Page 1950 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 9501450185019001940194819491950195119521960200020502450 ... LastLast
Results 29,236 to 29,250 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TZ400
    Just to clarify the theory.
    4th order bandpass bass box theory has nothing to do with intake resonance.
    In speaker terminology 4th order refers to the number of reactive elements in the system that produce a very high rate of slope ( amplitude reduction ) each side of a chosen frequency.
    But in an intake system when we are talking about the harmonic " order " this is the fundamental frequency of the intake ( dictated by rpm/60=Hz ) divided by the number of times
    the active wave traverses the tuned length.
    Anything over the 3rd harmonic has so little energy it is pretty much useless, but the correct tuned length for lower orders ( although higher in amplitude ) usually make the intake way too long to actually fit on an engine.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    have got a Samarin laying on a shelf)
    i tried email to that guy and nobody responded. i cant call because i dont know if they understand english. eventually i just had to buy prox rods

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    i tried email to that guy and nobody responded. i cant call because i dont know if they understand english. eventually i just had to buy prox rods
    Similar experience here. Don't know how they do business.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Similar experience here. Don't know how they do business.
    Source them out of Roffe.
    http://www.pvlsverige.se/vrm/index/indexeng.html

or Emot
    http://www.emot.nl/
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1988 cagiva freccia
    Blog Entries
    Pictures of crankcase with vforce3 85 Cr ?

Samarin is very good product, unfortunately very difficult to get even for professional

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Just to clarify the theory.
    4th order bandpass bass box theory has nothing to do with intake resonance.
    In speaker terminology 4th order refers to the number of reactive elements in the system that produce a very high rate of slope ( amplitude reduction ) each side of a chosen frequency.
    But in an intake system when we are talking about the harmonic " order " this is the fundamental frequency of the intake ( dictated by rpm/60=Hz ) divided by the number of times
    the active wave traverses the tuned length.
    Anything over the 3rd harmonic has so little energy it is pretty much useless, but the correct tuned length for lower orders ( although higher in amplitude ) usually make the intake way too long to actually fit on an engine.
    My statement was just a hint to activate the brain and think outside the box.
    Air is a spring wherever it is, so yes they have something in common

Bike
    You mean you mailed samarin?

Yes they don´t answer mails

One has to buy from a reseller.

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    You mean you mailed samarin?

Yes they don´t answer mails

One has to buy from a reseller.
    Why not send your request to emot ? I am sure you will get a swift answer.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1962 View Post
    Why not send your request to emot ? I am sure you will get a swift answer.
    I have no problems getting the rods i need.
    Either through VRM.se or an another reseller
    You must have misunderstood me?

We already have a replacement rod in storage, the topnotch model from samarin.

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Tree days testings on the road with isolated transfers ducts and standard type NS engine.
    Tested same cylinder, just with and without separation parts for comparison ( 30 min between changing)

0 - 4000 rpm - same power.

4000 - 8000 rpm - "isolated" more noisy (from carb) less power.

From 8000 rpm pipe is on and power goes up in similar way with both type until 11000 rpm , but from this point similarities ended. Std engine power gradually goes down to 13000 rpm.

"Isolated" revs with power until 12500 rpm and then suddenly goes down to 13000 rpm. Never felt before, such a wide power band from this NS cylinder with such moderate Ex/Trans/Reed area.

Tested just in 1-2-3 gears, so more clear would be after race track testing in all gears. But first riding was very interesting, really did not expect.

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by katinas View Post
    Tree days testings on the road with isolated transfers ducts and standard type NS engine.
    Tested same cylinder, just with and without separation parts for comparison ( 30 min between changing)

0 - 4000 rpm - same power.

4000 - 8000 rpm - "isolated" more noisy (from carb) less power.

From 8000 rpm pipe is on and power goes up in similar way with both type until 11000 rpm , but from this point similarities ended. Std engine power gradually goes down to 13000 rpm.

"Isolated" revs with power until 12500 rpm and then suddenly goes down to 13000 rpm. Never felt before, such a wide power band from this NS cylinder with such moderate Ex/Trans/Reed area.

Tested just in 1-2-3 gears, so more clear would be after race track testing in all gears. But first riding was very interesting, really did not expect.
    The first thing that come to my mind is less blow back because of higher drag on the top, in the isolatet version. What would happen if you gave it a little more blow down. And less power on midrange due to drag.
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    Aprilia RS250 and Aprilia RS50->125cc
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post

never before has pissing in the wind seemed to have such great results

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    The first thing that come to my mind is less blow back because of higher drag on the top, in the isolatet version. What would happen if you gave it a little more blow down. And less power on midrange due to drag.
    Maybe, I need to try rounded piston edge and then little more blow down. This cylinder and piston is for testings, so I don't much worry about mistakes.
    With isolated version, from 11000 to 12500 rpm its like the power not much rising, but more like extension in rpm range. And maybe, little cooler mix help.

Isolated version, like conventional, depends on pipe. Tried four different pipes and engine reacts like std. just longer power extension.
    One pipe made from old NS exhaust with 40mm stinger and R6 muffler - on the road it revs to 13000 rpm, but just with half of previous power ( add winter static test with this pipe- for fun https://youtu.be/RlQ83PNcsg0 )

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by mattology View Post
    never before has pissing in the wind seemed to have such great results
    It would appear to be pissing INTO the wind - which most of us learn not to do at an early age....

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    35.2hp dyno run.

It is an Minarelli AM6 engine with a 'Roost Havoc 98' cylinder.
    Bore stroke is 52/46mm

Keihin carb copy, 34mm
    Vforce 3
    Homebuilt pipe.
    E85 fuel(at this time, will be methanol later on)

Minarelli, Aprilia AM6 and Scooter aftermarket cylinders are not very common here in New Zealand so I don't know much about them.

I would love to know more about the Roost Havoc cylinder, its exhaust and transfer timings and the pipe that you used.

If I knew what to look for I guess it would be pretty easy to buy a cylinder or two and pipe over the net. I would love to try one on my rotary valve engine.

And if anyone knew of a current performance 50cc cylinder kit and pipe I would love to hear about those too.

Thread Information