Page 1688 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 6881188158816381678168616871688168916901698173817882188 ... LastLast
Results 25,306 to 25,320 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    kreidler rs 1976
    We realy don't care about all those negative replies, we are use to it !

All those people will very soon be very quiet!!

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy_Racer View Post
    Why don't you stop trying to baffle everyone with bullshit and share some real technical data for a change, for that is what this thread is about.
    True, this thread is show and tell and at its best when it's technically honest and open.

Bike
    Conti RX356 V3
    oh sry - think I missed that doubt, questioning and scrutinizing claims are negative replies.

sure - soon we'll be quiet, as you already mentioned 20 times in the last 2 years

Bike
    Bultaco Metralla GT
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_v View Post
    TZ

Just wondering if you have tried using a vacuum signal from the 24 mm venturi. This signal would be very sensitive to whether the engine is on pipe or indeed firing. If the delivery ratio is doubled then the vacuum signal would increase by 4 times. Flow is proportional to the square root of the signal.
    And flow of a liquid - like fuel for example - through an orifice is proportional to the square of the pressure gradient. A cynic might say "If only there was some way to harness that venturi signal to deliver fuel directly into the engine..."

But I wouldn't...

Bike
    kreidler rs 1976
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Shit Luc, you really are your own worst enemy.
    Not only have we had an endless stream of bullshit power numbers with " dyno " graphs a 10 year old could draw on an iPad,.
    May be you have to learn some more, Read here what Jan Thiel wrote about some of my graphics.

https://www.facebook.com/luc.foekema...c_location=ufi

For people who don't have FB:

Quote from : Jan Thiel on October 18, 2012 , 06:17:55
    Beautiful graphics Luc ! That 'red ' abilities are 100 % definitely achievable. It will , however, most of the time, and especially money, are missing...........

Quote from Jan Thiel November 19, 2015
    Calculations with a specific program are certainly very useful!
    I wish I had something at Aprilia, then I had definitely become further!

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar

re: ESE recipe for 110

Why split the cylinder height reduction between head and barrel - 2mm off barrel, 2mm spigot on head? I like the spigotted head, saves dowelling/lining up sloppy head barrel fits, but how deep could one go? What clearance for the spigot?
    Please?

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by oldjohnno View Post
    And flow of a liquid - like fuel for example - through an orifice is proportional to the square of the pressure gradient. A cynic might say "If only there was some way to harness that venturi signal to deliver fuel directly into the engine..."

But I wouldn't...
    Off course, liquid flow through an orifice is actually proportional to the "square root" of the pressure gradient which is convenient as your hypothetical fuel delivery device could be a goer.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    About Ryger..

There are certain rules set by the universe of how much airflow you can get out of an certain area.

30mm(or 34mm, can´t remember) carburetor yes?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by koenich View Post
    . . . I can post a vid of me lapping RS125s/650cc supermotos on a kart track with my 50cc bike. must also produce massive amounts of power
    Actually, that would be a nice distraction.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by lucf View Post
    Only negative screaming, no real thinking and ask himself "where does all that power really come from?"
    And those people calls themselfs a true expert in 2stroke, don't make me laugh!
    I am pretty sure a KZ2 prepared by wob would have run "nice" circles around your kart on that day. But that's just my personal opinion.

But anyway, as you mention the thinking part, I would like to offer you a technical discussion about the ryger engine. I hope that we will learn something from it, but based on the past, I don't think so. I did ask myself "where all that power could be coming from", and looking at the homologation documents and the pictures on the net, I don't see a reason why there should be "all that power", or even "as much power as the others". Because basically, due to the nature of the stepped piston, the ryger is a 125cc with reduced breathing capacity. If I had a horse and I would cut off one leg, there would be no reason this horse could then run faster, right? It's kind of the same with the ryger concept for me. So tell me, where did my thinking go wrong, what did I miss?

(by the way, the ryger is in no way "a clean two-stroke engine" just because it does not burn any oil. The main source of emissions on two-stroke engines is hydrocarbon emissions caused by scavenging losses of unburnt charge).

Bike
    TZ400
    Jans comments were about the graphics you did of an RSA125 simulation,so have nothing to do with our discussion on here about the mystical Ryger horsepower.
    In every other forum I have seen he completely rubbishes everything you have said, and you have said quite alot, but with NO PROOF of anything.
    Showing us so called dyno graphs, that clearly have nothing to do with a dyno,then a video of some no name kart running around on a track with 4 stroke rentals
    also has nothing to do with the engine being a success in reality.
    On that video day it would be my opinion that DeConto would have been 2 seconds a lap faster, with a TM " only " revving to 15,000 ( proven ) with one flat tire ( joke ).

What you dont seem to understand is that everyone on here is really, really wanting this Ryger project to be a success, all you are doing is turning the whole thing to shit
    by feeding us all so much unproven rubbish.
    Please SHUTUP,until the new dyno Jan told me you have,produces something that is worth writing about.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    rd 350 ypvs 1985
    +1 I guess

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by koenich View Post
    I can post a vid of me lapping RS125s/650cc supermotos on a kart track with my 50cc bike. must also produce massive amounts of power
    Actually, that would be a nice distraction.
    Ha, F5 Dave just because you have run rings around much bigger bikes with your 50. I loved watching it. ...

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Jans comments were about the graphics you did of an RSA125 simulation,so have nothing to do with our discussion on here about the mystical Ryger horsepower.
    In every other forum I have seen he completely rubbishes everything you have said, and you have said quite alot, but with NO PROOF of anything.
    Showing us so called dyno graphs, that clearly have nothing to do with a dyno,then a video of some no name kart running around on a track with 4 stroke rentals
    also has nothing to do with the engine being a success in reality.
    On that video day it would be my opinion that DeConto would have been 2 seconds a lap faster, with a TM " only " revving to 15,000 ( proven ) with one flat tire ( joke ).

What you dont seem to understand is that everyone on here is really, really wanting this Ryger project to be a success, all you are doing is turning the whole thing to shit
    by feeding us all so much unproven rubbish.
    Please SHUTUP,until the new dyno Jan told me you have,produces something that is worth writing about.
    I wouldn´t trust any numbers from that dyno either.
    A third party dynotester should be doing it.

Rgds.

Bike
    honda ns 400

Rygerised NS 250

Hi,

I can imagine the main important difference ( except mechanical side ) , between "normal" and "ryger" engines, that can play different games inside the cylinder:

The main stream from carb sucked directly to transfer ports when piston moves up and together with pipe, maybe its very strong tandem.

When piston at BDC the squash between piston and small cylinder top edge generate strong stream directly to transfers ports (maybe, at high rpm piston is like ball between two different springs).

Main piston have minimal contact with main cylinder , piston ring work without side force from piston at TDC and BDC.

Smaller suction volume ( but on bigger capacity engines, difference between working and sucking volume not so big )

But maybe Frits theory play another game

About rygerised NS 250. Finished straight header pipe, brakes, suspension. Start engine again, want to hear rpm with and without pipe. So without pipe engine max. revs 10200 rpm. Can't remember rpm without pipe on std. engine. With new pipe 13400 rpm. but carb, ignition,.... This week want to install new radiator with hoses, and a lot of small things, that EAT so much time . Maybe next week will try it.

Interesting, from homologation, Ryger exhaust final section before stinger 29mm. Is it final dimension, or dimension before smaller tube.

Thread Information