Page 1995 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 9951495189519451985199319941995199619972005204520952495 ... LastLast
Results 29,911 to 29,925 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The dry climate is probably the biggest factor in preventing corrosion.
    The worst customer carbs I ever had were those used on the West Coast of the South Island of NZ - Husaberg's home territory.
    They'd regularly come back to me white with corrosion inside and out.

The 18 metres of annual rainfall may have had something to do with that.....wait for husa's response, LOL.
    I agree with the corrosion, When i was working in CHCH i could always tell just by looking at a trade in if it was from the West Coast or Canterbury.
    But over here its not really true thats its totally the rainfall though, I would suggest its the hot sub tropical climate, plus because the salt laden zone extends 10km inland.
    You need to consider how little corrosion occurs in cold climates.

Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    TeeZee, I just think you need 3 more cylinders:
    Me too ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSR110 Clyinder.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	489.0 KB 
ID:	337253

The Beast had run out of water but the cylinder had survived unscathed. Tough Basted.

Name:	NSR110 Head.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	801.4 KB 
ID:	337252

The head is dirty but basically unmarked.

Name:	NSR110 Inlet Shrapenal.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	509.2 KB 
ID:	337251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSR110 Blown BigEnd.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	731.2 KB 
ID:	337254

Turns out it had run a big end bearing. Now the question is, is there limited oiling from Port injection EFI or was it the water?

Not so expensive to repair, but much more work. Glad its only a single cylinder.

Bike
    "Turns out it had run a big end bearing. Now the question is, is there limited oiling from Port injection EFI or was it the water?"

Are you using premix or using a separate pump feed?
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    Are you using premix or using a separate pump feed?
    Pre mix, 20:1

I will be seriously looking at a small 12V peristaltic pump for an additional oil feed to the inlet.

But because I have to disassemble the motor I could also look at an oil feed to the main brg and then directly to the big end like the Suzuki Posi Lube system. My Suzuki model, the GP did not have that but other models around the same time did.

Something to think about.

Name:	Posi Lube.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	337255

Bike
    TeeZee,

Thinking that if the fuel & oil are all going in via the transfer ducts, then there is less opportunity for any oil to get down to the big end. So a Posiforce style system would be a great help. Short of that, if you could arrange the oil discharge from your pump to align with the centre line of the crank, that’d be an improvement. Maybe thru a cantilevered tube (hypodermic size) to dump the droplet (which in reality wouldn’t be a droplet, but some vibration and airflow induced state) such that the big end would intercept it, might offer a greater improvement.

Bike
    Dawes Jaguar
    Couple of interesting points about the second video.
    MCN's racer tests are usually done by Adam Child who is a useful racer - wonder if this bloke pulled rank to get the gig
    Despite all the talk about updated cycle parts, EFI (and bigger engine) I think Bruce Anstey is still fastest lap and race record holder for 2 strokes at the TT on a YZR500.
    I think Ian Lougher was a bit off his game this year, though.
    Picking up TZ's point about beating 4 strokes, I was a bit taken aback when Bruce said he thought it would be possible to approach Supersport times around the Isle of Man. Surely the YZR is more powerful and lighter than those and on a horsepower track, too.
    Finally, I heard lots of people saying how much Bruce Anstey was missed at this year's TT and that he was ill, but I didn't realise how ill until someone posted a picture of him in a hospital bed with no hair (or beard!). If good wishes and prayers actually had any medical value, he should make a full recovery.

Bike
    TZ400
    Yea, I really hope Bruce Almighty pulls thru - a real personal hero.
    There are YZR500s and there are YZR500s , but how many years of no development have gone by on those bikes.
    Tires are WAY better now, and as Andy has said to me,the Britten would be way faster on these new designs of tire, but that it would take a huge
    amount of effort to get an old GP bike to work with them.
    Im still very disappointed that if the claims are true of 195Hp/135Kg are even close , the Suter should completely annihilate any Superbike - but not
    if the injection still has the staggers like every other race effort has failed to fix.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    He has been such a big name at the TT, I am very sorry to hear Bruce Anstey is being faced with a health challenge, I hope he recovers well.

TeeZee, you could arrange the oil discharge from your pump to align with the centre line of the crank, that’d be an improvement. Maybe thru a cantilevered tube (hypodermic size) to dump the droplet such that the big end would intercept it, might offer a greater improvement.
    Great idea Ken, I will look at that. I might be able to use a small peristaltic pump driven by the Ignitec's PWM power jet output to match the volume of oil delivery to the RPM.

Bike
    2001 kx250

Oil Pump

TZ,

The old Suzuki "Hop Up Kit" for the TS50 required the oil pump to remain & wired open at approximately 1/4 position. I think the reasoning is for the big end lubrication, as we never had a problem with the bottom end back then & that little motor turned a lot of RPM.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by DoldGuy View Post
    TZ,

The old Suzuki "Hop Up Kit" for the TS50 required the oil pump to remain & wired open at approximately 1/4 position. I think the reasoning is for the big end lubrication, as we never had a problem with the bottom end back then & that little motor turned a lot of RPM.
    Most of the Suzuki 50's had a pressed steel piece with a nose locating into the open end of the crankpin and a raised lip around the edge.
    It spun with the crank and the oil delivery only had to be into the area inside the lip to get to the big end. Worked well and it was simple.
    Wouldn't be hard to duplicate.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Most of the Suzuki 50's had a pressed steel piece with a nose locating into the open end of the crankpin and a raised lip around the edge.
    It spun with the crank and the oil delivery only had to be into the area inside the lip to get to the big end. Worked well and it was simple.
    Wouldn't be hard to duplicate.
    The TS/TF125 had them as well, its on the pic (TS90) TZ used a couple of posts above named as the guide plate.
    Commonly called oil slingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    My T125 is a marvel of drilled pins, slingers and all sorts.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Pre mix, 20:1

I will be seriously looking at a small 12V peristaltic pump for an additional oil feed to the inlet.

But because I have to disassemble the motor I could also look at an oil feed to the main brg and then directly to the big end like the Suzuki Posi Lube system. My Suzuki model, the GP did not have that but other models around the same time did.

Something to think about.

Name:	Posi Lube.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	132.1 KB 
ID:	337255
    edit : this link gives some details on the different oil pumps that the japanese used on their two stroke auto lube engines. Mostly Mikuni material.
    http://www.dansmc.com/2_stroke_oilpump.htm
    TeeZee, here is a link to drawings of the different systems of yamaha, suzuki and kawasaki for "auto-lube" systems. Some were rather primitive, with oil only through the inlet port. Others like kawa had also an oil line to the main bearings. (I do not understand why ktm did not choose this solution for their new 250 and 300 TPI bike, they only feed oil through the injectors, nothing for the bearing)
    http://www.dansmc.com/2_stroke_pump_views.htm

BRP use bearing oil feed on their E-Tec 600, and 800 engines since 2010 and built an even more efficiënt oil feed system tot their latest creation the E-tec 850cc.
    Here a link tot a Ski Doo versus Polaris Cat ranting on who has the best oil feed system. http://www.dootalk.com/forums/topic/...ation-methods/

Bike
    motocompo
    I found this beautiful & delicate machine in the Wigchers private collection in Schnoonoord NL today.
    Im sure some contributors to this thread may recognise it.
    Some people may also recognise the gentleman standing behind it. Egbert Streuer, Dutch former multiple world sidecar champion.
    Well done Mr Thiel, they are pure art.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180612_152621.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	740.4 KB 
ID:	337258  

Thread Information