Page 2012 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 10121512191219622002201020112012201320142022206221122512 ... LastLast
Results 30,166 to 30,180 of 39428

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    zuma50
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    For good response I am going to try a MAP sensor which we know are relativly slow to get the ambient outside air pressure for a base line and use a Piezo for the positive crankcase pressure pulse. Piezo's are fast in comparison. All I am looking for is relative changes in maximum crank case pressure.

The evolution of KTM's EFI cylinders. In conversation maybe about 2012 Flettner advised them go for vertically down the B ports like he has on the BigHorn. They told him they would do something more sophisticated.

Attachment 337583

Cylinder on the left is their sophisticated effort, direct injection, middle is direct port injection, cylinder on the right is vertically down the B ports just like Flettner suggested and it must be what works best as they are currently running them on their ""revolutionary"" fuel injected bikes.

Flettner is certainly worth listening too.
    The cyl on left is Orbital design. Frits can chime in... uses direct air injection along with direct fuel injection.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Some new testing today.
    I´m testing my sliderclutch.
    This is the first time ever i have been in contact with this, i designed it myself, it works, but it seems from video it is somewhat light weights, further testing will need to be done.
    Still i´m happy it works, a small step for human kind, but a big step for me

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    Nice.
    IT seems to shovel a lot of dirt =)
    yes it can shovel plenty of dirt . It seems the nitro gives extra torq for some reason but im not sure why, maybe because the quantity of fuel put in the cylinder can be increase alot, just a guess. even with just 30% you can double the fuel through the powerjets. with methanol at 80F I could use just one powerjet full open. now at 30% I can use atleast two powerjet full open and the third jet half open. what I plan to do next testing is continue to open the third jet and fourth jet to see if the engine gets to a point where it drowns in the fuel and can barely run. then atleast I can know the limits of the AFR

Bike
    It´s easy,, Nitro brings its own oxygen.
    More oxygen = capable of burning more fuel.

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    The cyl on left is Orbital design. Frits can chime in...
    Thanks for the flowers Jonny, but I'll leave this one to Ken Seeber; he used to work at Orbital.

Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    It seems the nitro gives extra torq for some reason...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nitro power.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	337590

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    my Kawasaki has a what i call a read and hold device for crank case sampling.
    crude and mechanical (my style) a small pneumatic valve, 12V . Its switched on for a short time every cycle to read the crank case pressure at a given crank point every cycle, 'read and hold'.
    I could not belive that the valve could cycle at engine frequency but apparently it can. TZ is much cleverer, hes making an electronic version.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    It´s easy,, Nitro brings its own oxygen. More oxygen = capable of burning more fuel.
    True Nitro brings its own oxygen and even more fuel. So if you inject Nitro into an already correct air/fuel mixture then the mixture with added Nitro goes slightly rich. Nitro has a lot of oxygen and even more fuel, so richer not leaner, very handy.

Bike
    variety
    True Nitro brings its own oxygen and even more fuel. So if you inject Nitro into an already correct air/fuel mixture then the mixture with added Nitro goes slightly rich. A lot more oxygen and fuel but richer not leaner, very handy.
    i wish there was more info about nitro in 2t engines. oil content in rc fuel ranges from 10%-22%. i havent figured out why. maybe parts last longer with more oil. ive been mixing 30% nitro, 16% oil, 54% methanol. if i lower the oil to say 12% and raise the methanol to 58% i wonder if i would gain power. maybe the engine would wear out faster. i dont know

Bike
    i wish there was more info about nitro in 2t engines. oil content in rc fuel ranges from 10%-22%. i havent figured out why. maybe parts last longer with more oil. ive been mixing 30% nitro, 16% oil, 54% methanol. if i lower the oil to say 12% and raise the methanol to 58% i wonder if i would gain power. maybe the engine would wear out faster. i dont know
    When I was running a TZ back in the day. Castrol R or Shell M was 12:1 running in and 16:1 or 18:1 racing. We wound up using 20:1 because it was an easy mix ratio. 1l oil pack into 20l fuel tin, hard for the pit bunny to cock that up but they often gave it an honest try. Back in the day the rule of thumb was more oil made more power.

Bike
    you can double the fuel through the powerjets. with methanol at 80F I could use just one powerjet full open.what I plan to do next testing is continue to open the third jet and fourth jet to see if the engine gets to a point where it drowns in the fuel and can barely run. then at least I can know the limits of the AFR
    My experience with methanol and 2T's (Suzuki TR250R and Yamaha RD's) is that you can run them so rich that raw wet fuel runs out of the exhaust pipes wetting any riders that are close behind.

In fact you can take a correctly jetted methanol motor with the correct rich AF, increase the methanol and the motor runs cold, and then does not evaporate the fuel and the AF goes lean, more fuel makes it worse.

You have to strike a balance by blending the fuel to get the motor to run at a reasonable temperature. My favorite blend was 50/50 Methanol Acetone. But you could use other fuels. And even though we were pumping a lot more fuel through we still used 20:1 oil ratio.

Bike
    increase the methanol and the motor runs cold, and then does not evaporate the fuel and the AF goes lean, more fuel makes it worse.
    Spot on!
    But if one is able to get the engine hot enough to evaporate the fuel even thou you are running huge amounts of fuel, then it will be a good powerboost.
    Here´s where nitro comes in, i dunno exactly where nitro 'takes' over.
    But at smaller amount like 15-30% blend in methanol i call the nitro 'activator'.
    You got all the good parts from methanol AND activates the heat so it can burn even more fuel, this with the added oxygen in nitro.

Another way to activate the 'heat' is to decrease the cooling in the head when running methanol, this lets you burn more methanol also.

Name:	dragbike.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	391.7 KB 
ID:	337596

This is simple physics actually.
    Boilingpoint of methanol is 64,7c
    Boilingpoint of petrol is more funny, it depends on pressure, ca 30-190c

Bike
    I like it ....

Bike
    husaberg
    Some new testing today.
    I´m testing my sliderclutch.
    This is the first time ever i have been in contact with this, i designed it myself, it works, but it seems from video it is somewhat light weights, further testing will need to be done.
    Still i´m happy it works, a small step for human kind, but a big step for me

Slider Like a Ktm50?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Slider Like a Ktm50?
    Almost, but with huge possibilites with adjustment.

Name:	busa.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	337597

Bike
    husaberg
    Almost, but with huge possibilites with adjustment.

Name:	busa.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	337597
    looks kind of similar to the Tomar ones for the KTM50 just many more plates
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information