Page 1648 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 6481148154815981638164616471648164916501658169817482148 ... LastLast
Results 24,706 to 24,720 of 39423

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    This site has been hideously slow for over a week now, many times it will time out and I get the " cant contact the site " message.
    I have tried several times this morning to post this reply, but after several minutes, the reply option still isnt available.
    I'm not aware of any problems.

However, the connection between you and the server is most likely the problem. Do you have problems with other sites? Are they overseas or local? If so, your ISP is the first stop.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    variety
    i think ian made up a batch of 6spd gear sets. i would look into one if i were still riding honda instead of husqvarna -ktm

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    I'm not aware of any problems.

However, the connection between you and the server is most likely the problem. Do you have problems with other sites? Are they overseas or local? If so, your ISP is the first stop.
    I dunno MT. For quite some time when typing a post, the thing times out and I have lost everything. This can give you the shits. So now, I write my posts in Word, then copy and post into KB. If I am putting in pics, I do that first then do the paste. Maybe I am a slow typist, but haven’t seem to have had any problems elsewhere.
    Still, it could easily be operator error.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    I dunno MT. For quite some time when typing a post, the thing times out and I have lost everything. This can give you the shits. So now, I write my posts in Word, then copy and post into KB. If I am putting in pics, I do that first then do the paste. Maybe I am a slow typist, but haven’t seem to have had any problems elsewhere.
    Still, it could easily be operator error.
    Ah I see. If anyone takes too long to type in a reply they're automatically logged out. That's perfectly normal and I've been caught out by it myself. However, I did manage to retrieve what I typed in and post it. Unfortunately it's not something I can easily explain.

Best to do what you're already doing - type up a long answer in Word and then copy and paste it.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Not a Banshee box (no Banshees around here) but an example of a dragbike transmission.
    In a normal gearbox, if two gears are engaged at the same time, the box will lock up and you'll get hurt. But take a look at the shift dogs in this dragbike box.
    The shift dogs are beveled at one end. If a gear threatens to overtake a dog ring, the dog ring is simply pushed aside, out of engagement.
    Upshifts can be made under full power; no need to cut the ignition or feather the clutch.
    Attachment 328173
    Two gears would never even get close to be engaged in that box(they are just to far apart), and as i understand it the bevels donīt push any gears to the side as you describe it.
    The bevels are for pushing the activated gear out for easier shifting, a minor unloading of the gear and the dogs automaticly disengage due to the bevel pushing the dogring away, or with applied force(slam the gears) the dogs disengages and the bevels making sure the gear never engages again by mistakes of driver.
    That gearbox is impossible to use the engine as a 'brake', the gears just disengages.
    Just like a liberty gearbox for dragcars.
    You can also if you want, use a smoothcut of ignition and apply a small force on shiftlever, when engine is hitting the smoothcut and torque from engine is getting less the next gear just slips in.

Bike
    variety
    Patrick I think some standard gear sets can be modified to make upshifts in a similar fashion as your drawing. I believe theres some gears (where the fork is positioned) that have cogs on both ends and this gear needs to be split in half with a machine. so for instance in 3rd gear, you can select 4th gear while 3rd is still engaged, because 3rd gear wont follow 4th because it was split in half. the ramp on the 3rd gear dog push the 3rd gear away. the problem is they cant be downshifted like a normal gearbox so its only good for upshift. I have one of these style of gear sets but I haven't had much time to inspect how it fully works but ill see if I can get a photo.

Bike
    The gears cannot be pushed away in these transmissions.
    They are located with clips.
    If a gear would be pushed away it would be a disaster for the longevity of the gears.
    Therefor are the gears fixed in postion to ensure maximum use of surface of the gears.
    Itīs only the dogring that moves when shifting gears.
    And in the liberty gearbox they have shortened the travel of the rings to ensure fast shifting.
    And also if a dogring breaks you can replace just that one.

They are very clever, these boxes.
    All to ensure easy and 'cheap' services between the runs.

I have modified the dogs to what is called 'undercut', this helps gears being connected in std transmissions.
    Often a std OEM gearbox can let the dogs slip apart under high load, undercut prevents it.
    I figure you are talking about grind the 'backside' of the dog likewise to the liberty and the banshee gearbox, this might work, but sadly often will push hard on shiftforks and melt them

My old Honda MT5(132cc) melted the shiftforks, but under load, therefor i undercut the dogs in kawa trans

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    the bevels donīt push any gears to the side as you describe it.
    Could you please show me where I wrote that, Patrick?

Bike
    In exact words you never did, but a gear can never threaten to overtake a dogring when a dogring is engaged to an another gear.
    If it ever would, the gear had to lost itīs place and started to move against the dogring.
    The bevels are for pushing dogring away when torque is lost and setting gearbox in neutral.
    The bevels also is letting the dogs connect easier when engaging the gear, as the bevel function as a 'ramp' downwards into connect.

In cars this is funny, if letting drivetrain drive the engine under coastdown, the gearlever slams your hand hard, REALLY hard if thereīs a misfiring under full load.

Bike
    variety
    maybe wobbly knows more but I think in a transmission like a TZ (and maybe others ?) you can split the gear with double ended cogs and this allows 2 gears to be selected simultaniuosly and the lower gear is then pushed away because of the ramps. I think this is how it works

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    In exact words you never did, but a gear can never threaten to overtake a dogring when dogring is engaged to an another gear.
    If it ever would, the gear had to lost itīs place and started to move against the dogring.
    Let me rephrase that for you:
    "a gear can never threaten to overtake a dogring when that same dogring is engaged to an another gear".
    But again that is not what I said.
    If you wish to criticise me, that's fine. But then please quote me, so it will be clear for everybody just what it is that you disagree with.

Bike
    husaberg
    Unlikely. There's nothing wrong with the site. I'm picking it's a virus or some malware crap on Wil's machine.
    What you are not doing home visits and outcalls now.

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    This site has been hideously slow for over a week now, many times it will time out and I get the " cant contact the site " message.
    I have tried several times this morning to post this reply, but after several minutes, the reply option still isnt available.

Ditto i are getting the text bubble unable to contact site stuff as well.
    OPen new tab and then all is fine until the same thing happens again
    3-5 times a night.
    Ah I see. If anyone takes too long to type in a reply they're automatically logged out. That's perfectly normal and I've been caught out by it myself. However, I did manage to retrieve what I typed in and post it. Unfortunately it's not something I can easily explain.

Best to do what you're already doing - type up a long answer in Word and then copy and paste it.
    What you can do is just right click and copy the text prior to hitting reply, no need to use word. ( i do though, because my spelling sucks and my browser wont play nice with the KB spell check anymore)
    If you get caught out when it times out, yes sometimes using the back button works, But not always.

You can always just set up your profile to automatically log in no login password required
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Let me rephrase that for you:
    "a gear can never threaten to overtake a dogring when that same dogring is engaged to an another gear".
    But again that is not what I said.
    If you wish to criticise me, that's fine. But then please quote me, so it will be clear for everybody just what it is that you disagree with.
    Just,, WOW.
    All i have to say.

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/Czech.Mo...95847133812389

Picutres of the CZ twin 125 rear disc valve engine from 1983

Bike
    TZ400
    I always thought the SeaDoo twin was clever, but they pinched the idea off CZ from 10 years earlier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SeaDoo.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	328186  
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Thread Information