Page 1780 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 7801280168017301770177817791780178117821790183018802280 ... LastLast
Results 26,686 to 26,700 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    1974, Guzzi, 750s
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    I once tried the 50cc Bultaco without exhaust pipe.
    Power went down from 17Hp to 2,5 Hp.
    Later I did the same at Aprilia.
    Power loss was only 36HP....
    That... is kinda low without the pipe.

Bike
    89 KX500
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Instead of all this frustrating & “getting us nowhere banter”, why don’t we all just put in, say $20 each, and buy an engine. Then give it to Wobbly to test. When it’s all over, irrespective of the outcome, put it into the Christchurch museum next to the Britten with a placard saying “????????”

I vote Husa as #1 coordinator, seems a trustworthy dude ...maybe a Gofundme page?
    Aside from the published patent information, the Ryger crew can't produce an intelligent, detailed technical paper that explains the merits and function of the product.
    How long would you expect to wait for a running engine?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Oh no lucf, please don't go, we are sorry, how we will cry for forgiveness so you can abuse us some more with sanctimonious posts.

Bet he's just a troll with nothing to do with the project anyway.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wiechman View Post
    Aside from the published patent information, the Ryger crew can't produce an intelligent, detailed technical paper that explains the merits and function of the product.
    How long would you expect to wait for a running engine?
    It smells like an elaborate scam to separate fools from their money.
    A lack of transparency, a reluctance to publish actual names.
    Some apparent track record at a track nobody likes or uses, no technical papers.
    Reminds me of these idiots.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...bjectid=210598

Bike
    1993, suzuki rgv250
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Instead of all this frustrating & “getting us nowhere banter”, why don’t we all just put in, say $20 each, and buy an engine. Then give it to Wobbly to test. When it’s all over, irrespective of the outcome, put it into the Christchurch museum next to the Britten with a placard saying “????????”

I vote Husa as #1 coordinator, seems a trustworthy dude ...maybe a Gofundme page?

I put myself in line for this. I am prepared to contribute with $200. Benchmarking is a good thing!

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    I put myself in line for this. I am prepared to contribute with $200. Benchmarking is a good thing!
    I'm not about to sift through 500 pages, but wasn't this engine supposed to rev over 30,000 rpm in the beginning & now it's under half that?
    Can someone confirm if that is the case, or have I got mixed up there?
    I'd be prepared to bet that one of these engines will be very difficult to source for any contributor to this forum.

Bike
    Bultaco Metralla GT
    I used to be baffled by the way the development of novel designs would often plod along for years, seemingly making little progress and never really making it to market. Often the new design had very little merit anyway, but still they continued on with development.

It never made any sense to me until I had first hand involvement with the (Australian) government R&D assistance scheme. The benefits are very generous, and if you can make a good case that the only practical way to test and develop your idea is in actual real-world usage then you might find yourself being able to claim almost every single cost incurred in the day to day running of your business. Of course, when you have a cash-cow like that you don't want to perfect your project too quickly; the longer you can prolong the program the longer the dollars keep pouring in.

Whether or not this is what's happening with the Ryger I don't know, or even if there are schemes like this in place there. But I have no doubt that the scheme is being scammed by some, and that the sole purpose of some projects is to enable the playing of R&D games. It turns out that the inventors and designers of some of these flaky devices aren't fools at all - they know exactly what they're doing.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    I don't want to keep on ranting about it all, but down here, there was a Kiwi guy (in Australia) who took advantage of that very situation and who made heaps from an outrageous "new engine" even to the extent of setting up a bogus factory and he hoodwinked some very well known people and got them to invest in it.
    He did do a spell in prison though - that was probably 30 years ago.

We have had a few people on here with absolutely, no interest at all on what is actually going on with others on the thread, instead, just their stuff! - me, me, me! and they have slunk off, never to be seen again when people challenged them!

BTW,- I need to stress that I certainly am not saying that Lucf is in any of these categories though!

He does invite controversy however and with his "drip feed" technique (on info) he does have control - whether it is intentional or not I don't know, but ..... many people are still interested in Luc's stuff whether or not this is true and would want to understand it.

I probably won't endear myself to Luc by saying all this (and I'm sure he will read this) but ...... Luc, there are many other people here
    who are still very interested in the Ryger and would like to discuss it, but not at all interested in huffs or tantrums.
    Not a very clever thing to do ie. going off in a huff when you (in effect) invite challenge, then you can't take the heat when they do! - I'd say "harden up" and don't play silly games unless you can handle the result!

Just come back and carry on, get used to Kiwis and Aussies and how they "sling off" at each other, they tend to say what they think at the time but when you get to know them and their ways, they are mostly good guys ......... oh, and then there is Husa!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    1974, Guzzi, 750s
    It seems triple exhaust benefits from contracting the nozzle to 75%, but single only to 90%. Can anyone explain the reason why single would like to run at lower speed? Say in a case where you run the single port in small cc engine and you get the blowdown STA where it needs to be for the revs.

Ours is at 80%, and I'm wondering what to do with it.

Bike
    1974, Guzzi, 750s
    Quote Originally Posted by Pursang View Post
    With a bit more than an academic interest in exhaust duct cooling, I'm very interested in the potential value of a ceramic coated duct.

In my simplistic approach to these things, it looks to me the the only real advantage to extensive water-cooling of the transfer duct is to provide thermal stability.
    Thus enabling "careful tuning" to control the point of detonation.

The Negative to this heavy temperature management is removal of heat/energy from the exhaust pulse and the addition of heat to the charge in the duct.
    Plus the need to dispose of the captured (& wasted) heat/energy.

As it has been determined, polishing the piston face, allows it to reflect, rather than absorb the heat of combustion.

It follows (to me) that polishing the duct and header pipe should produce a similar result.
    Allowing hot exhaust to pass through without depositing heat AND allow cool transfer charge to enter and leave without picking up extra heat (Win-Win?)

Polishing ducts and headers could, perhaps, also be simulated by a process something like this...

It's smooth & shiny, contains silver and is highly heat reflective.
    It is claimed to reduce the external temperature of headers by around 150C. AND that's After heating the steel tube from the inside.
    So the heat reflection is internal at the steel to coating junction. Heat reflection without the physical conduction could/should be much higher(?)

Might be just speculation & wishful thinking......or the next Great Step Forward in 2 stroke technology & performance.

Cheers, Daryl.
    I think Wobbly is going to test it and publish the results. If I understood correctly, the more experienced guys here expect the result of thermal barrier coating in exhaust to be negative, as it is not a perfect insulator but has it's own thermal mass leaving the surface superheated after the exhaust gas has passed. This heat is then passed to the intake charge following the exhaust.

I don't see any reason why polishing the duct and even the piston exhaust side would do any harm. But wouldn't expect all that much in terms of performance either.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    No wonder Luc got angry, he made a fatal mistake, said something he shouldn't have. I am sure the Ryger is unmasked now. Harry will not be happy
    These Ryger clones all won't work because they are missing one thing, the new thing! Well its not new at all it was suggested way way back at the beginning but subsequent red herrings have put us off track ( the 'leaked' patent papers ).
    They need a new PR manager, I hear Shawn Spicer is available now, he couldn't do as bad a job as Rygers present spokesman
    Good one Rumpelstiltskin, thank you.

Bike
    2015 Avanti
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    No wonder Luc got angry, he made a fatal mistake, said something he shouldn't have. I am sure the Ryger is unmasked now. Harry will not be happy
    These Ryger clones all won't work because they are missing one thing, the new thing! Well its not new at all it was suggested way way back at the beginning but subsequent red herrings have put us off track ( the 'leaked' patent papers ).
    They need a new PR manager, I hear Shawn Spicer is available now, he couldn't do as bad a job as Rygers present spokesman
    Good one Luc, thank you.
    Hi Neil, can you show me the info I missed out on?
    Thanks ,
    Neil

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    Hi Neil, can you show me the info I missed out on?
    Thanks ,
    Neil
    You didn't miss out, you know.

Bike
    kreidler rs 1976
    Quote Originally Posted by WilDun View Post
    I don't want to keep on ranting about it all, but down here, there was a Kiwi guy (in Australia) who took advantage of that very situation and who made heaps from an outrageous "new engine" even to the extent of setting up a bogus factory and he hoodwinked some very well known people and got them to invest in it.
    He did do a spell in prison though - that was probably 30 years ago.

We have had a few people on here with absolutely, no interest at all on what is actually going on with others on the thread, instead, just their stuff! - me, me, me! and they have slunk off, never to be seen again when people challenged them!

BTW,- I need to stress that I certainly am not saying that Lucf is in any of these categories though!

He does invite controversy however and with his "drip feed" technique (on info) he does have control - whether it is intentional or not I don't know, but ..... many people are still interested in Luc's stuff whether or not this is true and would want to understand it.

I probably won't endear myself to Luc by saying all this (and I'm sure he will read this) but ...... Luc, there are many other people here
    who are still very interested in the Ryger and would like to discuss it, but not at all interested in huffs or tantrums.
    Not a very clever thing to do ie. going off in a huff when you (in effect) invite challenge, then you can't take the heat when they do! - I'd say "harden up" and don't play silly games unless you can handle the result!

Just come back and carry on, get used to Kiwis and Aussies and how they "sling off" at each other, they tend to say what they think at the time but when you get to know them and their ways, they are mostly good guys ......... oh, and then there is Husa!
    Thanks WilDun,

I think your are the only one who does think that way.
    Everything I wrote here and elsewere including the first part of the Preface Publication, is real and nothing but the truth!
    But no one believes it and the only replies are mud and infringement on privacy.

It is a big shame for all those "experts" including Jan Thiel, Wayne Wright (Wobbly), that they can't imagine were the power comes from. Were are all those intelligent brains?
    Believe me: "within a few years no one can win a race without a Rygerised engine".

And I'm Dutch so not made of stone, and when I say "final" than this it is and will never change.
    Kiwibiker never get any information from me any more !!

The whole situation has been set up by one man, Jan Thiel and everybody walks blindy after him.
    He will blame his name for the future which will be clear after the first race we do. .

You should be really crazy when setting up a whole factory and paying a lot of money for patent,
    as the claims we did were untruth, and also be very stupid for anyone who believe this !!!

Sorry for people like you and only regards to them.
    Luc

Bike
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65 Lario
    Quote Originally Posted by lucf View Post
    Thanks WilDun,

I think your are the only one who does think that way.
    Everything I wrote here and elsewere including the first part of the Preface Publication, is real and nothing but the truth!
    But no one believes it and the only replies are mud and infringement on privacy.

It is a big shame for all those "experts" including Jan Thiel, Wobbly, that they can't imagine were the power comes from. Were are all those intelligent brains?
    Believe me: "within a few years no one can win a race without a Rygerised engine".

And I'm Dutch so not made of stone, and when I say "final" than this it is and will never change.
    Kiwibiker never get any information from me any more !!

Sorry for people like you and only regards to them.
    Luc
    Wow you are delusional, you just don't understand do you? Talking smack all the time with nothing to show for, no wonder people are critical. Even now you keep criticizing the established professionals and calling them by name no less. As if their previous accomplishments mean nothing!

You're crying about the law and infringement of privacy, again something you don't seem to understand. When something is publicly available, you are not infringing on their privacy. The man chose to be a public figure when he filed those patents.

I don't know where in Holland you're from, but where I'm from people can take a hit from their peers and realize they are being a d*ck.

Thread Information