Page 1898 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 8981398179818481888189618971898189919001908194819982398 ... LastLast
Results 28,456 to 28,470 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    I tested to do a little different variants to the exhaust side but was questioning if the risk of film boiling was too big? is that something you have experience with?
    I donīt think it will boil as you run water quite low in temp if running on petrol, say 40-50 degree celcius maximum.
    If having good circulation it will let eventual steam rise upwards and into radiator.
    But, if you pressurise the coolingsystem with ~1bar you raise the boiling point to about 120-125c

With that said, boiling isnīt dangerous, itīs the shockwaves steam produces.

in other words, no problems

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    I donīt think it will boil as you run water quite low in temp if running on petrol, say 40-50 degree celcius maximum.
    If having good circulation it will let eventual steam rise upwards and into radiator.
    But, if you pressurise the coolingsystem with ~1bar you raise the boiling point to about 120-125c

With that said, boiling isnīt dangerous, itīs the shockwaves steam produces.

in other words, no problems
    I'm sorry but I think we're talking about different things I'm talking about film boiling the stage after nucleate boiling

Bike
    ducati
    Muhr, are you drawing this cylinder in Fusion 360? It looks like it from the pictures. I use Fusion 360 and have been trying to figure out how one goes about drawing a cylinder with all the passages the way you want them in that program. I'm not proficient (obviously) in CAD drawing, but its neat to see what you have done.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    I'm sorry but I think we're talking about different things I'm talking about film boiling the stage after nucleate boiling
    You lost me...

Bike
    No..
    I googled it.
    It was just that i was writing about.
    If you have this concern, how does car manufacturers solve this problen in the heads with far more heat in exhaust than a twostroke?

Think about it for a while

Bike
    89 KX500
    If you have this concern, how does car manufacturers solve this problen in the heads with far more heat in exhaust than a twostroke?
    The modern trend is narrow coolant passages that promote high coolant velocity.

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    Quote Originally Posted by shnaggs View Post
    I use Fusion 360 and have been trying to figure out how one goes about drawing a cylinder with all the passages the way you want them in that program.
    I've not used Fusion 360 (I have Rhino and Alibre) but you might try modeling each passage individually then doing a Boolean subtraction from a large solid with each one. Remember to look for axes of symmetry that will let you draw a feature and then mirror it across the axis, reducing the amount you have to create.

cheers,
    Michael

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Wiechman View Post
    The modern trend is narrow coolant passages that promote high coolant velocity.
    And to get engine up to work temp as fast as possible to minimize pollution.

Bike
    Yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Well that didn't work very well, only the most determined spikes got through. Maybe try again and amplify the original signal before running it through a bridge with the amp clipping the bigger signals to a max of 5 Volts for the Aduino digital input.

A small data logger, great idea. We use 4-20's at work, I will have to see if I can find a Voltage logger. Probable not ready for it yet as I don't have a decent signal, but it certainly makes sense. The loggers we use, typically multi channel and certified and run $2000+ so some pointers where to source something more affordable would be great.
    Hi these might be interesting to keep an eye on. https://www.pokitmeter.com/
    Especially if you are mobile

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel62 View Post
    Hi these might be interesting to keep an eye on. https://www.pokitmeter.com/
    Thanks, they look great.

Bike
    Yamaha
    Thanks, they look great.
    I have one ordered. Will let you know cheers

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Bike
    ducati
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moore View Post
    I've not used Fusion 360 (I have Rhino and Alibre) but you might try modeling each passage individually then doing a Boolean subtraction from a large solid with each one. Remember to look for axes of symmetry that will let you draw a feature and then mirror it across the axis, reducing the amount you have to create.

cheers,
    Michael

Thanks Michael,

I am pretty much a noob with this stuff, so bare with me. How would one go about actually modelling, say the A port of the RSA? I can do pretty easy stuff like, draw a shape as an entry to the port and then the same for the exit, and then create a loft to follow a spline curve, but that doesn't give me enough detail. would you just draw the cross section of the port ever few mm lets say, and then just loft that?

Thanks

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    And to get engine up to work temp as fast as possible to minimize pollution.
    To reduce the boundary layers to minimum. Water flow will shear through the middle path of least resistance. Drag as much away from the hot bit means less boundary insulation.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Well that didn't work very well, only the most determined spikes got through. Maybe try again and amplify the original signal before running it through a bridge with the amp clipping the bigger signals to a max of 5 Volts for the Aduino digital input.

A small data logger, great idea. We use 4-20's at work, I will have to see if I can find a Voltage logger. Probable not ready for it yet as I don't have a decent signal, but it certainly makes sense. The loggers we use, typically multi channel and certified and run $2000+ so some pointers where to source something more affordable would be great.
    Give me a call on Monday afternoon Rob.
    I’ll have a chat to our chief electronics engineer. We were playing with similar tech a few years (geophones); and constructed a cool amp system and high sampling rate data logger (there is likely to be some of the original dev boards in the workshop). From what you have descriped so far, I think these could be easily modded to suit you needs.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets

Thread Information