Page 1319 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 3198191219126913091317131813191320132113291369141918192319 ... LastLast
Results 19,771 to 19,785 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    zuma50
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Are you saying roll the edges to do a butt weld rather than leave them upstanding and seam weld ?

I'll try that next time. May have to make up a former from MDF, bandsawn to shape and with a radiused edge.
    Don't have a sheetmetal form roll - do have plenty of MDF....
    Butt weld is correct.

I had best luck gas welding seams.

Mig is a big no no.... tig was ok, gas was best.

I always put a bleeder hole in. You don't want air in the system at all

Bike
    zuma50
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Eventually, and will always be relationship to combustion efficiency.
    Carbon is present from where a burn took place.

Carbon is not there typically for 2 reasons. 1) there was no fuel or mixture didn't burn in that spot. 2) incoming mixture cleans that spot of piston or chamber

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Booody hell Frits, there goes a lot of thinking down the drain.

Guess we'd all better get the brains into overtime................................AGAIN
    It might be all in your head...

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Your philosophies about the Ryger engine make it very tempting for me to react. Alas, I still am not allowed to. But I can't resist re-posting this picture:
    Attachment 316277
    I bet you wish that you could push that piston further down. But what would you see? Let me tell you: nothing out of the ordinary.
    Even with the piston at BDC you would not notice that it is a Ryger engine...
    I bet if we looked in the exhaust port from the flange side and you pushed the piston up and down we'd see something out of the ordinary.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrue View Post
    I bet if we looked in the exhaust port from the flange side and you pushed the piston up and down we'd see something out of the ordinary.
    You're on!

Bike
    Any 2 stroke I can get my hands on
    I bet you wish that you could push that piston further down. But what would you see? Let me tell you: nothing out of the ordinary.
    Even with the piston at BDC you would not notice that it is a Ryger engine...[/QUOTE]

Thinking out loud........What constitutes a duct by the homologation standards. Is it any passage connecting point a and b, and or does "duct" refer to a passage whose function is controlled in time? If there are 11 ducts and 6 of them do not terminate in the cylinder anywhere above the piston. There only remains a couple locations left to be connected.... 1. The inlet to transfer ports. 2. The ex port to either the transfers or inlet...... The answer to their location would have to lay in what purpose could be served by any of these areas being connected. Maybe the 2 aux ex ports are still visible at BDC but have been altered to serve another function. Might cut outs on the pistons O.D. function as valves to control any of these ducts. If Rygers view from above the piston has the appearance of a std transfer layout, it must either employ another method of timing the transfer flow (maybe reeds were the correct answer) or some of the transfers are not flowing fresh mixture.

This greatly complicates the simplicity. Kermit Buller

Bike
    V50
    I love my smokers...
    If there is puls charge in the ryger, there should be no real reason, to separate the crankcase. In my opionion this is only for oil seperation.
    Maybe you guys remember that post with a rised C port, some posts ago, where Frits asked for the source...

If i had time, i would try the following:

1) Close the big inlet ports under the c Port with epoxy
    2) raise c port some mm in steps
    3) reduce the boyesenports in diameter with epoxy, to see the influence, and let the "c port chamber" do the breathing
    4) Kill the blowdown and raise a and b Port in steps, and load the ducts with exhaust pressure.
    When the blowdown process goes on, i would hope for a dynamic and massive reverse flow...

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    You're on!
    Not sure if thats your poker face or not.

Surely if we took the carb off and looked in that end with a flashlight we would see something unusual (Yes/No), other than the spacer plate (which has who knows what in it and I wont even go there with a question).

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    The Ryger story about to unfold reminds me of the Norwegian classic "Flåklypa Grand Prix" (Pinchcliffe Grand Prix).

Don't think Reodor Felgen cared much for the KISS principle tho...

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrue View Post
    Surely if we took the carb off and looked in that end with a flashlight we would see something unusual (Yes/No)...
    No. You would see the reed valve, and there's nothing out of the ordinary about that either.

Bike
    2015 Avanti
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005bully View Post
    Even with the piston at BDC you would not notice that it is a Ryger engine...
    Thinking out loud........What constitutes a duct by the homologation standards. Is it any passage connecting point a and b, and or does "duct" refer to a passage whose function is controlled in time? If there are 11 ducts and 6 of them do not terminate in the cylinder anywhere above the piston. There only remains a couple locations left to be connected.... 1. The inlet to transfer ports. 2. The ex port to either the transfers or inlet...... The answer to their location would have to lay in what purpose could be served by any of these areas being connected. Maybe the 2 aux ex ports are still visible at BDC but have been altered to serve another function. Might cut outs on the pistons O.D. function as valves to control any of these ducts. If Rygers view from above the piston has the appearance of a std transfer layout, it must either employ another method of timing the transfer flow (maybe reeds were the correct answer) or some of the transfers are not flowing fresh mixture.

This greatly complicates the simplicity. Kermit Buller[/QUOTE]

I think the single exhaust makes sense to me. So no eyes or other aux ports for the exhaust,maybe it just does not need it in the current Kart configuration. Maybe for a higher power output engine they may need more time area. We do not know. All is just speculation. My view is that they have a ring of reed valves in that block. 5 will connect to the standard type of transfer ports, I also believe these are pre set with a specific amount of
    tension. The other 6 ports are also reed controlled to feed the volume that then inturn gets very pressurised just before the transfers open. It is also my belief that the Ryger system does not use ambient ex pressure to increase the transfer port pressure like any regular crankcase 2 stroke engine does, piped or not. There are your 11 ports. 6 inlets will be required to increase the time area. If the pipe really does pull a big negative pressure it will still pull air through the preloaded inlet reeds, but I do not think that is actually happening. The inlet super fog created by the mixture being forced through the effective 3 sets of reeds then just sits in the cylinder like a low weather system being retained by a high in the pipe. At the upper end, as the ex closes, hot ex gas then enter the cylinder, mixes and then the HCCI ignition becomes a reality. As HCCI is the fastest form of ignition and combustion known, and is very clean and complete burning. This is the real trick to the system, as spark ignition in reality is still very inefficient,so is glow plugs, which is why diesel engines are more efficient in both model engines and full size, right up to ship engines. The Ryger is probably the 1st carburetor engine to be able to utilise HCCI, the system is simple, and it makes you think why did I not think of that. I think what I have out lined is very close to what they do, it is simple, none of it has really been done before in this configuration. It is also something that makes me think, wow, why did I not come up with that idea to super mix air fuel mixture .An existing cylinder and crank case assembly can be retrofitted to take advantage of this system. So a conversion is just a new piston,conrod, spacer/valve plate and some cylinder lower end rework.
    Neil

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    ...I am beginning to realize that I neglected some aspects of the gas dynamics in an engine as being unimportant...
    This is what I find most interesting of all that's been said about the Ryger.
    What I find even more interesting is that bearings are on the way, and my conventional, though upside-down two-stroke is soon to be realized.

Bike
    Exercycle
    No. You would see the reed valve, and there's nothing out of the ordinary about that either.
    Maybe so, but as Wob has pointed out, there's no reed plate flange visible between carb and barrel in pics published...

Which at least makes the reed's location possibly out of the ordinary.
    And can we take this as confirmation that there is a reed valve somewhere in the inlet tract ?

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead

Bike
    mostly GG 280 trials
    That´s just mean...

Does anyone noted the completely different sound coming from the ryger engine at certain rpm?
    Doesn´t seem to be ressonace on the exhaust or inlet for sure!

Thread Information