Page 1330 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 3308301230128013201328132913301331133213401380143018302330 ... LastLast
Results 19,936 to 19,950 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    IEFs sketch once again has a "normal " con rod shown - and once again I remind everyone that this will simply destroy itself at 30K.
    I have already posted this graph from Frits in the graph I believe is the answer to how a 2 stroke might be able to survive extreme RPM
    You might need to read between the lines.
    If it had Cushioning at both TDC and BDC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	conrod10.gif 
Views:	65 
Size:	10.5 KB 
ID:	316440  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    93 kx500
    If it has a stepped piston of some sort with a seal between case and rod this could be used more than a air cushion but as a HCCI chamber to push piston back up?

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett S View Post
    If it has a stepped piston of some sort with a seal between case and rod this could be used more than a air cushion but as a HCCI chamber to push piston back up?
    Yes, the old one stroke trick Old steam engine tech, fire both ends (free piston). Only 35HP needed each end
    Imagine trying to cool that piston.

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    Frits, I have a particular cylinder reed valve engine that I will want to convert to a Ryger engine when the time comes. I am sitting here with new 0.040" over pistons and some cylinders with cast iron liners that need to be bored and honed for the pistons. In the interest of saving time and effort, should I go ahead and have the cylinders bored and honed now then wait on the Ryger specifics to come out or should I just wait for the Ryger info and relevant machining before having the boring/honing done.

I have a feeling it is likely the latter that you will suggest, but if it doesnt matter too much then I would rather have the people doing the boring/honing not see anything unusual so I would have that done first. There will be some lag between interested parties such as myself learning about the Ryger engine and the people doing the boring/honing learning about the Ryger engine. It is a vintage engine.

Bike
    variety
    frits see what youve done. guys put their life on hold waiting by the computer for the day you spill the beans. tell them it could be years before you talk

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    Frits see what you've done. guys put their life on hold waiting by the computer for the day you spill the beans. tell them it could be years before you talk
    My thoughts exactly, people should pull finger and get out in the shed and make something.

Like these Norwegians and their inertia dyno.

Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Meanwhile in Norway...

Attachment 316428
    Or Flettners Sleeve Valve Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Sleeve engine running. I guess this would have to be the first open ended sleeve twostoke running since Riccardo? Maybe.
    Now to fit exhausts and gearbox to make it usable, to put REAL thermal load on it.

https://youtu.be/bwsu5td6nko

https://youtu.be/9tHnBHh3VnM
    Useful stuff for your project.

Electric Water Pump.

Bosch aux coolant pump found in many Mercs and VWs pumps 25l/min unrestricted @12v, about 1-1.5amp - not bad at all. Don't know how much juice it can handle, but 15v should work, maybe more.
    Loctite

Here's a thread with lot's of loctite info, http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/loctite.265016/
    Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    Awesome free tech 50 out of europe
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CVT 50 A.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	355.7 KB 
ID:	316492

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Weren't you thinking along the same lines, TeeZee? Here are some more pictures of the bike; I'm anxious to see it find its way between the six-speed Freetech bikes.

Attachment 315529Attachment 315530Attachment 315531Attachment 315532Attachment 315533Attachment 315534
    Maybe not the Ryger but a very informative read.

Quote Originally Posted by philou View Post

Bike
    GPR150
    frits see what youve done. guys put their life on hold waiting by the computer for the day you spill the beans. tell them it could be years before you talk
    we will never see them in cars unless we want to spend are life boring and replacing pistons lol so a wast of time (-: bugger why am i buliding a 2 stroke

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    It can't. But you may want to reread my post. And if that doesn't help, then take a look here: http://www.pit-lane.biz/t1461p32-tec...moteurs-motogp
    Still can´t make it work inside my head.
    It´s like heating up the stove, shut down the heater and the stove still gets even hotter.

Or accelerate a car, shut down engine and car still accelerates.

You wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars
    After the piston has reached its maximum velocity, the conrod has to slow it down again. Now the piston is pushing against the conrod and positive energy is delivered to the crankshaft.
    Still, there´s no pressure left to push the piston after ~half the stroke(fastest pistonspeed) as the exhaust has been open for a while.
    All this consumes so much energy so i would figure the powercurve is heading down even more steep than vertical.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    The piston may not have rings as blowby may not be such a problem as combustion products may be used to promote the type of ignition of the mixture of the following cycle. So a little gas leaking past the piston and mixing with fresh mixture beneath the piston is actually desirable.

Frits replied to a question of mine some pages back and said something along the lines that the faster the combustion the better. HCCI is quicker than "normal" combustion of course. I was asking about combustion rates and piston speed. Interestingly the Ryger may have fast combustion, close to TDC, and has a short rod which will see the piston move away from TDC quickly. This may be required to extract useful work from the very rapidly raised cylinder pressure. I've thought of another method but if a short rod is all that is needed to obtain the change in piston velocity needed then may as well keep it a bit simpler.
    Without the piston thrust face loads caused by having the short rod directly connected to the piston the lubrication requirements could be reduced significantly. With the shorter rod plus the spacer plate there is plenty of room for guide mechanism for the rod attached to the piston. This mechanism is what would take the loads caused by the angle between the rod attached to the piston and the 90mm conrod. These loads could be quite high given the rod angularity and the horsepower being obtained. My thought regarding that is that there could be a connecting link(A) at more or less 90deg to the piston rod but connected to the crankshaft conrod, with a short link(B) between their junction and the bottom of the piston conrod. This connecting link(A) at 90deg would be connected to the crankcase at the end opposite to the crankshaft 90mm conrod. The junction of the 90mm conrod and the connecting link(A) would therefore only move in and arc dependant on the length of the connecting link(A) as the crankshaft rotated. This would reduce the side loads on the rod connected to the piston.

I'm gonna draw a picture.

The word "may" is used quite a bit.

Bike
    V50
    It seems to me, the gudgeon needs to be below the transfer ports even at TDC and a piston ring for sealing.
    Is that to prevent an air leak from the gudgeon to the pumping crankcase?
    That arrangement could be done with a short rod and a cylinder spacer, we can already see in the revo.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrue View Post
    Frits, I have a particular cylinder reed valve engine that I will want to convert to a Ryger engine when the time comes. I am sitting here with new 0.040" over pistons and some cylinders with cast iron liners that need to be bored and honed for the pistons. In the interest of saving time and effort, should I go ahead and have the cylinders bored and honed now then wait on the Ryger specifics to come out or should I just wait for the Ryger info and relevant machining before having the boring/honing done.
    When the time comes, you will need Ryger-type pistons anyway so it may be best to wait until then and see if pistons in approximately your size become available.

frits see what youve done. guys put their life on hold waiting by the computer for the day you spill the beans. tell them it could be years before you talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    My thoughts exactly, people should pull finger and get out in the shed and make something.
    Right you are Teezee. Putting your life on hold is like throwing it away. I love the way people like Flettner are taking matters into their own hands.
    A german friend of mine also started building something he thought might be Ryger-like. He will be the first to admit it looked rather 'experimental' but after I showed Harry Ryger pictures and a video of his contraption for a good laugh, Harry invited him over for a look at the real Ryger internals .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Langtuning 01.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	503.6 KB 
ID:	316452 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Langtuning 02.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	529.8 KB 
ID:	316453 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Langtuning 03.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	266.9 KB 
ID:	316454 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Langtuning 04.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	323.6 KB 
ID:	316455

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1TBj...el=UweHartmann

Harrys first reaction: "Man, does it smoke!"

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Without the piston thrust face loads caused by having the short rod directly connected to the piston the lubrication requirements could be reduced significantly. With the shorter rod plus the spacer plate there is plenty of room for guide mechanism for the rod attached to the piston. This mechanism is what would take the loads caused by the angle between the rod attached to the piston and the 90mm conrod. These loads could be quite high given the rod angularity and the horsepower being obtained. My thought regarding that is that there could be a connecting link(A) at more or less 90deg to the piston rod but connected to the crankshaft conrod, with a short link(B) between their junction and the bottom of the piston conrod. This connecting link(A) at 90deg would be connected to the crankcase at the end opposite to the crankshaft 90mm conrod. The junction of the 90mm conrod and the connecting link(A) would therefore only move in and arc dependant on the length of the connecting link(A) as the crankshaft rotated. This would reduce the side loads on the rod connected to the piston.

The word "may" is used quite a bit.
    Sounds a lot like what Flettner is building, if I may say so.

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    When the time comes, you will need Ryger-type pistons anyway so it may be best to wait until then and see if pistons in approximately your size become available.

Regular cylinders/pistons for this engine are cheap so I might as well just carry on and then redo it later when the Ryger info becomes available. If it was just a matter of waiting a few months I would leave it, its not a critical project and I've got many other things to do on the "List", but I have a feeling it could be a lot longer wait than a few months.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrue View Post
    ... I have a feeling it could be a lot longer wait than a few months.
    I haven't got a clue. It's a legal matter and I don't understand the first thing about it; don't even wish to.

Bike
    S11 (1958)
    Vítejte ZdenekK.
    Shortening the underside of the piston so that the exhaust duct and the volume under the piston are connected when the piston is at Top Dead Center, has indeed been done before. But at TDC the pressure in the exhaust duct is lower than the pressure under the piston, so there will not be any boosting.

That would require that this under-piston connection opens right after exhaust port closure. It would be open during maybe 140°; any pressure-rise would have leaked out again by the time the transfers open. It would also mess up the induction phase: instead of inhaling through the carburettor, the engine would inhale exhaust gas...
    Dank u wel Frits voor your response. Though that mean my thoughts were wrong, at least some of them.

Let me bother you with few more questions, maybe you can answer them.
    Looking down the bore of Ryger, are all 11 transfer ports visible with piston at Bottom Dead Center?
    What's the intake reed valve doing at 30kRPM, still open?

Thread Information