Page 1615 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 61511151515156516051613161416151616161716251665171521152615 ... LastLast
Results 24,211 to 24,225 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    73 kawasaki h1
    I've looked again and I'm still not sure. This just shows a lack of consideration on the part of the photographer. Or a willful desire to keep me guessing. Or my eyesight is worse than I thought.
    Anyhow, elsewhere, there was also discussion of adding a sump to gearboxes. These two things led me to wonder about the merits, if any, of actively cooling the transmission oil.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by EssexNick View Post
    I've looked again and I'm still not sure. This just shows a lack of consideration on the part of the photographer. Or a willful desire to keep me guessing. Or my eyesight is worse than I thought.
    Anyhow, elsewhere, there was also discussion of adding a sump to gearboxes. These two things led me to wonder about the merits, if any, of actively cooling the transmission oil.
    The origional Kawasaki tandem sure benefited from the reduced spash effect when it lowered the oil level resulting in less hot oil that previously heated its crankcases from it wet gearbox.
    I would say that pressure feed gearbox oiling and water cooled cases have made it a bit irelevent. When compared to the benefits offered by these other alternative solutions.
    Most of the heat comes from the clutch, which ideally should be dry and air cooled anyway.
    Honda deemed the pressure feed gearbox to be worth while on road bikes (nsr250) it was hardly something that most would have noticed as being race derived and a selling point, unlike the fashionable single sided swingarm , gull arm tri arms and dry clutchs etc.
    Last edited by husaberg; 25th November 2016 at 22:58. Reason: edited for clarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    73 kawasaki h1
    Thanks for the reply. Most of what I know about two strokes is at least 25 years out of date, but I still wonder about these things.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by EssexNick View Post
    Most of what I know about two strokes is at least 25 years out of date, but I still wonder about these things.
    Mate remember most 2T buckets are also at least 25 years old...

Bike
    Peugeot spx

That head cutting how to kinda turned into a joke... I swear it has worked great for me before....

In fact, here's a pic of a head I reshaped with this method a few years back:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141211_233458.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	594.1 KB 
ID:	326487

Not too bad I think, for what it is.
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    none
    Alex, I very much like your down-to-earth videos that show all the little problems one can encounter.
    BUT
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Be extremely careful. Not because you can damage yourself but because you can easily damage the cylinder.
    Yes, it would be a pity if you damage that part. But you can always get another one. And the same goes for your sweater that will be grabbed sooner or later.
    And the skin on your arms and hands will self-repair too, given time. But where do you plan to get a new set of eyes? For gods sake man, were some eye protection.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Alex, I very much like your down-to-earth videos that show all the little problems one can encounter.
    BUTYes, it would be a pity if you damage that part. But you can always get another one. And the same goes for your sweater that will be grabbed sooner or later.
    And the skin on your arms and hands will self-repair too, given time. But where do you plan to get a new set of eyes? For gods sake man, were some eye protection.
    Thanks!
    You are absolutely right! I usually do wear protection glasses, guess I got a bit carried away...
    I should know better, I've actually had an aluminum chip pulled out of my eye with tweezers by the doctor once.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    73 kawasaki h1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Mate remember most 2T buckets are also at least 25 years old...
    Exactly why I'm here. If I'm to drag the old H1 anywhere near the 21st century then this is the place to be.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Mission 1 annoy the purists.

I see a radiator and some bucket style water jackets.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    [QUOTE=adegnes;1131015369]

That head cutting how to kinda turned into a joke... I swear it has worked great for me before....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141211_233458.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	594.1 KB 
ID:	326487

Not too bad I think, for what it is.[

thanks for the video... when you have very limited equipment," a mans got to do what a mans got to do".. i recently watched a video of a man cold chiselling a keyway in a large crank shaft and thats how they used to do it for real!! no milling machines then.

Bike
    TZ400
    The new 400 Superlight for Dennis will be closer to 100Kg than 130.
    It has a carbon tank and bodywork, every bolt/axle is Titanium, and small diameter front Brembo discs off Aoyama's 250GP title winning bike.
    With Marchesinis all round and alot of unneeded alloy ground off the chassis it should be a rocket.
    I got a Mupo suspension kit for it, to replace the internals of the 2006 HRC RS250 forks, with an all adjustable rear shock for the Aprilia chassis
    but Mr Taylors dyno says they are " shocking " so they will need a lot of revalving to stop Charlett whining endlessly about the handling.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    EDIT: this should do it: Attachment 326435

Please let me know if there are any more problems. That HEAD-program should behave now.
    Yes that's better. It doesn't run on an HP 200LX running MS-DOS 6 BTW.

A question though about the box containing the legend "Radius 6.84" in the attached pic: Is this the radius of the curve from point 2 to point 3?
    I set it at 6.5 in the parameters, but I'm guessing the program has corrected it to match the required CR?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1050318.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	778.1 KB 
ID:	326496  

Bike
    husaberg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2OBHpQhixE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA91yGMUIG0

Not too bad I think, for what it is.
    Chatter was one of the words you were searching for. Much like the chatter of teeth. hakke tenner
    The other was method metod
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Chatter was one of the words you were searching for. Much like the chatter of teeth. hakke tenner
    The other was method metod
    Thanks!
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    husaberg
    Thanks!
    Thanks for the videos and also thanks for the Norweigan girls.
    I reminder distinctly .

Thread Information