Page 1478 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 4789781378142814681476147714781479148014881528157819782478 ... LastLast
Results 22,156 to 22,170 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    sounds to me like jan is still king and rsa is still most powerful 125 on the planet
    A shame there is no class for it anymore.

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    A shame there is no class for it anymore.
    They still run 125's with moto3 in BSB, the lease on a RSA125 might be a bit steep though
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    YLR150RR and a RD350LC
    So the Ryger makes as much power as TZ350's GP125 they could have saved a bit of money doing this, I would not doubt Jans opinion his friends may be well connected in the 2t world.
    My neighbours diary says I have boundary issues

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit

International help needed.

Rules....

Given the international presence on this page - im hoping someone maybe able to help.
    (Sorry TZ for going left field - but it is two stroke related).

We are current writing some club rules for the inclusion of 250GP bikes (being twin cylinder two stokes GP not production) in our club series: given they are no longer part of our national manual of Motorsport - we are required to generate a set of supplementary rules for the 2016 season and permits.
    Our fantastic national body can't seem to recover our documented national rules for consumption and reuse.
    And I can't seem to find my older versions of NZ rules (was hunting it out for comparison around buckets) - in a box somewhere....
    Would anyone internationally (or here in NZ) have access to technical rules for 250GP bikes and/or point me towards somewhere/someone whom might be able to help (rather quickly)...

Cheers
    Brent

Bike
    does Playstation count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Rules....
    http://www.usgpru.net
    This is the premier organization for 125/250 racing in the USA. Go to the download section and there's a rulebook. More closely tied to club racing but follows the former Dorna-like professional experience. Hope that helps.

Bike
    suzuki

250 gp fim

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Rules....

Given the international presence on this page - im hoping someone maybe able to help.
    (Sorry TZ for going left field - but it is two stroke related).

We are current writing some club rules for the inclusion of 250GP bikes (being twin cylinder two stokes GP not production) in our club series: given they are no longer part of our national manual of Motorsport - we are required to generate a set of supplementary rules for the 2016 season and permits.
    Our fantastic national body can't seem to recover our documented national rules for consumption and reuse.
    And I can't seem to find my older versions of NZ rules (was hunting it out for comparison around buckets) - in a box somewhere....
    Would anyone internationally (or here in NZ) have access to technical rules for 250GP bikes and/or point me towards somewhere/someone whom might be able to help (rather quickly)...

Cheers
    Brent
    http://www.spelregels.eu/rules/motor...ING_GP_Eng.pdf

FIM technical rules for 2009 season.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Magics thanks Gents - a little more full on than I was expecting - but the key elements are there to hack into our wider rule set..

Bike
    Maico Bimota 250

KR150 Piston Wear

Hi Chaps, I'm at a loose end here. Both KR150s exhibit the same wear patterns after an hour or less of racing.

Bike 1 new pistons (x2) in the original coated bore with a loose fit but within spec
    Bike 2 new piston in a new cast iron bore with new tight (correct 0.05mm) fit.

Bottom of pistons shows no signs of overheating underneath the piston crown.

Bike 2 also had a really serious deep score mark where the rings ends meet.

Bike 1 uses TTS and bike 2 uses Spectro Platinum XS. Both bikes are using the standard auto lube system.

Open to suggestions.
    ........Rules are for fools and a guide for the wise ..............

http://www.marshland.co.nz

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by marsheng View Post
    Hi Chaps, I'm at a loose end here. Both KR150s exhibit the same wear patterns after an hour or less of racing.

Bike 1 new pistons (x2) in the original coated bore with a loose fit but within spec
    Bike 2 new piston in a new cast iron bore with new tight (correct 0.05mm) fit.

Bottom of pistons shows no signs of overheating underneath the piston crown.

Bike 2 also had a really serious deep score mark where the rings ends meet.

Bike 1 uses TTS and bike 2 uses Spectro Platinum XS. Both bikes are using the standard auto lube system.

Open to suggestions.
    my 250 twin did that to my pistons more one of the 2 pistons , i got sick of it and sold it , turned out it was leaking seals and sucking in air making it run lean ?
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Or water .... water breaks down the oil film.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Ring gap a bit tight causing score of bore and if it runs good with throttle then maybe the pilot jet is small, or an air leak, both making it lean on overrun and the piston trying to nip up causing the scuffs on the pistons. Do not re use the pistons once this happens. A careful measure will show they have changed shape, permanently

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Piston is not uncovering the eye ports at TDC are they?

Bike
    Maico Bimota 250
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    Ring gap a bit tight causing score of bore and if it runs good with throttle then maybe the pilot jet is small, or an air leak, both making it lean on overrun and the piston trying to nip up causing the scuffs on the pistons.
    New bearings, conrod and crank seals in both motors.

The original bike had 40K on the clock and the piston and bore looked ok. As these are still running the standard ignition, ie no retard at max RPM, (I think) could it be that this is causing the overheating issue when used as a race bike and max RPM most of the time?

PS this is at Ruapuna full track so they are being given a good workout. .

Thanks Wallace.
    ........Rules are for fools and a guide for the wise ..............

http://www.marshland.co.nz

Bike
    KR-1S, KR1-SV, KXR500, ZXR 4/600
    Quote Originally Posted by marsheng View Post
    don't know if the original KR150 piston has holes in it's skirt, but a KR1 piston has them to lube the bridge between main and aux exhaust ports (which gets realy hot). I'd drill some holes in the skirt :

and if you use a piston with the ring pin in the C-port, you could also drill holes in the skirt between B and C ports.

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    Exh main port looks high placed compared to transfers , is the bottom part of it in level with piston at TDC?

Thread Information