Page 1636 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 6361136153615861626163416351636163716381646168617362136 ... LastLast
Results 24,526 to 24,540 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I've had carbs that would run low on long tracks.
    I've seen this happen from restrictive petcocks, lack of gravity head between the tank and carb (a problem on tall singles) and a chunk of rubber from a decayed fuel line lodged out of sight above the float valve.

A friend seized his CB125-engined racer twice before we found out that when Honda designed the petcock on the TL125 tank he was using they apparently decided to make it flow less than usual, because after all how much fuel does a trials bike need?

Larger flow float valves or a mild pressure feed on the fuel line with a pressure-limiting return line to the tank were some of the solutions.

cheers,
    Michael

Bike
    73 kawasaki h1
    Happy new year everyone. Changing the fuel tap, for a less restrictive one, was always the first "performance" mod for aircooled GSX750's. I've also encountered problems with cheap inline filters not flowing enough, fuel tanks not venting and, not so relevant here, vacuum taps not receiving enough vacuum to open properly.

Bike
    TZ 350
    Quote Originally Posted by EssexNick View Post
    Happy new year everyone. Changing the fuel tap, for a less restrictive one, was always the first "performance" mod for aircooled GSX750's. I've also encountered problems with cheap inline filters not flowing enough, fuel tanks not venting and, not so relevant here, vacuum taps not receiving enough vacuum to open properly.
    I don't know if it's any relevance - or help - with the TZ350 - running 38mm Mikuni R/S carbs - we use a vacuum pump - so no issues with fuel tap - also viton tip float needles - with no return to the tank - absolutely no fuel starvation issues or flooding.
    I always test the flow rate from tank to pump through any inline fuel filter too - they do vary by quite a lot...

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Breakthrough!

Have to put a light on it.
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    Bultaco Metralla GT
    Great stuff! It'll be very interesting to see what the actual timing turns out to be. All of the magnetic pickups I've ever used have shown some small amount of lag that resulted in the spark retarding slightly and progressively with rpms.

Bike
    Honda
    I thought I would make my first post

I am an undergraduate engineering student - in preparation for my thesis I am dissecting a particular twostroke engine to gather all internal an external geometric data.

The model below is an irregular stl mesh, though soon it will be converted into a standard feature based model.

A couple more pictures of the STL's

and a picture of a cross-section slice

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jseb89 View Post
    I thought I would make my first post

I am an undergraduate engineering student - in preparation for my thesis I am dissecting a particular twostroke engine to gather all internal an external geometric data.

Is the area between rear transfers and your C ports restricted by Stud spacings?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ap125-02.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	541.9 KB 
ID:	327643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSA sand cores 02.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	327644
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Yo momma
    Hey TEEZEE this thread has had about as many views as there are people in NZ. You must be chuffed!!!!!

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Is the area between rear transfers and your C ports restricted by Stud spacings?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ap125-02.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	541.9 KB 
ID:	327643Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RSA sand cores 02.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	327644
    No the restriction isnt because of stud spacings, I think it is just the nature of the design - bearing in mind you're looking at 20,000+ miles on the top end if looked after.

The engine is from a 1999 Honda CRM250 AR - the production version of their EXP-2 400 rally bike.

Cylinder Scan;

Cross section view of ports;

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Very interesting to see the cross section of the transfer ports and the way they are angled back. If you can, please post more views of the ports.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Hey TEEZEE this thread has had about as many views as there are people in NZ. You must be chuffed!!!!!
    Yes it is great to see all the people on here and I have learnt a lot from their interesting posts. Best dinner party yet.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Very interesting to see the cross section of the transfer ports and the way they are angled back. If you can, please post more views of the ports.
    This video should show it all

Bike
    Thats great, thanks.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by jseb89 View Post
    This video should show it all
    Now all you need is an SLM (Selective Laser Melting) unit. Then you will have your cylinder directly in metal, no casting required any more
    (minor problem: you will need a watercooled credit card).
    FOS cylinder SLM.zip

Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    Frits... your pics always seem to be png files. Hard to open
    Jonny, here is a count of the pictures I posted in the Kiwibiker forums that I participate in (ESE, Oddball, Chassis and Foundry).
    PNG: 79 files
    GIF: 46 files
    JPG: 523 files

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post

Re the reed backups,the setups used at present are close to 50% length in the case of the TM and the CR I have been working on.
    But both have much stiffer tip force on the bottom petals.
    Both use carbon backups that are around 2/3 the thickness of the main petals, but cut away in the 1/2 moon shape, so contact is made
    only on the outer sides.
    The TM has stops around 1/3 length, the CR has full length stops.
    .4mm carbon was all I could get ahold of, (and they were rather spendy, even though they take less time to make than the 4petal versions. apparently they have to get off their ass and push a button so the machine only makes one slice in the petal , instead of three slices, hence the extra machine "setup" fee . well, enough about the price gouging.) which leads to the next question. if my engine turns slightly less than 2/3 the rpm of a race 125cc, then would I even need stiffeners in the first place (before I cut up my spare set unnecesarrily) ? what are the signs of reed flutter ?

any luck on that cylinder head yet ? im sure your busy but hopefully it wont be to much longer mate

Thread Information