Page 1692 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 6921192159216421682169016911692169316941702174217922192 ... LastLast
Results 25,366 to 25,380 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TM
    Quote Originally Posted by lucf View Post
    We realy don't care about all those negative replies, we are use to it !

All those people will very soon be very quiet!!

We are going to see the engines perform at Kerpen next weekend ?
    Winning is more important than dyno numbers

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    As far as i am aware Itoh did a full season on an injected NSR500 which s why he only had a decent result when he filled in on Doohans bike for one race 95 (i think)
    I am pretty sure Honda was pretty coy about it or was it maybe they were just letting the journalists think thats what they were doing?
    Honda had some success with the EXP2 which was injected.
    The thing is, carbs work very well. Actually in a lot of situations feel is more important than outright power. The IOM TT is one.
    There has been a few injected trials bikes but i have never tried one.
    Itohs bike was the fastest in a straight line but Doohan still wiped the floor with him.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Thanks for the tip! Sure about that octane rating?

I came out on top this time, a little sanding and it'll be fine. The bore is unmarked, just reflections.

Attachment 329324
    You lucky sod.. =)

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    That's a great idea! Only problem is I can't get hold of any pure nitro, they fear we will be making bombs...

To stay on the safe side while creeping up on this fuel I could use your approach and move the nitro % over to the air side of the equation. What are your thoughts on the oil and afr?
    Maybe move it to the air side too.
    In Sweden about 60km from me they sell pure nitro, but what is new for 2017 you need to go a course to get an license to use it.

170skr per litre.

http://shop.kb-rchobby.se/bransle-ol...product_id=695

Pure methanol one can buy cheap from dragracers this season.
    Many got last years leftover in stock.
    But take note that Methanol can differ a bit from eachother.
    I bought methanol with 49.96% oxygen for 10kr/litre.

Bike
    does Playstation count?
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post
    125 ... 250 or bigger, RPM? number of injectors, MAP? pictures?
    2018 KTM 2-stroke FI:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018 KTM FI.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	329326

This is the best picture I could find on the ol' interweb. Looks like a single injector facing down into the B-port and I assume one on the opposite side as well. It's a different approach than what we've seen in the past with snowmobiles' SDI (not to be confused with DI). I'm sure the engine will appear at some big motorcycle show later in the year so we can get more details.

Although it's pushing injection tech, there is still the issue of emissions in the form of escaping unburnt fuel mixture and oil in the fuel. Direct injection solves the escaping fresh charge issue but I seem to remember that DI can't perform well above a certain RPM due to the small amount of time the fuel has to atomize before firing. I believe it was around 9000RPM in Orbital's efforts on Aprilia's 50cc DiTech mopeds. It also adds a little complexity to the engine as it requires a pressurized fuel rail. As far as oil in the fuel, the Ryger concept seems to solve this and if HCCI or some other mystical power is at work, all the better. I agree that the rollout of this technology has not been ideal but aside from Katinas trying to make one on his own, most of us have only guessed at what the magic is. I do recall Ryger had an open invitation for track testing on their FB page in the past. Did anyone attend? I'm on the other side of the world but for some of you it would've been a short drive to the kart track. Lucf, it would be nice of you to share some more technical details since the engines are readily for sale now. Giving details "soon" is I guess a relative concept given the infinite expanse of time in the universe but some of us don't expect to live that long.

Bike
    Conti RX356 V3
    ...even though I have a hard proof !!
    of course you do

Bike
    kreidler rs 1976
    Quote Originally Posted by koenich View Post
    of course you do
    Only if Wobbly change his rude words very fast, otherwise no chance !

Bike
    None
    TZ: it just occorred to me, that if you use a deto sensor, adjust it to always deto, the output is then ''combustion". The inverse output is "no combustion". Maybe balloonies, this is from a electronical and theoretical point of view.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Only if Wobbly change his rude words very fast, otherwise no chance !
    Well, there goes your credibility.

You obviously don't know your history very well either. Every new departure from convention has been attacked from the outset. If the concept is viable, it's come through and been accepted.
    On this side of the world, there are documented cases of "new developments" which have simply been money making scams. Europe has not had as many of these so you've had the benefit of the doubt so far.
    I suspect that the goodwill you had from the first announcements is running out quickly.
    Time to show and tell.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Lucf, no disrespect, but are you like nine years old?

Past performance is the best indicator of future behavior. You, whoever you are as you haven't made that slightly clear, it doesnt take a savant to work out you have no intention of showing your 'hard evidence'. Wobbly on the other hand has been extremely open with sharing a wealth of experience.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Conti RX356 V3
    Thats what she said - I honestly hope he doesn't. contrary to your behavior the world doesn't owe you a dime luc...

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post

My approach would be to get the engine running properly on methanol then add Nitro..
    this is what i would do also. start with small percentage and work your way up

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    O no, if some is good, more must be better!

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    The sensible thing to do, but as I already have the premixed rc fuel I'll go the stupid/dangerous route in a tip toing manner from now on.

Neels(thanks for the mail!) told me I should leave the oil out of the equation.

Gasoline 12:1

65% Methanol 5:1
    20% Nitromethane 1:1
    15% Oil

12 / [ (5x0.65) + (1x0.20) ] = 3.48 ~ 3.5

So I must multiply all my jet areas by 3.5

On gasoline:

Main 115 - π x 57.5^2 = 10387
    Pilot 58 - π x 29^2 = 2642

On RC fuel:

Main
    10387 x 3.5 = 36355
    36355 / π = 11572^2
    Square root of 11572 = 108
    108 x 2
    = 216

Pilot

Doing the same calculation
    = 110

I'll drill out the main to 2.5mm, and the pilot to 1.5mm as a starting point.

I've also got the adjustable powerjet cranked up to further enriching the mixture.

I sure won't put it on the roller again before I know all throttle positions are pig rich...

Go?
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Thanks for the tip! Sure about that octane rating?
    No not sure about the exact Octane rating, it was a long time ago. Tried to check the net, found nothing substantive, but from memory I am confident that Acetone has a rating as good as or higher than Methanol.

SeattleSmitty who posted a bit on here about his hydroplane racing experiences with 2T engines on nitro. He said they found there was a nitro limit, maybe only 10-15% from memory before sever heat issues with the expansion chambers. Again not sure about the exact numbers but his posts would be worth a read if you can find them.

Thread Information