Page 1467 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 4679671367141714571465146614671468146914771517156719672467 ... LastLast
Results 21,991 to 22,005 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes

Mr. Flettner has been on it since day one!
    In the time others have just started thinking about a project, he usually has at least a couple of working prototypes up and running for each of the half a dozen engines he's developing. The man is fast, proper fast!
    Ya I have read about various things Flettner is up to and kudos to him. I was just wanting to start an "Aprilia on steroids" discussion, while we wait some more, again.

Bike
    TZ400
    Well Motley it depends upon what you are actually trying to do, and for what purpose..
    We know that the Aprilia had Jan the Maestro working on it, directing over 100 minions to CAD/CNC,grind, airflow and dyno test the thing to death.
    Thus I believe we can forget the transfers, forget the Ex porting,the ignition, the carb and the RV.
    The pipe has a couple of small areas that can be slightly improved upon ( 2 stage header etc ).
    One restriction was that someone decided early on not to move the rear cylinder studs, and that compromised the B port entry area.
    This may be an avenue to pursue, as it has been established well before, that turning ducted flow in 2 dimensions simultaneously is not good for the exit
    Cd or directional control.

I have proven ( or should I say Neels has ) that there is a big gain to be had in re configuring the Ex duct length and exit area, along with the header change needed
    to get the Lt back to stock - but I believe that is really the last area of the engine that could be seriously reconfigured and know for sure it will work.
    But as I have said before, I am really pissed off there is nothing to be excited about performance wise in the Ryger bottom end, so that wont be giving us a huge reliable gain
    in power capability due to raising the rpm ceiling.

But that power is already limited by the Blowdown capability - and as we still havnt seen the updated patent, or any proof whatsoever that the Ryger porting we have been shown online
    to date is in any way superior to what is currently accepted as SOTA, what do you propose we look at.
    HCCI at full throttle still hasnt been shown to work in any lab environment, to give us any usable numbers we know will work in a sim, so that is off the table as well.
    Our member here that has the ugliest knees known to man, and a CNC in his bedroom is working on FOS, and we know 24/7 has been tested and works,but is that really better than a fully
    developed RV ( maybe with variable timing to help things along ).

With all these technical limitations, and although words are cheap,making near 60 Hp in the Aprilia is possible with my proposed Ex duct change,but what else can we say for sure is a viable
    advance in that engine.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrue View Post
    I was just wanting to start an "Aprilia on steroids" discussion, while we wait.
    This is a make - show and tell thread, just like show and tell at school. So instead of trying to generate endless talking, why not make something while you wait then tell us about it or start an Aprilia on Steroids discussion thread of your own.

Bike
    Harley SShovelhead
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    This is a make - show and tell thread, just like show and tell at school. So instead of trying to generate endless talking, why not make something while you wait then tell us about it or start an Aprilia on Steroids discussion thread of your own.
    Seems to me this is a near 1500 page thread on everything from soup to nuts, and most of it is talking, but hey it's your thread.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Seems to me this is a near 1500 page thread on everything from soup to nuts, and most of it is talking, but hey it's your thread.
    Its all good. Probably sounded harsher than I meant it to be, I very much like show and tell from people about their own projects.

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Who has or can make STL files of the Aprilia transfer and exhaust ducts. Message me please

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    Who has or can make STL files of the Aprilia transfer and exhaust ducts. Message me please
    Lozza, "Message me", nah message everyone I say.

Here is what we think is a scan of the RSA/W passages, probably done from a sand core assembly, plus a pic of a CAD model. Someone could have scanned this to create an STL model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fo110.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	319457Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00428-20100922-2005.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	319458

However, whilst an STL file would be good, what would even be better would be a full Solidworks file, possibly something like this. Then one could play with this and adjust to suit an application or incorporate improvements, say to the exhaust passage such as Wob suggests.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	89413056.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	319456

Even one of the coolant passages would be good as well.

Bike
    variety

seems your the only one talking. wobbly, tz350, me and a lot of other folks been working on all kinds of projects. plenty of photos around in case your memory needs refreshed

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Chill guys, we don't want to catch Ryger fever.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2015 Avanti
    In reality Mr Hintz is the Da Vinci of our time. Not only does he have the ability to come up with ideas, assemble a group of ideas, then reapplies it to a 2 stroke engine, then he makes it. Some have had their short comings, but by and large Neil has delivered and shown that it is all possible, on a very limited budget and gets results. I think we should be crowd funding Neil as a group. It will be well worth it, even just for the ideas he shares on this forum. If most of us had 1/2 of Neil's enthusiasm for what he is doing , absolutely great things could be achieved.
    I would really like to publicly thank Neil for his many contributions and insights to what he is doing, proposes to be doing, and the numerous videos and links he has shared with us all and free of charge I might add. Many people have paid substantially to learn less than what Neil has shared.
    Neil Lickfold another engine enthusiast.

Bike
    2015 Avanti
    The latest thing I have been doing is making my own Magneto bearings from standard bearings and using near full complement ceramic balls. A bit trick to get the total end float correct and also getting the correct sized ceramic balls and diameter for the races. The bench testing shows a slight improvement in engine torque as compared to using the regular bearings with cages. Flight testing will be the real tell tail for sure. Also the crank is very free in the case, similar to the restored old engine I did. The case can be rotated, and the crank shaft stays radially stationary. so very happy with that.
    Neil
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outer-race-mod.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	319465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Assembly-Tools-required.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	319466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ready-to-assemble.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	319467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crank-in-case.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	319468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polished-crank.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	319469  

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    In reality Mr Hintz is the Da Vinci of our time. Not only does he have the ability to come up with ideas, assemble a group of ideas, then reapplies it to a 2 stroke engine, then he makes it. Some have had their short comings, but by and large Neil has delivered and shown that it is all possible, on a very limited budget and gets results. I think we should be crowd funding Neil as a group. It will be well worth it, even just for the ideas he shares on this forum. If most of us had 1/2 of Neil's enthusiasm for what he is doing , absolutely great things could be achieved.
    I would really like to publicly thank Neil for his many contributions and insights to what he is doing, proposes to be doing, and the numerous videos and links he has shared with us all and free of charge I might add. Many people have paid substantially to learn less than what Neil has shared.
    Neil Lickfold another engine enthusiast.
    +1
    And I don't think his knees are all that ugly, Wob .

Bike
    Honda Cr 125 - 100cc RSA replica -zip sp
    Frits did you have the resources to develop the FOS system further? (time is a resource too )
    or, do you know of someone who had some interesting results?

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    Here's one video (even Frits is there )
    (go to 4:38)

I have seen other video from that event and engine had like 14 15hp (video was taken down later). Frits does the owner made any more power with it? We also have onboard LucF and he's also working with system like this maybe he can share some info?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Muciek View Post
    Here's one video (even Frits is there )
    (go to 4:38)

I have seen other video from that event and engine had like 14 15hp (video was taken down later). Frits does the owner made any more power with it? We also have onboard LucF and he's also working with system like this maybe he can share some info?
    They like their Beer cold i am guessing.........
    It was 39C degrees here on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information