Page 2035 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 10351535193519852025203320342035203620372045208521352535 ... LastLast
Results 30,511 to 30,525 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    zuma50
    As Wobbly mentioned richer jetting. Wasn't that around the time that riders were running out of fuel? Did they have to make larger tanks?

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stealth Coat by Super Finishing Ltd.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	759.9 KB 
ID:	338750

An engine that has all the bells and whistles would not be complete without a touch of Stealth Coat from Super Finishing Ltd.

If I can I am going to get the rotary valve blade and cover faces done too.

Bike
    TZ400
    Haha, Rob , if Dazz coated the pin ends you could true it without a hammer.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Thought of that and taped them off before he got hold of them. It sure is slippery shit. He says he can do the oil seal lips too.

Anyway I am waiting for the real be-spoke cross drilled pin to arrive, maybe latter next week.

Bike
    variety
    anyone tried fitting complete ign system from one engine to another ? thinking of trying to fit a 250ktm system to my old 550. problem is my flywheel is mounted on the opposite side so i would have to rotate the stator in such a way to account for the opposite direction flywheel spin. i want a way to have programming capabilities and this seems the only way. im not even sure the flywheel taper would be the same bit its worth a look

Bike
    whatever I can get running - dirt/track/
    If you look around at

https://hpi.be/

they have a lot of information on rotor tapers that may let you ID what will or won't work on your bike. I think some ignitions are sensitive to the direction of rotation, you might be better off getting something meant for use on your bike rather than fighting to get something to work.

Jeff Henise has been making ignitions for various vintage bikes (CT-1 Yamaha, his F37 Kawasaki, CB160s) with the hpi parts and they seem to be very reliable and give good service.

cheers,
    Michael

Bike
    1974 Yamaha RD250
    Ive installed a KX100 iggy system(LH side) on a Minarelli scooter(RH side),but I had to move the pickup(pulse) coil to get the proper 'phase' angle..It worked great then!I found the answer at this site;
    http://www.sportdevices.com/ignition/ignition.htm
    Hope this helps you move to the other side..

Bike
    1988, Yamaha RD350 YPVS
    Blog Entries
    Adapting ignitions with a single pickup on the outside is absolutely not an issue.
    And that setup screams for an ignitech.
    Pickup on the inside is not so easily.

The most challenging part is to machine the cone to suit if it does not fit.
    But most modern bikes got the 1:5 taper so whilst having a few ignitions to choose from, that might be a swop as well.

@peewee
    why dont you use the ignitech magneto lfs they offer in their shop?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post

Name:	Stealth Coat by Super Finishing Ltd.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	759.9 KB 
ID:	338754

An engine that has all the bells and whistles would not be complete without a touch of Stealth Coat from Super Finishing Ltd.

If I can I am going to get the rotary valve blade and cover faces done too.
    For sure ....

Name:	Slippery Stuff.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	570.8 KB 
ID:	338755

Dazz did the Rotary Valve parts and Piston for me. Real happy with that. Only issue is to clean out the gear box housing, don't want any of that slippery stuff in the clutch. Maybe time to go air cooled clutch so I can have all the engine and gearbox parts super finished and stealth coated. Big thanks to Super Finishing Ltd.

Bike
    TZ400
    As noted before most ignitions have the same 1:5 taper, just differing ID.
    There are some ( very rare ) ignition modules that detect the trigger and power coil voltage peaks to prevent running backwards from a kick over misfire.
    But no aftermarket CDI do this.
    So all thats needed is to position the trigger correctly,most want the trailing edge of the lobe to pass the trigger pole center BTDC , this is called Base Advance.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    husaberg
    There are some ( very rare ) ignition modules that detect the trigger and power coil voltage peaks to prevent running backwards from a kick over misfire.
    So all thats needed is to position the trigger correctly,most want the trailing edge of the lobe to pass the trigger pole center BTDC , this is called Base Advance.
    I have noticed quite a few Hondas have a long pip and what looks like a plain trigger pip on the flywheels whats the other pip on the flywheel for?
    I had noticed TZ's Aprilia one the other day. With pips every few degrees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TZ400
    You only need multiple lobes ( usually with one missing ) to tell accurately a fuel injection ECU where the crank is located in relation to TDC.

Bike
    husaberg
    You only need multiple lobes ( usually with one missing ) to tell accurately a fuel injection ECU where the crank is located in relation to TDC.
    Sorry it was the FZR250 rotor i gave to speedpro that had it
    here is a pic of one note the small pip at 2 oclock maybe that is TDC?

Name:	15666523869_bab8597717_k.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	657.0 KB 
ID:	338758
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1995 kx 125
    Heres one for ya wob.

New 104cc .been playing on it.
    No port sta. 27hp worth of transfer. In sim.
    A port 120/B-119/ C 122 or something
    High 1.35 case comp. . 29 ex tunnel exit . (Which is less area than a fully ported cylinder at 32mm)
    A whole 14.3 comp/no sq. Pump gas. Ex port a whole 86,raduis to 85ish.subs 91. One single pv in main ex.
    I havnt even ground on the ports on it yet.
    I doubt sim will sim this high. Maybe cranking the combustion efficiency will get it up past 11-13% dyno hp. I am not sure. Havnt tried to get sim to match. I think the new tranfers and ex exit and pipe are the big reason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180830_205346.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	293.9 KB 
ID:	338759  

Bike
    variety
    heres what im thinking and maybe im way off. from what ive read, nitro doesn't make as much power if it doesn't have enough spark lead. in top fuel cars I believe their rules only allow a certain max rpm and they limit it by retarding the spark. if I can fit a newer style flywheel and programable ign system to my bike then maybe I can find some free power by sorting out the spark curve. with the standard ign, if I try to advance the pickup trigger then it advances the whole curve respectively. I need to retard it alot in the beginning to get the engine started without fear of the dreaded kickback and breaking engine parts, then it can advance as needed once running

Thread Information