Page 2007 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 10071507190719571997200520062007200820092017205721072507 ... LastLast
Results 30,091 to 30,105 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by katinas View Post
    Interesting difference between RGV 500 70 and 80 degree engines.
    On 70, W- reeds is partly masked the way to C on one pair of cylinders.
    The last RGV, with 80 degree engine was symmetrical - free way to C on all 4. cylinders.
    As I understand correctly, first time they tried W-type reed block was around 1990 on RGV 250 racer.

About rounded piston - tried it on my RGV 250 ( left sharp edge at C) and still walking with feelings that left after tests - front wheel hanging in 4 gear.
    Where did you get the drawings i have never seen those?
    Yamaha went backwards and forwards heaps of times with the V angle.
    On a lot of occasions it was to do with room for airbox and change with the acceptable design compromise between power and chassis design
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Wob, this RGV engine (VJ22) was assembled 5 years ago and I rarely used it, because, ironically, concentrated on less powerful NS engine.
    So I almost forget what I done on this RGV engine and before testing radiused pistons I found this:
    No gasket between cylinders and block, heads original with angled sparkplug was modified - 0,7mm squash, vol 13cc., piston original flat top skimmed.
    At TDC, piston top equal with cylinder top.
    At BDC, piston top 0,8 mm higher than transfers lower edge, so just made 1.3mm radi on pistons with sharp edge at C location. No other modification.
    So C timing left as before ( 0,8mm less than std.), just EX with A,B opens earlier but now nearly like std must be. Not measure timing, but now have electronic gauge that you recommended. Very nice thing.

And yes playing with unradiused C timing its important, so need more time, but generally very interesting at which timing "radiused" starts to overcome "sharp" power or how differs timing between "radiused" and "sharp" with equal max power.
    And if "radiused" help generate more flow, then maybe bigger head volume needed.

After 3 rounds of MX 65 championships in NE zone boy left in 2nd place with radiused piston ( last round with sharp edge at C and matched head). So he have opportunity to participate in final race after 3 weeks in Czech Republic with all quickest boys from Europe. Frits, thanks again.

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Where did you get the drawings i have never seen those?
    Yamaha went backwards and forwards heaps of times with the V angle.
    On a lot of occasions it was to do with room for airbox and change with the acceptable design compromise between power and chassis design
    From RACERS vol.32. Other interesting thing from drawings is about EX configuration: looks like one big EX with satellites ,but maybe two big with sat. like on VJ23.
    And 3 stages power valve.

Mat Oxley
    https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...r-knew-existed
    “Maybe 50 years from now…”

Bike
    husaberg
    From RACERS vol.32. Other interesting thing from drawings is about EX configuration: looks like one big EX with satellites ,but maybe two big with sat. like on VJ23.
    I have yet to see a v23 port map. i looked the other day.
    Suzuki and yam works bike had single and two aux EX ports back to the early 80's maybe before then they went away from them Who knows why.
    Is racers a Magazine?

Wob actually made inquires about one about 4 years ago as he had herd they were a bridged twin ex port one with 2 auxs.

Edit 6 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Have just found out that the Suzuki VJ23 cylinder is a T port ( like the older models and also Aprilia RS250) but it has sub ports as well.
    This may be an even better choice for sitting on a RG bottom end and sleeving to 50mm.
    Anyone got one I can look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Yeah that's right. A mate has one (currently in his kitchen, no room in lounge for RZ500). Forgot to take a pic bit bridged with 2 aux. Odd. Also barrel seated twisted in relationship to crank a little.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    Ok, Rob, time to abandon that ecotrons bull shit.

Link is an NZ based company that has been in the EFI business for years. Their tech guys are readily available (during business hours) and very knowledgeable. I use the link ECU and without their input I would not have been able to bring the YZ 250 TPI to success. Yes their units are expensive but in my opinion well worth the outlay, if nothing else in terms of help over the phone.
    I also use a company call EFI NZ, will sell you any thing EFI sensors, injectors etc, all good quality stuff. I just bought a tiny nippon denso fuel pump, ethanol capable as an example.
    And I use a guy in Tauranga, Dave, at DTECH. Knows the Link ECU inside out, but not for free. He is helping me with my 360 mark two TPI.
    Don't battle with people (ecotrons) that are only intetested in money and don't want to help.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Hi Flettner, thanks for that, it is very tempting.

Because it has been another frustrating few days banging my head trying to get some simple help from the Ecotrons support team.

All I want is for the VE table in my EFI software to be turned on, how hard can that be.

I have no doubt these Ecotrons guys are really really smart pointy heads when building EFI systems but are so totally inept and completely shit to deal with when it comes to simple support for their product.

I am not looking for them to solve my tuning issues. I just need them to flick the secret switch that allows my CPU to run both Alpa-N and VE volumetric efficiency maps. The software is there, it is just a switch flick that is a normal part of other brands of EFI software.

I have posted my 2T EFI adventures and persevered with Ecotrons because it is easily affordable for myself and anyone else who might like to experiment with 2T EFI too.

But as much as I like Ecotrons hardware I am seriously looking to kick Ecotrons to touch because their poor support makes it so hard to work with.

And today following Flettners suggestion I had a chat with the Link support team, great bunch of enthusiastic guys. Easy to talk with and very helpful.

The quality of Link's support team is making a Link G4+ look very attractive.

I put a proposal to Ecotrons and will wait a few days to see their response, if its not helpful I will be binning their system which is pretty useless without cooperative help for the simple but important things.

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Yeah that's right. A mate has one (currently in his kitchen, no room in lounge for RZ500). Forgot to take a pic bit bridged with 2 aux. Odd. Also barrel seated twisted in relationship to crank a little.
    Kawasaki used it on KX 125 in 1986. VJ23 aux looks modest, but maybe with bigger main EX.
    Interesting staggered reed cage of RSW 250, partly to copy crank web.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KX 125 1986 2 EX with aux.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	264.2 KB 
ID:	337469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KX 1250 1986.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	230.5 KB 
ID:	337470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGV 250 VJ 23   2EX and sat..jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	337471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RGV 250 VJ 23.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	337472   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda RSW 250 Aoyama 2009 stagered reed cage.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	593.8 KB 
ID:	337473  

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Few days thinking about 2000 Estonian Tallin TT event, exactly 18 years ago.
    We arrived late on friday at the end of fist 125/250 training. I was pushing my bike to tech inspection when they return from track and suddenly stopped in thinking where I see this helmet before. I turned and can't believed, it was Joey Dunlop.
    On saturday he wining everything on four strokes, it was amazing how nice was his riding style.
    On Sunday it was veterans race, some drizzle before start and doubts about tires. After first 2 laps Joey on RS 125 and Lembitt Tessalu ( add photo) on TZ 250 was in front. They always battle - after straights before corners, Tesallu was at the front, but after exit Joey see clear track. This always repeat at corner where I was standing.
    All ended at very fast left hand on full gas before main straight with trees all around.
    Still remember saturday evening, when Joey was siting in folding chair with some drink in hand and his eyes wandering somewhere between trees. Estonian TT was like old style GP, vans, tents, all riders together in the forest, amazing atmosphere.

My own race ended after warm up lap before race, when engine lost some power. At the morning training engine seized at fastest place on start finish line and I was very busy with restoring everything in time, at the same time trying to resolve cdi problems on mate RG 250 and simply forget to fill the water in to my NS 250 before race. So with 1:19 compression on 98 RON and without cooling, engine said enough after more than 6 km first warm up lap, but not seized.

Estonians and Latvians always be very clever about 2T and was fastest when we where isolated from all world in s... union. Estonians produce "Vihur "road racing motorcycles with CZ, Rotax and Yamaha engines and Latvians Riga mainly 50cc. But most racers deal with useless Iz, Minsk, Kovrov engines, they simply made miracles extracting impossible powers. So much energy to such bad engines. There was one class only for womens, with 175cc Kovrov 1 cylinder engine.
    Most interesting was racers from Cuba. They arrived from airport to tracks with suitcases full of metal and assembled motorcycle in 1 hour or so, mainly with CZ cross engines adapted to road racing. It was amazing.

Add video Estonian Tallin TT 1958 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLLjkogKZxE
    Track was used from 1933 until 2006 motorcycle race but was abandoned due to worsened road surface and lack of money to repair it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lembit-teesalu- TZ  250 2015.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	337474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vihur Rotax 250.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	337475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Riga 125 Serpuhov experimental engine rotary valve.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	337476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riga50ccrace.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	132.6 KB 
ID:	337477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Experimental Serpuhov 125 engine rotary 2 cylinder 1983-1985.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	337478  

Bike
    Very interesting memories, thanks.

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Very interesting memories, thanks.
    Just remember other man from Great Britain Michael Sutton on Honda RS 250 , he was very fast at Tallin TT, but after 2 laps his engine seized, and this repeated 2 or 3 times at this event on the same cylinder. After one year, when I meet him again and asked about this, he smiled and said that later found very small invisible crack on that cylinder head.

Bike
    Such small things that conspire to defeat us...... .... the 60's, 70's and 80's to me are the golden era of motorcycle racing.

An era when a guy and a couple of mates could cobble something together in the shed and go racing and mix it with the best. A bit like F4 and F5 Buckets is here in New Zealand now. I know Buckets is a pale shadow, but for me it brings back the memories and has the same sort of feel as that golden era.

Bike
    Kawasaki used it on KX 125 in 1986.
    I am not sure of the year but here are some more pictures of the Kawasaki KX125 auxiliary exhaust ports.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KX125 Porting 008.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	241.3 KB 
ID:	337479 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KX125 Porting 011.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	249.6 KB 
ID:	337480

Bike
    Shean Roberts and Hartog

Bike
    Munro. Someone I had the good fortune to spend an afternoon chatting with at his shed in 1970.

Here are some clips that someone put together about him.

Thread Information