Page 1397 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 3978971297134713871395139613971398139914071447149718972397 ... LastLast
Results 20,941 to 20,955 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Rich could you do some pics on how the gearbox oiling system set works, please.
    Ps I see the problem, you have no crankshaft.
    Sure.Will be up in the shed later. Don't worry I now have 2 cranks. Just need seals and I am back racing this weekend. fingers crossed.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by lodgernz View Post
    Interesting. At the CAMS Southern Classic Festival at Levels last weekend, several F4 bikes were clocked at over 170, one of them at 178.
    They probably had fairings on, and of course the best riders in the country, but I'd love to see inside those engines.
    I guess you are looking at the Mylaps, the speeds are way wrong, they are supposed to be the average lap speed, at Ruapuna the avg is around 100km, I think they (the timing company) entered the wrong track length

OK I see Diesel Pig sorted that out earlier
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by karter444 View Post
    tig torch advice
    I wanted to learn a new skill so decided I wanted to be able to weld up my own barrels mainly exhaust ducts etc . On advice from a welding supplier purchased a TM 24 torch , the smallest available , 80 amp air cooled , the head is about 25 mm high great for right up inside an exhaust duct .It completed about 15 mm of welding and got so hot the rubber insulator melted and the head came loose on the shaft .
    Next option was to modify a tm 17 torch head that I already had , rated at 150 amps I shortened it down and fitted the very short ceramic shroud and the collet from the tm 24 . This torch ended up about 30 mm high , still ok to just get into the duct .while the torch itself was ok the rubber insulator once again melted .welder is set to 80 amps and barrel is preheated
    2 questions that I have , do I need to just spend the money on a water cooled tm 24 torch , or is there a coating available so the rubber insulator can be removed that will take the heat and also insulate it electrically
    cheers
    How long are you working at those amps? You may find the handpieces are rated for those amps for a 60% duty cycle and using it inside an enclosed space is only going to shorten that.

May be that for that application you do need a water cooled handpiece. These look reasonable: http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-fa...-993191072.htm
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    A question for anyone who knows about pipes: Is it feasible to make the tailpipe de Laval nozzle out of aluminium alloy? Any idea of the temperature at the tailpipe of a 50?

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    TZ350. IF your daring, warm up your test bike fully on the dyno. Get your baseline.

Drain transmission of oil.

Make a dyno run.

You should be able to make a run without hurting anything. I'm about 99% positive no harm will come.
    Its a good idea, I think you could be right, pity I didn't think of it when I still had the old horizontal motor chassis, the new chassis has the motor steeply angled down at the front and would be totally un-suitable. Maybe someone else with a more conventional layout might be game to try the experiment and post the results here.

Bike
    Rs125

Post Ryger

Hello, i have been a silent reader on this forum for a long time and now I cannot control my curiosity. I was wondering if someone had any news about the 'ryger' type engine. First time I heard of this engine and the specific claim of 30000rpm my mind flashed 'forced induction'. Seeing the pictures and no immediate devices to provide this I have to believe the system has to function like the old dkw engines from around 1930. (At least the principle must apply).

Link to dkw engine: http://www.kfz-tech.de/ZweitaktmotorA.htm

The left 'piston' is actually a pump, but what if it was a real piston. Would explain the aluminium riser plate on the ryger.

I am very interested in your thoughts about this. I just like mechanical mysteries.
    If this was allready mentionend in the thread I am sorry for reposting.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorn.clauw.1 View Post
    Hello, i have been a silent reader on this forum for a long time and now I cannot control my curiosity. I was wondering if someone had any news about the 'ryger' type engine. First time I heard of this engine and the specific claim of 30000rpm my mind flashed 'forced induction'. Seeing the pictures and no immediate devices to provide this I have to believe the system has to function like the old dkw engines from around 1930. (At least the principle must apply).

Link to dkw engine: http://www.kfz-tech.de/ZweitaktmotorA.htm

The left 'piston' is actually a pump, but what if it was a real piston. Would explain the aluminium riser plate on the ryger.

I am very interested in your thoughts about this. I just like mechanical mysteries.
    If this was allready mentionend in the thread I am sorry for reposting.

makes you wonder why the patent hasnt appeared... perhaps its not brand new and is made up of several old patents and the patent people wont see it /cant see it as a brand new idea..???

Bike
    Rs125
    Found interesting piston in some old cache page in google. Does anybody know if this is from an existing engine? My guess would be no. Looks like dkw principle to me.

Would explain how they are able to get mixture above the piston at such high rpm, also dampening the piston forces on the downstroke at high rpm.
    Would also explain riser plate and shorter rod.
    Still not sure how they reduce emmisions, oilfree 'mixture' or making sure no fresh mixture escapes through the exhaust port?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Step V3.1.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	317818  

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorn.clauw.1 View Post
    Found interesting piston in some old cache page in google. Does anybody know if this is from an existing engine? My guess would be no. Looks like dkw principle to me.

Would explain how they are able to get mixture above the piston at such high rpm, also dampening the piston forces on the downstroke at high rpm.
    Would also explain riser plate and shorter rod.
    Still not sure how they reduce emmisions, oilfree 'mixture' or making sure no fresh mixture escapes through the exhaust port?
    Ken here knows quite a lot about that piston
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130919423

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...post1130920630

Bike
    Rs125
    Quote Originally Posted by teriks View Post
    So this is a repost
    Gotta love this forum, others are still guessing while a member here is making sketches and material analysis of the piston.

Thanks teriks for sharing these post. (And Ken for the reading pleasure this afternoon)

Bike
    Rs125
    Some interesting ideas in those posts. Was going to post some drawings of my own but then i found the following 3d rendering. https://youtu.be/7UfMPi-jUz8

(So I do not need to hurt your eyes with my drawing skills)

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc

guys.. check this regarding Ryger.
    I think all your answers are here.

Bike
    TZ400
    The 3D rendering all makes sense from the info we have seen in the original patent, except for one small point.
    How does a conventional 54.5mm stroke crank with a 90mm rod spin to 30,000 rpm.
    I have said this before several times,its never been done before - so why is it now suddenly possible, some other trickery hasnt been revealed to us yet.

PS - re TIG torches.
    You need 150A to do anything worthwhile, such as inside an Ex duct, or welding up a cylinder head insert.
    This is only achievable at a continuous rating with a water cooled hand piece, air cooled just cant get rid of this amount of current especially in a confined space.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Rs125
    Hello Wobbly,

What do you think is the limiting factor. Mechanical or piston moving faster than flame front?

_tig torch advice:
    Spot on with torch advice. Aluminium (cerainly large pieces) suck the heat away from point where you're welding. So you need to input a lot of heat to get your puddle. Also, I like to preheat cilinders on an electric heater plate to 300° fahrenheit. This reduces the time to get the weld started.

Bike
    TZ400
    The issue is purely mechanical stress levels at 30,000 rpm with a 54.5mm stroke.
    Even worse is the super short rod that will put severe side load on the piston support rod thru the plate.
    This rpm gives a mean piston speed of 55 M/Sec, and today with current technology,approaching 30 is considered extreme.
    From the reading I have done, flame front propogation speed isnt an issue, and anyway the Rygers peak Hp rpm is only 17,000
    so its outright combustion efficiency at 30,000 isnt going to affect that result.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Thread Information