Page 1781 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 7811281168117311771177917801781178217831791183118812281 ... LastLast
Results 26,701 to 26,715 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    It's up to Luc if he wants to play with us, we don't need him but he needs us, the general twostroke public! That's if they want to sell anything. Can you imagine Yamaha going off their face at new, potential customers. Maybe it's a new B&D sales technique.
    Don't completely rubbish Ryger, they may have somthing after all, but what a half arsed way of selling the idea. I can't imagine a worse product release!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by lucf View Post
    Kiwibiker never get any information from me any more !!

Sorry for people like you and only regards to them.
    Luc
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    It's up to Luc if he wants to play with us, we don't need him but he needs us, the general twostroke public! That's if they want to sell anything. Can you imagine Yamaha going off their face at new, potential customers. Maybe it's a new B&D sales technique.
    Don't completely rubbish Ryger, they may have somthing after all, but what a half arsed way of selling the idea. I can't imagine a worse product release!!
    I aggree.

Maybe he should also ask for his account to be deleted also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Hey Lucf, I thought you said it was final and you weren't coming back. And yet here you are. More lies. Or are you just spineless?

Just a troll aren't you?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Quote Originally Posted by lucf View Post
    Kiwibiker never get any information from me any more !!

Luc
    Ha ha, I think he realizes hes already said too much

Bike
    husaberg
    Ha ha, I think he realizes hes already said too much
    Frits said when he posted the patent a while back (that had mr rygers real name in it btw)
    that i doesn't show why it makes power, looking at it its true
    but if you look at this animation of a cross head two stroke you will see an aditional chamber location that potentially gives it a decent size crancase volume to beath from
    Cross head engines are also very efficent as theey don't have the side thrust.
    ignore the text
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1974, Guzzi, 750s
    I'm a bit concerned that the speculation around this topic, admitting having participated, will put the thread off the track it's intended purpose and reduce the participation of the very knowledgable contributors. That would be a great loss.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    It's up to Luc if he wants to play with us, we don't need him but he needs us, the general twostroke public!
    Totally agree, it's up to Luc how he wants to play it, and you are right we don't need him or to be manipulated by Ryger to create a sales buzz.

Hopefully one day Luc will bring something with him and join us at the table where the food is honest and things are shared openly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dinner-Party.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	378.1 KB 
ID:	331910

Bike
    zuma50
    Luc isn't spamming this site. This site isn't an outlet for Ryger sales.

If the Ryger is going to be a winner or a flop, who cares. What we care about is taking engines to the next level.

Either way, we'll learn. That's the bottom line. It would be a shame if Luc stopped posting.

Bike
    1964 Vespa GS
    looks like a rectangular lower portion to the piston is not covered in the patent

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Honestly..

30mm carburetors donīt flow any 70hp at ~15000rpm, noway!
    Especially not when engine isnīt depending on the pipe.

Without showing all calculations i get that a 30mm pipe flows about 162cfm at 28" pressure.
    This is roughly 38hp
    But!
    If an engine can pump higher pressure than 28" you can get more power, turboengines for an example.
    Or, tuned pipe on an twostroke..........

And at 30000rpm friction will be so high that it overcomes engines production of power.
    You should be happy if engines can get out about half the power to incoming axle in gearbox.
    Luc states that it is lower friction as the piston donīt rock in the bore, true.

But still, geometry with 90mm rod to 54mm stroke is really hard, i figure the lower sealant on piston will have to be changed quite often.
    You got a ratio of 1.66 (stroke rod ratio).
    And thatīs good for engines running at about 8000-9000rpm, if running higher you drasticly shortens servicetimes.
    Piston might have a longer life, but lower seal.....

Bike
    1981 Vespa p200
    Came across the is"new" ryger pic....Or at least I've never seen it before

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

http://hooniverse.com/2017/02/21/fal...n-two-strokes/

Bike
    TZ400
    Jannem,the area reduction difference for the 3 port ( or T port ) Vs a single port is due simply to the amount of Blowdown available in relation to
    the total effective Ex port area.
    The 3 port is capable of WAY more BMEP than a single port and all the extra area is above the transfers.
    In the end the ideal velocity in the duct where it flows thru the nozzle is around 0.8 Mach max,higher or lower looses power.
    As Frits says, the relationship should be tied to the actual Blowdown capability, and when I get time ( yea right ) I will look at forming some sort of formula for this.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    variety
    its official ! my welding is terrible and fabrication skills maybe even worse but who cares . rear joints are done and now to just get the chain alignment in the ballpark and do the front joints
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170722_152910.jpeg 
Views:	87 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	331918   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170722_211300.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	273.1 KB 
ID:	331919   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170723_160706.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	414.7 KB 
ID:	331920  

Bike
    Vintage 2T
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannem View Post
    I think Wobbly is going to test it and publish the results. If I understood correctly, the more experienced guys here expect the result of thermal barrier coating in exhaust to be negative, as it is not a perfect insulator but has it's own thermal mass leaving the surface superheated after the exhaust gas has passed. This heat is then passed to the intake charge following the exhaust.

I don't see any reason why polishing the duct and even the piston exhaust side would do any harm. But wouldn't expect all that much in terms of performance either.
    Think about how a vacuum flask works. There are 3 heat transfer processes, unless you manage all of them, together, at once, your coffee gets cold.

cheers, Daryl.

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    As Frits says, the relationship should be tied to the actual Blowdown capability, and when I get time ( yea right ) I will look at forming some sort of formula for this.
    i think it was jan that once said blowdown can be improved without enlarging the window but rather by making the passage geometry better. i suppose the rsa windows were as large as they could be and and he found some way to improve more with a change in the passages. alot of people (on other sites) only look at how big they can enlarge the window with little regard to the other small details

Thread Information