Page 2018 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 10181518191819682008201620172018201920202028206821182518 ... LastLast
Results 30,256 to 30,270 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Suzuki RG500/Aprilia RS125
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    Hi,
    In this Racers magazine (No 25) about RGV250 (includes XR95-XR98) there is also some technical information. However, it's in japanese, but to me the pictures looks nice anyway.. I have attached some. Maybe possible to use a "text in picture translation app". I tried that but was not so successful at the time.
    This free online tool says it can extract text from images. It also it can do Japanese. A highest possible image resolution is recommended.

https://www.onlineocr.net/

Bike
    RGV
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    I assume you're joking Dutch, but your smiley suggests otherwise.
    I posted four lines of text and two JPG-pics; that's all. Nothing I haven't done a thousand times before.

yes fella i'm joking

the page builder just had a fit over your site link coding, nothing you did, that's computers for ya

html code whatsup lesson over, back to 2 stroke engine thingy things

Bike
    husaberg
    I assume you're joking Dutch, but your smiley suggests otherwise.
    I posted four lines of text and two JPG-pics; that's all. Nothing I haven't done a thousand times before.
    I think what happened Frits was some what you wrote as your text was migrated into the code for the pics.
    Thats what it loked like from looking at your latest post info when it occured last night,I have done it myself, its no major for someone of MT's skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    And here I thought this site was allergic to piston port designs. I decided to take it to the limit with a divided intake. It takes a custom piston with a full skirt and a longer rod so the piston clears the crank web. I'm also considering Frits' 4 transfer design. It would fit on a stock crankcase with minor modifications. I'll need to finish modeling both versions to see if I missed anything.

Lohring Miller

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zenoah Miller Cylinder v12a.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	337764 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zenoah Miller Cylinder v12.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	337765

Bike
    variety
    alot of nsr500 photos. on the main menu is more bikes http://www.geocities.jp/noda_keni/h/...0/00nsr500.htm

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    alot of nsr500 photos. on the main menu is more bikes http://www.geocities.jp/noda_keni/h/...0/00nsr500.htm
    All of those pics and many more are here
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...p?albumid=4837
    On that website is some interesting stuff about balance and other related stuff.
    I have spent a fair bit of time putting a lot of it together, and will be posting a heap of stuff rel;ated to whats on there and the Honda threes and fours in a few days.

NSR500 BIG BANG

Frits or Wob can correct me if i am wrong but from what i think have figured out is that the Big Bang Honda was not actually firing all its cylinders within 68 degrees.
    The HRC director had said in many applications it was all within 68 degrees but as it was a 112 degree V four i believe he was meaning 68 crank offset was used for all cylinders which by addition would mean it was firing opposed pairs of cylinders at 90 degrees intervals if you take into account the V angles.
    180 -112 =68
    which makes sense as it basically converts it to having two sets of 90 degree v twins side by side with offset crankpins with the rocking couple mitigated by firing crossed pairs. it is in essence a double up ducati l twin and firing at similar intervals only twice as often.
    The screamer was a two up two down firing in pairs 180 degrees apart same a a tz750 or all the other twin crank gp 500 bikes of the era this was first used in about 1989 and was according to the riders a great deal easier to ride than the previous which was 4 even evenly spread ignitions which fired every 90 degrees.
    To do this a balance shaft was added.

KR3

Some stuff i found this morning
    Note the crank on the later model and the water cooled transfers plus the early "Roberts" carbs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3308440838_2_3_eaqwSUNV.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	337829Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KR_GROUPED02.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	337831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kr3 2.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	337832Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3308440838_2_15_hDmHn5TC.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	337827Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3308440838_2_13_1frm9o3C.jpg 
Views:	1203 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	337830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3308440838_2_17_MSCCkyI6.jpg 
Views:	1274 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	337828
    there are plenty more pics here. another intersting detail. The early KR3 shared crankcase on two cylinders much like a ROC/swiss Auto/pulse did.
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...p?albumid=5025
    One thing i also never realised was they built a KR4 with a swiss Auto engine.

The YZR500 album is worth a look as well
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...p?albumid=4845
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    variety
    while looking at the nsr stuff i found out yamaha was making all kinds of twin cyl engines that i never knew existed. probly rare as hens teeth. some inline with forward and reverse cyl and what appears to be a 90* offset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l300.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	337834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3xv_rs_dry_clutch_engine.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	337835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yamaha-Tzr250-3Ma-Complete-Engines-Tzr-Engine-_1.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	337836  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    while looking at the nsr stuff i found out yamaha was making all kinds of twin cyl engines that i never knew existed. probly rare as hens teeth. some inline with forward and reverse cyl and what appears to be a 90* offset.
    They followed the path of the TZ's first was the TZR250 IKT and 2MA then the reverse cylinder 3MA then the lastly the 3XV v twin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_TZR250
    the V twin had compatible parts with the TZ250A
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    -

I'd like to take a look, but it seems that you have to be invited by a registered member in order to create an account. Could someone please invite me? Thanks.

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Husa thanks, very interesting KR stuff and article about engine evolution, reading with one breath.
    Cylinder B outlet looks more upward angle than usual and transfers inner wall cooling like Jan done on Aprilia .

European MX 65 final with rounded piston and sharp edge at C, mached head: after first race start, before first corner was in front, but close throttle too early, lost some places and later fallen down , so finished in 21 place.
    Second race half distance holds in 6 place, but again fallen down and ended in 29 place. Engine worked really fine.

Interesting, Suzuki on RGV 250 XR96/98 used Mikuni with Yoshimura type multiple jet nozzle and in 1995 on XR95 they tried EFI with 40mm body (not on the factory "Lucky ..., but on JAJA team's engine, maybe in All Japan Championship).

Name:	EFI XR95 40mm.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	440.5 KB 
ID:	337858   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yoshimura multiple jet nozzle.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	337857   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Suzuki XR 98.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	337.9 KB 
ID:	337856  

Bike
    Simson S51 Evolution
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Slowly I have gained enough credibility with them to get more detailed work, but there are very big ego's involved of course as they are the current World Title holders ( so dont need me involved ).
    But I keep making more power than they do , so I just keep on doing it to annoy them.
    Wobbly, i know EXACTLY what you are talking about......

several years ago i worked (lets say i tried to work) at a famous sports car manufacturer in germany for a half year.

but doing the work was not easy....the biggest part was not the work itself. most of the time you had to respect, appreciate and worship the employees and there egos for beeing part of such a famous glorious Company... you had to be very careful with jokes and easy conversation as they might take it serious and beeing angry on you until you apologize a 1000 times....stupid idiots!

so i know what is going on at tm....when you came in the first day they saw an unknown (by them) man in a wheelchair and thought "what can he do?"

and now of course they are angry or offended because you proved them wrong by beeing better than them.....as i said, stupid idiots!

maybe they could be much better than they are now. and maybe the gap between their knowledge and yours was not so big if they concentrated more on their development work instead of being busy polishing their offended egos and thinking about being world title holders.

so Wobbly, i recommend you to not waste that much time with them. do your job and leave. time is to precious to spend it with idiots.

but it is not easy to change things by trying to explain idiots that they are idiots.....been there done that (as Frits would say). it does not work. if an idiot understood that he is an idiot, it wouldn`t be an idiot! and, to make things worse, in the end they call you an idiot because you are not able to explain them...they hardly refuse of thinking about it beeing possible that it is not a question of explaining it but a question of understanding.

this reminds my of the story Frits once told.....after Jan Thiel left Aprilia his followers (i didnt want to use successors, because they didnt have success) "corrected" jans "mistakes" by making the crankcase smaller....once again, stupid idiots!
    WATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR AND HULK HOGAN DESTROY YOU!!!!

Bike
    RGV
    Quote Originally Posted by Norman View Post
    Hi,
    In this Racers magazine (No 25) about RGV250 (includes XR95-XR98) there is also some technical information. However, it's in japanese, but to me the pictures looks nice anyway.. I have attached some. Maybe possible to use a "text in picture translation app". I tried that but was not so successful at the time.
    Looks like those pics got deleted in the melt down the other day.

Here's a scan i got off the german 2-takt website, i've translated the jap to english.

Name:	Racers_RGV250_pg085-1.JPG 
Views:	249 
Size:	339.7 KB 
ID:	337861  

Bike
    1993, suzuki rgv250
    Nice!
    Yes, it seems they went away. I will try and scan tomorrow, and thanks for the tip oktrg500.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Fisher View Post
    Looks like those pics got deleted in the melt down the other day.

Here's a scan i got off the german 2-takt website, i've translated the jap to english.

Bike
    TZ400
    Thanks for the words of advise Martin.
    As I understand it the problem was created by Jos V, who convinced TM he knew more than they when Max was trying to win a World title in KZ karts
    He finally weaseled his way into Franco's dyno room and wasted his time for a month.
    Max won using a factory Franco TM engine , but Jos then started selling tuned engines with all the mods he had seen.
    Franco was not a happy man about this , so naturally me trying to get in the dyno door was made even harder.
    But I became the first outside contractor they have ever used , to do the new pipe design , so with the great result that produced , and the cylinder CAD model I changed to a small
    Exhaust duct nozzle with Aux port ears down the side into the spigot ( like Aprilia ) that also made big gains , things are not so much a one way street as it was.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    honda ns 400

Thread Information