Page 2006 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 10061506190619561996200420052006200720082016205621062506 ... LastLast
Results 30,076 to 30,090 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Frits Overmars, do you have some news on your new baby?

Bike
    Yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Tell me more. What should I look for?
    https://www.aecs.net/products/produc...ry.php?catId=2

This is what we use at work. Lots of workshops around NZ are using them. About as good as you can get
    I'm not sure where you are based.

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel62 View Post
    Auckland NZ. Great looking gear but way out of my price range but it has got me thinking, thanks.

I see there is a free sample of software to trial that can use the computers audio card. May be useful for developing the Arduino's MAP simulation software.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Frits Overmars, do you have some news on your new baby?
    Nah, waiting for a con rod that got lost in the mail, a proper ignition system and some other things. We revved it to 14.500 rpm and then opened it up for inspection. Everything looked fine, but with the present con rod I wouldn't even dream of exploring the full rpm potential.
    Besides, I'm paying for the use of parts and facilities by working on a Volvo engine. I can hardly believe it myself, but seeing my buddy Jeffrey Wiesner wrestle with that lump of Swedish steel is quite rewarding.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FOS @ JWSPORT-03.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	337454 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jeffrey Wiesner Volvo-02.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	337455

Bike
    variety
    frits i didnt know you spend your free time fixing 4t engines

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    frits i didnt know you spend your free time fixing 4t engines
    There's more in my free time that I wouldn't want you to know about, Peewee. Anyway, don't spread the word; it would ruin what's left of my reputation .

Bike
    TZ400
    Thats OK Frits we dont mind cross dressing 2T tuners, not so sure about those with a 4T fetish as well.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    husaberg
    Much the same ilk as KTM's GP bike injection
    only for different reasons
    https://www.knfilters.com/eci

The K&N Electronic Carburetor Injection, or ECI, is a bolt-on system that adds a supplemental fuel source to your engine. The system consists of a carb spacer plate with a fuel block and injector, an ECU, and a wide band O2 sensor. The plate has a provision for the fuel injector. When needed, the injector squirts atomized fuel into the air stream passing through the spacer plate.
    In a way, the ECI system works like an EFI system that reads the air/fuel ratio fed to it from an included O2 sensor that you install in your exhaust. Where this differs from EFI, is that it is used in conjunction with the carburetor. Any time the system detects a lean condition, the injector will kick on to bring the AFR back to spec, but the engine is still fed primarily by the carb. The ECI acts as a supplement to your existing carburated setup, rather than a complete replacement system such as EFI or TBI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia

Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Nah, waiting for a con rod that got lost in the mail, a proper ignition system and some other things. We revved it to 14.500 rpm and then opened it up for inspection; everything looked fine. But with the present con rod I won't even dream of exploring the full rpm potential.
    Besides, I'm paying for the use of parts and facilities by working on a Volvo engine. I can hardly believe it myself, but seeing my buddy Jeffrey Wiesner wrestle with that lump of Swedish steel is quite rewarding.

Views:	305 
ID:	337454 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	204 
ID:	337455

What are you hoping for in terms of rpm/bhp.....30000rpm... 70 bhp..

(:

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Much the same ilk as KTM's GP bike injection only for different reasons https://www.knfilters.com/eci
    the ECI system... reads the air/fuel ratio fed to it from an included O2 sensor that you install in your exhaust... Any time the system detects a lean condition, the injector will kick on to bring the AFR back to spec
    And how is this system going to detect a lean condition? An O2-sensor cannot do that; it can only detect the presence of unused oxygen in the exhaust gases.
    If the mixture is so rich that the engine misfires, that O2-sensor will detect O2 and then this wonderful system will enrichen the mixture even more. Been there....

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars
    Nah, waiting for a con rod that got lost in the mail, a proper ignition system and some other things. We revved it to 14.500 rpm and then opened it up for inspection. Everything looked fine, but with the present con rod I wouldn't even dream of exploring the full rpm potential.

Views:	35 
ID:	337459 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	35 
ID:	337458
    What are you hoping for in terms of rpm/bhp.....30000rpm... 70 bhp..
    70 hp wouldn't be a problem, but 30.000 rpm might be a bit too much for a Volvo...

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Interesting difference between RGV 500 70 and 80 degree engines.
    On 70, W- reeds is partly masked the way to C on one pair of cylinders.
    The last RGV, with 80 degree engine was symmetrical - free way to C on all 4. cylinders.
    As I understand correctly, first time they tried W-type reed block was around 1990 on RGV 250 racer.

About rounded piston - tried it on my RGV 250 ( left sharp edge at C) and still walking with feelings that left after tests - front wheel hanging in 4 gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGV 500 70 degree  2000.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	505.1 KB 
ID:	337460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGV 500 80 degree  2001.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	723.0 KB 
ID:	337461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGV 500 2000 vs 2001 From carb to engine.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	611.2 KB 
ID:	337462  

Bike
    TZ400
    Katinas, what was radius size - and did you move the cylinder ?
    The un radiused C port seems to be the real trick to this, but of course if you move the cylinder then the C port timing is then " wrong " compared to
    the other ports seeing the radius as effectively opening them sooner.
    I want to move on and test some more, but cant see a way forward until this C port and cylinder position is clear.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Katinas, what was radius size - and did you move the cylinder ?
    I want to move on and test some more, but cant see a way forward until this C port and cylinder position is clear.
    How about reducing the c port height?

Bike
    TZ400
    Yea I could do that with epoxy, as a test.
    But to do it properly would involve dropping the cylinder another increment, then having to grind all the other ports up - a hideous job and ultimately not repeatably accurate.
    Especially maintaining the axials.
    Or secondly taking off the chrome and welding the boost port roof - again a hideous job.
    Very few customers would want to spend the time ,money and effort.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    And how is this system going to detect a lean condition? An O2-sensor cannot do that; it can only detect the presence of unused oxygen in the exhaust gases.
    If the mixture is so rich that the engine misfires, that O2-sensor will detect O2 and then this wonderful system will enrichen the mixture even more. Been there....
    In fairness as a concept it would work better than a holley 4 barrell alone with a guy with a mullet tuning it though Frits.
    The way i seen it is some idiot could still set it far to lean and it would auto correct to a correct mixture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information