil, maybe 100cc or so. No oil pump required.
    This is correct. Have a look at the Honda GX31, a 4 stroke that supposedly can run in all positions indefinitely. Makita also have something similar. Remember that these lube systems must also lubricate the valve gear. All the Ryger has to do is to lubricate the bottom end. One would think that a sealed system with the small volume in it would easily stir up the oil into a mist and lubricate everything pretty well, given rolling element bearings. Oil mist is the recognised best way to lubricate these. Even a piston with an oil scraper at the base of the skirt can easily survive.
    Only issue I could see is the heat buildup of the big end without the high throughput of cool mixture, but 4 strokes seem to survive though, albeit with a larger oil system than a small sealed conventionally sized crankcase.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Honda have a little (I think 25cc or 32cc four stroke) weedeater engine which, in order to enable it to be used in any position, has a seperate cylindrical oil tank at the back end of the crankshaft.
    Inside, there is a "whipper" attached to the crank which whips the oil into a misty frenzy. This oily mist is then sucked through the hollow crank on the upstroke oiling the bearings and cylinder, on the downstroke it is then forced out through a reed valve in the case into the camshaft belt tunnel (yes a "wet" toothed belt!) in order to oil the camshaft, then returned through a pipe to the tank. Clear? maybe not but maybe worth a look - it possibly could have an application here! - might find a link soon.

at last ! http://world.honda.com/powerproducts...oke-engine-gx/

Thread Information