Page 1856 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 8561356175618061846185418551856185718581866190619562356 ... LastLast
Results 27,826 to 27,840 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels Abildgaard View Post
    3Kg will be possible.Close at least

And spare parts list

http://www.dle-engines.com/dleg0060.html

I will try and sketch a V-2 crankshaft plus bearing system using these parts.I have quite some already and they are cheap.
    Are there any classes for racing where a twincylinder two stroke is wellcome?
    Hi Niels. Unfortunatelly all chinese cheap stuff made of "plasticine". They use aluminum alloys with big% of scrap and Zn.
    I have in my workshop 9 CNC machines (mills up to 5-axes, EDM, lathe-turning) and can produce something better. My engines MUST survive 300 hours on 75% throttle...
    So I have to use DLC coatings on piston rings, add silver and vanadium to standard aluminum alloys...

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Attachment 333507

These are the ugly NSR heads with the offset plug that nobody seems to want. But they could be answer to my problem of how to get access to the combustion chamber to measure the combustion pressure so the EFI system knows if the motor has fired or not.

By a happy coincidence the pressure sensor neatly screws into the plug hole and the center of the combustion chamber has a cast in supported between it and the outside shell. It maybe enough to fit a 10mm central plug in. Two birds with one stone, pressure sensor and central spark plug.

Now to find another of these heads so I can cut it in half to see how much meat there is between the combustion chamber and outer head shell, enough for a 10mm plug I hope.....
    Rob there is pics of John Tice cutting one open on the thread i posted a few pages ago, when he converted Brens to center plug.
    Don't ask what page
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    John Tice here and here here shows how to make the paterns for cast sleves, i believe he used to supply them for a few manufacturers.
    okay this one

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/...he-Shop/page46

http://forums.everything2stroke.com/...he-Shop/page45
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

Great, thanks Husa.

Bike
    none
    Attachment 333507These are the ugly NSR heads with the offset plug that nobody seems to want. But they could be answer to my problem of how to get access to the combustion chamber to measure the combustion pressure so the EFI system knows if the motor has fired or not. By a happy coincidence the pressure sensor neatly screws into the plug hole...
    That must be the fattest pressure sensor I have ever seen. Why so big?

Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post
    My engines MUST survive 300 hours on 75% throttle... So I have to use DLC coatings on piston rings...
    I have been talking to DLC-suppliers about the suitability of DLC-coating on piston rings for a couple of years, and each time they tell me that the maximum safe temperature for DLC has gone up a bit, but that it still is not enough for use on piston rings.
    What exactly have you got coated Valery? The top and bottom faces of the rings or their circumference? And how is it holding up?

Bike
    rd 350
    Kistler have a special sensor for measurement (and they have very good torque flange)

I have a one, but only for inlet pressure.

https://www.kistler.com/en/applicati...ssure-testing/

Very accurate, very fast, very small and very costly.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post

I have been talking to DLC-suppliers about the suitability of DLC-coating on piston rings for a couple of years, and each time they tell me that the maximum safe temperature for DLC has gone up a bit, but that it still is not enough for use on piston rings.
    What exactly have you got coated Valery? The top and bottom faces of the rings or their circumference? And how is it holding up?
    Hi Fritz
    One local company made new composite molibdenum-DLC coating for free for us, circumference of 20 rings clamped together per time. Rings works with our in-house nikasil better than anything I tried before, but when I tried to order now price become irrational.
    So now I want just buy 50, 54, 60 and 66mm rings which are good for nikasil.

Other question. In ex-soviet union produced some cast-irons with big % of Cr, Mo, Ni. They had hardness ~600Hb.
    I know chemical compositions but cannot find foreighn analogs. The typical cast itons used for liners had ~350Hb.
    Does anyone know best possible cast irons grades or steels which have hardness 600+ and were tested for racing applications?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    I am not sure why they are made that way. They look big on a 125 head but they seem pretty normal when they are fitted to the big high pressure natural gas compressors we have been involved with. There were a few left over at work. Different pressures from the different compressor stages, 60 - 125 - 315 and 400 bar, so a few different pressure ranges to chose from.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meat for 10mm Plug.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	799.6 KB 
ID:	333508

Anyway we now know that there is not enough meat between the top of the combustion chamber and cylinder head cover to drill and tap for a 10mm spark plug. But there is for say a 2mm dia hole and if I weld a good bung on top of the head we could put the pressure sensor there. Leaves me with the ugly side plug but still good enough to prove the idea of measuring the combustion pressure for the EFI system.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I have some 8mm, 9 heat range plugs if you want to try one.

Bike
    GSXR600
    I am not sure why they are made that way. They look big on a 125 head but they seem pretty normal when they are fitted to the big high pressure natural gas compressors we have been involved with. There were a few left over at work. Different pressures from the different compressor stages, 60 - 125 - 315 and 400 bar, so a few different pressure ranges to chose from.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meat for 10mm Plug.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	799.6 KB 
ID:	333508

Anyway we now know that there is not enough meat between the top of the combustion chamber and cylinder head cover to drill and tap for a 10mm spark plug. But there is for say a 2mm dia hole and if I weld a good bung on top of the head we could put the pressure sensor there. Leaves me with the ugly side plug but still good enough to prove the idea of measuring the combustion pressure for the EFI system.
    We've been using cylinder pressure sensors (way smaller than in your pic) since 1993 and selling full combustion pressure analysis systems for racing engines since 2001. Let me know what you are looking for and I will see if we have anything used. If we have anything used that'd be as cheap as you are going to get anything that is viable (actually built for what you are doing).

I gather you don't need any sort of full analysis system for the combustion pressure, nor high speed port/pipe pressure waves, transfer pressures etc., you were just looking to see the pressures at +/- locations around to TDC ?

Bike
    Hi Nitro2tfx. yes very interested in what you might have for measuring combustion pressure. Basically just need to be able to differentiate between a compression only event and a true combustion event. 12V supply voltage and for the Arduino mini PLC a 0-5V analog output would be the most useful but 0/4-20mA is easily converted by measure the voltage across a resistor on the output side I guess. PM with contact details has been sent. Thanks.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    I have some 8mm, 9 heat range plugs if you want to try one.
    Thanks, but the support cast into the head is probably even to marginal for them.

My thinking about EFI has moved along a bit. We all know that direct cylinder injection after the exhaust port has closed is clean but a pretty limited rpm and performance option.

But maybe direct injection for low speed when there is a lot of time and off throttle operation when there is not much fuel demand and we want to avoid fuel being blown back out of the inlet or lost down the pipe.

By combining direct with "B" port injection for the high fuel demand on the pipe and full throttle maximum power situations where the motors trapping efficiency is highest might give the best of both worlds.

Combining the two approaches might give a real high performance and powerful motor that is also very clean.

Bike
    rd 350
    You can easy buy 8mm spark plug:
    ngk Er9eh or er10eh

Bike

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by speedboy View Post
    You can easy buy 8mm spark plug:
    ngk Er9eh or er10eh
    Good to know, will have a look to see what there is on Ebay.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrue View Post
    Hoping someone may be able to help. I once saw a video maybe from this thread or maybe on YouTube where these guys were racing boats with like a half of an exhaust pipe. They had the big diverging part but thats it, no rear cone. Really loud. It was some sort of race series and I think it was the rule that the exhaust had to be like that, maybe in Indonesia or somewhere like that. The boats raced down a small river I think. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Link? I tried searching Google but must not be putting in the right keywords.
    Next time try being a bit more vague.....

Thread Information