Page 1724 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 7241224162416741714172217231724172517261734177418242224 ... LastLast
Results 25,846 to 25,860 of 39408

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Good thinking. But remember that, even with 192° exhaust timing, at low revs the first return pulse will arrive at the cylinder too early.
    You ought to combine it with a trombone pipe.
    Good idea, thanks, a trombone pipe has been a bit of a dream, it may be possible ....

High rpm means diminishing blowdown time.area, so the pressure of the spent, hot gases in the cylinder at the end of the blowdown phase will increase.

If you close the throttle as well, the scavenging pressure is sure to drop below this cylinder pressure, the spent gases will enter the transfer ducts and you'll get detonation like you've never seen before.
    Knowing that lowering the pressure in the pipe at the lower end of the rev range increases power there (Red line). I was thinking of having a rotary pressure bleed valve activated by the same servo as controls the PV. So as the PV closes the exhaust port pressure bleed opens. The pressure bleed valve could be a drum with a slot so the valve area opens/closes quickly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pipe Bleed.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	235.8 KB 
ID:	330531

Pressure bleed, Red open, Blue closed.

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    The fospipe concept works on low bmep engines ?

I have to make an exhaust for a friend who has mounted a husqvarna 360 engine in a chassis of 125 rs aprilia :rayure:

I do not have the original exhaust to have a starting base.
    The original is not suitable for circuit use. Allez terrain motorcycle

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Knowing that lowering the pressure in the pipe at the lower end of the rev range increases power there (Red line). I was thinking of having a rotary pressure bleed valve activated by the same servo as controls the PV. So as the PV closes the exhaust port pressure bleed opens.
    Bleeding the pipe will drop the average pipe pressure but this will hardly speed up the blowdown phase which is already partly sonic. And you cannot speed up a sonic flow by lowering the downstream pressure. Bleeding may work indirectly to some extent as it will weaken the exhaust pulses and therefore the engine power and the mass of exhaust gases.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by philou View Post
    The fospipe concept works on low bmep engines ?
    Yes, you can compensate by entering a low value for the speed of sound; that should get you in the ball park.

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    thank you very much

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    Yes, I think so!
    Thanks for reply.

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    As I have a little bit of a problem visualizing the air flow through cylinder transfers I asked a CFD guy at work to show me his tools and if he at the same time could do a quick flow visualization of the RSW cylinder. With my limited 3D knowledge a made a bottom end (crankcase substitute, not perfect or anything like the original..) to connect to the cylinder and we put the piston at BDC. I asked him to send 0,04 kg/s into the bottom inlet channel to see how it looked like. I hope it is not that far from an air flow that could be seen. Changing the flow between 0,01 to 0,04 kg/s did not change the flow pattern so much, if I remember correctly.

I think we got close to 0,16 bar pressure difference from inlet to outlet at this flow.

Please note that it is a steady state flow right through the cylinder and without the actual very transient situation during operation. I guess it cannot be much more simplified than this. Can it possibly indicate how the flow would look like just before the return pulse stops the flow and pushes back into the cylinder? See pictures attached.

Please note that all pictures represents 0,04 kg/s even if otherwise stated.

Jan Thiels statement that the flow is attached to the bottom of the transfers, is clearly also observed in the simulations!
    Attached is an Article I edited from two articles. the second is a CFD analysis of an Aprilia cylinder that is very interesting.

Lohring Miller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails High Power Two Stroke Design.pdf  

Bike
    Suzuki GT500 1976
    Yes, you can compensate by entering a low value for the speed of sound; that should get you in the ball park.
    Errr, just how low Frits?
    Cheers

Bike
    TZ400
    ATAC in general works much lower down the powerband than a powervalve does, and cannot be gradually reduced in its effect.
    It works very well to reduce the effect of the pipes return pulse being way too early at lower rpm, but this effect kills the power badly as soon
    as the pipe efficiency starts to rise - thus the valve connecting the Helmholtz chamber to the pipe must be switched instantly at a specific rpm.
    In a 125 race engine the ATAC would be off at around 8000 rpm, where as the PV may not be closed fully to within 1000 rpm of peak power.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    r6ypvs hybrid
    Thanks for that Wob,and to Frits for the tip on reducing the speed of sound.

Bike
    1993, suzuki rgv250
    Quote Originally Posted by lohring View Post
    Attached is an Article I edited from two articles. the second is a CFD analysis of an Aprilia cylinder that is very interesting.

Lohring Miller
    Yes, very interesting. Thank you. I understand the importance to have good flowing transfers in combination with the very best flow pattern..

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars
    Quote Originally Posted by DaisyB View Post
    Errr, just how low Frits?
    That's not a serious question, is it Daisy? Because if it was, I would need to know about a hundred things regarding your engine before I could give a more or less accurate estimation.
    Just pick a value between 350 and 550 m/sec, build a pipe, see where the rpm of maximum power is, and if it is not where you want it to be, adapt your picked value accordingly. If your first pipe isn't already in the ball park, your second one should be. It's not that difficult.

Bike
    -
    Attached is an Article I edited from two articles.
    Thanks, looks interesting! Could you please provide links / information on the two original articles, too?

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by Haufen View Post
    Thanks, looks interesting! Could you please provide links / information on the two original articles, too?
    Unfortunately, I lost the links to the articles. A google search didn't find them either. I'll look some more.

Lohring Miller

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Unfortunately, I lost the links to the articles. A google search didn't find them either. I'll look some more.

Lohring Miller
    One part of the article.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aprillia RSW125 Scavenging.pdf 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	330586

Thread Information