Page 1986 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 9861486188619361976198419851986198719881996203620862486 ... LastLast
Results 29,776 to 29,790 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Husa has found some interesting info on swing arm swaps, may be useful for that next Bucket build.
    husas still looking for a set of TZR2501KT forks or FZR1000 forks and a DT1 swingarm. anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    It just occurred to me that TZ350 is having problems with air flow off pipe and looking at ways of measuring it so he can determine the quantity of fuel to inject. Is it possible to use a Mass Airflow Sensor(MAS) such as has been used in various motor vehicle engine management systems. The MAS output could be utilized only at a certain combination of throttle and revs.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpro View Post
    It just occurred to me that TZ350 is having problems with air flow off pipe and looking at ways of measuring it so he can determine the quantity of fuel to inject. Is it possible to use a Mass Airflow Sensor(MAS) such as has been used in various motor vehicle engine management systems. The MAS output could be utilized only at a certain combination of throttle and revs.
    There are plenty of diesel's that measure exhaust pressure and cars that seem do it for emission's stuff and some turbos use direct exhaust pressure measurement as well how do they translate the information?
    that's a question as I have no idea.

I had a silly idea of just using the violtage signal to trigger a led array like a led tacho or voltage set then just using the appropriate trigger voltage where on over run or off the pipe where you want to switch off or down the fueling just to optically detect the appropriate level from the appropriate led . dirty yes
    http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article...splay&A=110623
    http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article...Monitor&A=1369

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7859475/
    http://kth.diva-portal.org/smash/get...816/FULLTEXT01
    https://www.ms-motorservice.com/en/t...hicle-signals/

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Suter have posted a video on their facebook page of Ian Lougher coming back from practice. I'm a bit deaf and was listening on crappy earphones plugged into a crappy netbook but he seems to be describing fuelling problems...

Bike
    Aprilia rs 125 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by RomeuPT View Post
    Hello.

I wonder if there are new insight's of the new reed setups used in the TM compared to Vforce's....

Any better news about the ryger?

Thanks
    Hello Romeu then yes I have already tried the vf double strength but I have never had more power, stake and flow diverter that and very important as Wobbly said in the previous post it greatly influences the input flow as I can see by having purchased the modena with the VFlow a significant power loss compared to the original box... As for the ryger I have no information on this engine legend and I think nobody has news about it

Bike
    TZ400
    I have posted several comments on Suter pages, where all they show is full throttle dyno runs - deathly silence every time.
    My spies at the TT, say the thing sounds horrible on part throttle, just like last year.
    And Lougher was saying that when he backed off into a corner, it took several seconds to actually " slow down ".
    Man, I hope these guys get on top of it,they have had 12 months to test it to death, but all we see is wank pointless full throttle videos.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Why aren't Suter injecting at the transfer port?

Bike
    98 Honda NS1, others...
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The reed setup in a KZ engine is a bit of a special case in that the rpm power range is from 9800 to 14800.
    With peak power at about 13500.
    This makes getting the petal 1st order resonance very critical, too soft and you loose control and top end, too stiff and power drops everywhere.
    The stuffer has just as much effect as the petals,and I have spent plenty on 3D printed inserts with splitters and wings of every conceivable shape to
    try and get the impossible - better mid AND top end overev.
    Thanks Wobbly!

Should yet I give more crankcase sideways clearance for a VF2 reed cage, this relating to page 1844?

Bike
    2002 Yamaha YZ250WR
    Quote Originally Posted by guyhockley View Post
    Suter have posted a video on their facebook page of Ian Lougher coming back from practice. I'm a bit deaf and was listening on crappy earphones plugged into a crappy netbook but he seems to be describing fuelling problems...
    If I were Suter, I'd have the main throttles electronically controlled, but always open to 10% (or the lowest the engine can sustain without misfire), then have individual butterflies on each cylinder that snap open as the throttle opens. Say at 2%, 4%, 6% and 8% throttle. Once all cylinders are lit the main throttles open. Easier than trying to control the engine near the misfire limit, have each cylinder either constantly firing or not.

The problem with airflow measurement is the delay. You need to wait for the engine to start pulling the air before you can measure it, then do the ECU calculation routine, then it takes 1ms to open or close the injector. By the time you can make a change to the fuel quantity delivered, the air has already entered the crankcase and the cylinder so you've missed the boat. TPI helps but ideally you want some airflow prediction, be it cylinder pressure, exhaust pulse pressure, pressure as transfer ports open (KTM uses this). Carbs work well because they work in real time, the only delay is the inertia of the fuel in the passages.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    I have posted several comments on Suter pages, where all they show is full throttle dyno runs - deathly silence every time.
    It is real easy to get perfect full throttle performance with 2T EFI.

Drivability is the real issue. I dont know of anyone who has managed that on a small cylinder capacity high performance 2T road race engine.

I am working hard on it and hope to be the first.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath88 View Post
    The problem with airflow measurement is the delay. You need to wait for the engine to start pulling the air before you can measure it, then do the ECU calculation routine, then it takes 1ms to open or close the injector. By the time you can make a change to the fuel quantity delivered, the air has already entered the crankcase and the cylinder so you've missed the boat. TPI helps but ideally you want some airflow prediction, be it cylinder pressure, exhaust pulse pressure, pressure as transfer ports open (KTM uses this). Carbs work well because they work in real time, the only delay is the inertia of the fuel in the passages.
    Hi Nath88
    Most of ECU math work a bit different. It calculates how much fuel must be sprayed for given throtle position, acceleration of throttle opening angle (you can regulate vehicle acceleration). With geared dent wheel it analyze crankshaft accelerations during each turn and spray with corrections according numerous sensors (themperature, pressure, etc.) for the next crankrotation.
    "Carburetors is a always a bit magic". Lets magic go to a hell.
    Using practically any EFI you will at least 5% more power on a max rpm (we observe 9% with our low BMEP engines) and at least 25% fuel saving.

Finally I hate carbs, all this Mikuni, Keihin, Dellorto, Walbro ... Small carburetor cannot be as good as their big brothers using on cars.
    Few days ago we installed engine with 32mm Mikuni on test dyno with hydro brake. Some setting were wrong and before we realyze the engine crankshaft was ruined. Woodroof destroyed and crank was bent. Can make and sent photos.
    Afterwards we install EFI on the same engine, complete initial settings in few minutes and finally tune fuel maps in 30 minutes...

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Apparently they don't want to be seen to be copying KTM.....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath88 View Post
    ..... pressure as transfer ports open (KTM uses this)
    KTM measures what pressure, where?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Apparently they don't want to be seen to be copying KTM.....
    They could try copying Flettner, after all he was doing "B" transfer port injection against the air stream before KTM. Flettner even clued KTM onto the concept but KTM turned him down saying they were going to do something more sophisticated, well that didn't go well and then they went with Flettners suggestion. LOL.

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Ariel Arrow had knife rods in the 50's
    Herman Meiier introduced them on the racer and they were used on the production bikes as they were cheaper to make.
    He got the idea for them from DKW on their racer 3 cylinder same as the lab seals with piston rings.
    Attachment 337039
    Alpha cranks also had them. tuning for speed gives diagrams of converting std rods to that shape.
    Although not hollow like the JBB ones
    Falcon cranked make what they call knife rods to reduce windage
    Attachment 337035
    http://www.faliconcranks.com/1pc.html
    http://www.faliconcranks.com/2pc.html
    pretty sure they don't do two stroke ones though.

here are some ariel twin rods for those not familiar with them.
    Attachment 337038Attachment 337037Attachment 337036Attachment 337034
    As the two stroke doesn't have the cyclic variation that a four stroke does I don't think rod strength is a pressing two stroke issue.
    ktm used knife conrods on alot of engines during 70s and 80s https://m.ebay.com/itm/1988-KTM-250-...cAAOxy0bRS~-z5

Thread Information