Page 1599 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 59910991499154915891597159815991600160116091649169920992599 ... LastLast
Results 23,971 to 23,985 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    variety
    Patrick if you still need a 66.4 piston I have a cast vertex from '13 250sx. had about 3hrs runtime when removed. pegs at 6 and im quit sure theres no chance of the aux popping open at tdc no matter what cylinder you put it in or how low you drop the aux. bad news is its 2 ring . pay the freight and its yours if you want it

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by DoldGuy View Post
    If this is for a KX cylinder, the other 66.4 Pistons will expose the auxiliary exhaust ports at TDC. The port floors would need to be raised a minimum of 4 mm & shaped very much like the ports of the KTM 250 Wobbly ported and posted pictures of.
    Aha, thanks for the info.
    But mine KX250(1996 engine) is downstroked to 61.1mm stroke from 72mm(the piston is at tdc about 11mm down from the original position(72mm stroke) with correct squish)
    It runs in a special 'outlaw' mopedracing class in Sweden.
    Maximum cc allowed is 212cc, mine is 211.47cc
    I also run a 137mm long rod (Maico/Yamaha 490) to make it take the rpm´s with ease.

With that said, i have a special insert in head to move the chamber 11mm down into cylinder.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    Patrick if you still need a 66.4 piston I have a cast vertex from '13 250sx. had about 3hrs runtime when removed. pegs at 6 and im quit sure theres no chance of the aux popping open at tdc no matter what cylinder you put it in or how low you drop the aux. bad news is its 2 ring . pay the freight and its yours if you want it
    Nice!
    I could use it as mockup to measure things, and in spare if something happens.
    I live in Sweden, check freight and come back to me =)
    How to solve payment?
    Paypal?

Pm me.

Rgds
    Patrick

Bike
    bsa bantam
    Adegnes, I have to say that your video diary is becoming essential viewing, don`t worry too much about the small mistakes and errors made, we all have done that. Keep it up you must a world wide following by now all willing you on, terrific stuff , thanks!

Trevor, in GB.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor amos View Post
    Adegnes, I have to say that your video diary is becoming essential viewing, don`t worry too much about the small mistakes and errors made, we all have done that. Keep it up you must a world wide following by now all willing you on, terrific stuff , thanks!

Trevor, in GB.
    Thank you for the kind words!

Bike
    TZ400
    The reason I chose the CR250 piston to go into the KTM ( apart from the single 6 o'clock ring pin ) I did was purely due to the skirt cutout below the small end pin
    on that model was lower than than others I looked at.
    This gave plenty of coverage over the Aux port bottom edge at TDC, preventing any short circuiting issues.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    razor scooter(pink)
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    ............ but what's the reason I can't just use my mig to tack the slugs in there?
    You should be shot for suggesting that , you will be tempted to use it on engine cases, frames etc

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    First the epoxy now the mig. Blah blah. I can't preach. You should have seen my LC head for my MB when I asked myself; gee I wonder if I can get it to hang together devcon the outside jacket on if I key it right?

And you know what? It worked great. Poopoo the naysayers.

Think it made it through practice. Not so much the first race before a side fell off.

Great believer in learning from others mistakes. But some you are destined to make yourself. Sometimes that can lead to unexpected results.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Ya mean you didn't even screw in some self-tappers before adding the expoxy?

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    First the epoxy now the mig. Blah blah. I can't preach. You should have seen my LC head for my MB when I asked myself; gee I wonder if I can get it to hang together devcon the outside jacket on if I key it right?

And you know what? It worked great. Poopoo the naysayers.

Think it made it through practice. Not so much the first race before a side fell off.

Great believer in learning from others mistakes. But some you are destined to make yourself. Sometimes that can lead to unexpected results.
    Basic bodge 1001... & work in some metal scourer pad material - as a matrix while you are at it too, L.O.L...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Just can't help yourself J.A.W.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Yours eh, ka pai.

Hey, don't knock it, 'til you done tried it..

Bloody superglue on a clutch cable - in lieu of solder - has got me home before, always keep some in the tote bag..

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by 2T Institute View Post
    You should be shot for suggesting that , you will be tempted to use it on engine cases, frames etc
    Yeah, can't really say I've changed can I...

A part of me still want to try the epoxy... All my epoxy failure experience is on old cast aluminium, no steel. Never used it on moving parts either.

Bike
    -

NGK woes

Anyone got a handy hint on why my engine keeps doing this to my beloved r7376 spark plugs?
    This is the third one, and I'd prefer spending my racing budget on other stuff than plugs to be honest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ngk woes.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	326079

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Haufen View Post
    Anyone got a handy hint on why my engine keeps doing this to my beloved r7376 spark plugs?
    This is the third one, and I'd prefer spending my racing budget on other stuff than plugs to be honest.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ngk woes.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	326079
    Ham fisted wrench man???

Bike
    TZ400
    Yep its the wrench.
    Some plug sockets have a step down inside, and this means the porcelain is supporting that smaller diameter.
    When you lean on the wrench, you are leaning on the porcelain - and not being flexible at all, it cracks off the resistor tube.
    Change sockets.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Thread Information