Page 1917 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 9171417181718671907191519161917191819191927196720172417 ... LastLast
Results 28,741 to 28,755 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    I dont understand at all what you are saying peewee,here we have been given a STA printout of a 50cc engine that i assume has been
    measured or modified to the specs that show a huge transfer time area, with a Blowdown number not even remotely matched.
    What has this got to do with engines you may or may not have seen with stud issues etc.
    All I am saying is that with ports so badly mismatched, any result from moving the Exhaust floor,will be masked really badly by the other issue.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    yzf 250
    with ports so badly mismatched !!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tranf.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	335416  

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Here are the STA numbers for a RSA/W 125 cylinder.
    Note that these are the actual port numbers,and do not reflect that the Ex has a huge radius on the timing edge.
    Thus in reality the actual Cd of the Ex would reflect that of the transfers,making both capable of the same power. Jan stated that any change in timing of the transfers ( up or down )
    would loose power - showing that any increase in Blowdown by reducing the transfers /or visa versa upset the delicate flow balance.
    Note also Jan stated that lifting the Ex port floor and reducing the duct volume only worked once the Blowdown had been optimized for best power.
    Thank you very much

And with rised Ex floor, there is little more space for additional cooling under floor and cylinder wall.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So finally swapping my Zeel for an Ignitech. So far so easy.

Running std flywheel stator. 1 pickup 2 lobes.
    std dual output coil setup. I've wired both CDI outputs to it.

Seems to like,
    Standard setting 2 lobes 1or2 pickup setting.
    question: does this fire both CDI?

Also RPM test only seems to go to 2000rpm on tacho despite setting.

Cheers.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    honda ns 400
    This is a favorite hobby horse of Ken Seeber and mine.........
    Before leaving MotoGP four stroke world , Mr. Furusawa said, that now he will have more time to develope his Yamaha RZ 250 engine cooling pocess !!! Never ending process.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by katinas View Post
    Before leaving MotoGP four stroke world , Mr. Furusawa said, that now he will have more time to develope his Yamaha RZ 250 engine cooling pocess !!! Never ending process.
    It's a sad buy true story that all TZ's right up to the reverse cylinder ran their water in entirely the wrong direction prior to 1988. The cooler water from the rad actually enterered the head and was pushed down. Thus Ensuring the crankcases recieved the hottest water. exactly the opposite of what should happen.
    No doubt the rest of the yamaha road bikes suffered the same fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Moped
    Here are the STA numbers for a RSA/W 125 cylinder.
    Note that these are the actual port numbers,and do not reflect that the Ex has a huge radius on the timing edge.
    Thus in reality the actual Cd of the Ex would reflect that of the transfers,making both capable of the same power. Jan stated that any change in timing of the transfers ( up or down )
    would loose power - showing that any increase in Blowdown by reducing the transfers /or visa versa upset the delicate flow balance.
    Note also Jan stated that lifting the Ex port floor and reducing the duct volume only worked once the Blowdown had been optimized for best power.
    Thanks

great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    usually its just the opposite with the engines ive seen. the transfer sta is far to short with little chance of making any improvements without a welding machine and 10lb of filler rod. mainly from terrible stud spacing is to blame I think. the late model ktm dirtbike engines seem to be pretty good however
    Maybe you usually work with bigger cc?

Quote Originally Posted by dutchpower View Post
    Why lifting the exh. port floor on 50 cc give less power Wobbly
    Is it something you are building?
    I will follow this with great interest in such a case.
    What I do is more conservative.

Name:	volym.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	336.6 KB 
ID:	335418  

Bike
    TZ400
    F5, yes with the standard setting of 2 lobes,1 or 2 pickups,the default is 2 ignitions per revolution,so as each lobe passes the single trigger
    a spark event occurs in both cdi.
    Personally I would dump the double ended coil and go with two RS250,RGCV250 coils.

Dutchpower - the Transfer STA being so huge ( as they are very wide obviously ) in comparison to the Blowdown STA, means that if the Delivery Ratio is sufficient to
    actually flow enough air to make 38.9Hp via the transfers,then you will get the classic scenario of a huge residual combustion pressure at TPO.
    The nowhere near sufficient Blowdown will create a large reverse flow down the A transfer ducts, as they open first, creating havoc with the scavenging regime.
    So I believe that when you have a fatally flawed scavenging setup like that, lifting the Ex duct floor for sure wont be able to increase power.
    The perfect example was shown by Jan when developing the Aprilia, that lifting the duct floor only made power once the Blowdown was optimally matched to the Transfer STA.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Thank Wob. Yeah on lookout for RGV coils but run what I've got for now.
    Any thoughts on the low test tachometer? Yet to start it to see what it does running. I did a mod on the early R1 dash to suit the Zeel. May reverse it.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1974, Guzzi, 750s
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Makes me wonder why Aprilia went with the intake side offset cylinder head for ditech, as it's already proven not to be that great. To get the plug to the hot side?

One of the ideas I've pondered experimenting with, is to offset the chamber to the exhaust side. That approach is proven to work very well in 4-strokes allowing a lot more compression and reduced ignition lead, but can't say what to anticipate in 2-stroke. Should at least improve the piston cooling and charge vaporization somewhat. Easy to try though.

Bike
    TZ400
    The issue with any offset to a chamber in a 2T is that no matter what, you end up with the MSV off the scale on the wide squish side, and no MSV on the other.
    This was a huge issue in the old TZ250G model, that would detonate as soon as the jetting was even close.

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannem View Post
    One of the ideas I've pondered experimenting with, is to offset the chamber to the exhaust side. That approach is proven to work very well in 4-strokes allowing a lot more compression and reduced ignition lead, but can't say what to anticipate in 2-stroke. Should at least improve the piston cooling and charge vaporization somewhat. Easy to try though.
    I can confirm your statement for an industrial engine with no proper utilization of the squish effect. As soon as there is some charge motion by SV, it was superior to have the chamber in the middle as already written by wobbly (and to have a MSV as high as possible).

Bike
    yzf 250
    Dutchpower - the Transfer STA being so huge ( as they are very wide obviously ) in comparison to the Blowdown STA, means that if the Delivery Ratio is sufficient to
    actually flow enough air to make 38.9Hp via the transfers,then you will get the classic scenario of a huge residual combustion pressure at TPO.
    The nowhere near sufficient Blowdown will create a large reverse flow down the A transfer ducts, as they open first, creating havoc with the scavenging regime.
    So I believe that when you have a fatally flawed scavenging setup like that, lifting the Ex duct floor for sure wont be able to increase power.
    The perfect example was shown by Jan when developing the Aprilia, that lifting the duct floor only made power once the Blowdown was optimally matched to the Transfer STA.

Thanks Wobble

I made transfer time area as big as possible ( Jan Always say every square mm counts )

Name:	floor 1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	335488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floor2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	335489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	floor3.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	335490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new exh floor.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	335491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dpr 50 floor.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	335492  

Bike
    TZ400
    Again in this case the Blowdown is still a mismatch with the Transfer STA.
    This would be OK if the duct geometry is compromised, and then its normal to increase the Transfer area to help with the
    bad effect the ducts have on flow capability.
    What scavenging regime are you inputting with these huge transfers, and why is the Blowdown still limited ?

Bike
    yzf 250
    Again in this case the Blowdown is still a mismatch with the Transfer STA.

Can you explain this more

Thanks Wobbly

Thread Information