Page 1623 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 62311231523157316131621162216231624162516331673172321232623 ... LastLast
Results 24,331 to 24,345 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    1964 Vespa GS
    You can also cut a hemisphere on a knee mill with the head set at an angle. The combination of the angle and cutter determine the radius of the hemisphere. The diameter of the cutter equals the chord length.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by G Jones View Post
    I may have posted this before - can't remember - whether it's necessary to follow piston radius or not for squish - it's what I wanted to do with our TZ350 - don't have easy access to cnc - so found a way to get it done with what i did have available...

I like that method. Very 'bucket racing'.
    To do mine I hand ground a piece of my (at the time) employers carbide (or was it tool steel I don't remember) into the shape of the dome that I thought was correct and used it to cut the shape. I then used carborundum paper to sand it smooth then brasso to do the final polish. Right or wrong it seamed to work OK.

Bike
    TZ 350
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    I like that method. Very 'bucket racing'.
    To do mine I hand ground a piece of my (at the time) employers carbide (or was it tool steel I don't remember) into the shape of the dome that I thought was correct and used it to cut the shape. I then used carborundum paper to sand it smooth then brasso to do the final polish. Right or wrong it seamed to work OK.
    Always more than one way to "skin a cat"
    I looked at and thought about this for quite a time - then realized I'd got the ideal radius cutting tool in the rotary table - looks a bit cack but does the job very well - more important to get it repeatable with the twin engine - you want both to be identical... - you wouldn't want to see the tooling I made to put circlip grooves in RD250 cases to use for TZ350...

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    The forming tool way is nice, cause then your not restricted to a hemisphere shape!

If anyone's curious to know what's going on with the Spx, I've ordered some urethane resin and will be making new engine mounts with cast in bushings. Crossing fingers for that to soak up enough vibration to keep my carb happy. Video coming.
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    More from your favorite entertainer!

Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Thanks for the credits Alex. You'll make us famous yet .

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post

did you cheak the otherside of the crank as it looked like it was going up and down in video , hard to see
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    TZ400
    Only one small step from famous to legendary Frits.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Thanks for the credits Alex. You'll make us famous yet .
    :

Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    did you cheak the otherside of the crank as it looked like it was going up and down in video , hard to see
    I'll have to recheck it. Thought that if one side is running true - both sides are good. If the shafts aren't bent(could be the case here).
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    TZ400
    Never assume - its just an error just waiting to be revealed.
    The pin can be " cocked " in a web hole, or both ,especially with a crank that moves as easily as that one does.
    If it moves like that when applying hardly any force, imagine whats going to happen at 14,000 rpm.
    Only fix for a shitter like that is to Tig the pins after truing,special stepped pins, or bin it.
    The only way to ensure pins, or webs arent " cocked " when pressed together, is to use a die set that keeps all the faces parallel.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Never assume - its just an error just waiting to be revealed.
    The pin can be " cocked " in a web hole, or both ,especially with a crank that moves as easily as that one does.
    If it moves like that when applying hardly any force, imagine whats going to happen at 14,000 rpm.
    Only fix for a shitter like that is to Tig the pins after truing,special stepped pins, or bin it.
    The only way to ensure pins, or webs arent " cocked " when pressed together, is to use a die set that keeps all the faces parallel.
    True true.
    I've told the owner of the crank that I highly recommend he get a new one. I mean I could probably bend it out of true with just my hands.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Working on the principle of the stopped clock that's dead accurate twice a day: the bendy crank is probably true , we'll, sometimes. . . Is 'often' acceptable?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    zuma50
    That could be your vibration problems. Crank isn't true

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    That could be your vibration problems. Crank isn't true
    Hmm... Could be. I've indicated both sides of the Spx crank though, within 0.01mm

But just to get this straight, if I measure no runout on one side, and the shafts are not bent, is it possible for the other side to be out of true? It's relative and all that.
    When I'm indicating one side and I can't get it true I assume that it's cocked on the pin, hit one side to see if it gets better/worse and work from there. Usually does the trick.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    TZ400
    Yes it easily possible to have one side read zero, and the other wave about at 0.03 - as you say if the pin isnt true
    in the crank wheel bore - I see this all the time.
    Have you checked the crank, now its been installed and run.
    Could be miles out if the press fit isnt sufficient.

Thread Information