Page 2039 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 10391539193919892029203720382039204020412049208921392539 ... LastLast
Results 30,571 to 30,585 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    When flowsimulating, are you simulating constant flow or flow with high pressure that gets lower as the piston moves further down the bore, and that actually gets below 1bar absolute at btdc?

I´d say constant flow is way off from what´s happing for real in the transfers.
    I agree with its complexity to recreate this in the computer. There of my interest in the results TDC211 has. What I do is like a flow bench, but at significantly higher flow speeds, which is required for air to begin to vary in density.
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    1995 kx 125
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    I agree with its complexity to recreate this in the computer. There of my interest in the results TDC211 has. What I do is like a flow bench, but at significantly higher flow speeds, which is required for air to begin to vary in density.
    And what changes combustion efficeny?
    The density?

Bike
    TZ400
    DEA use a pulsed flow bench, that effectively recreates the actual flow regime in the transfers .
    This gives a much more accurate representation of reality and can be used reliably to predict power.
    I met Yamaha's GP technical director in 2000 and he said that that they had just reached the stage where using the CNC Czech flow visualizer
    they could accurately predict the power by being able to see and analyse the trapping and scavenging efficiency of the ports in a cylinder.
    They had used it to develop the 250 ( title winning twin ) after years of not being even close in Hp , though that was also in part due to finally ditching the stupid oversquare bore size.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Suzuki RG500/Aprilia RS125
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Hey, where's Adegnes our favourite Norwegian shed drinking scooter fiend these days?
    https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=C...troke+stuffing

Bike
    yzf 250
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    DEA use a pulsed flow bench, that effectively recreates the actual flow regime in the transfers .
    This gives a much more accurate representation of reality and can be used reliably to predict power.
    I met Yamaha's GP technical director in 2000 and he said that that they had just reached the stage where using the CNC Czech flow visualizer
    they could accurately predict the power by being able to see and analyse the trapping and scavenging efficiency of the ports in a cylinder.
    They had used it to develop the 250 ( title winning twin ) after years of not being even close in Hp , though that was also in part due to finally ditching the stupid oversquare bore size.
    Anemometric bench
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anemometric-tester.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	338850  

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Yamaha won the title because Guy Coulon, tech 3's chief mechanic, made copies of the Honda cylinders for their Yamaha's, without Czech flow visualizer. They also used a copy of the Aprilia fairing, offered to them by an ex-Aprilia aerodynamicist. We had such a Czech flow visualizer at Aprilia, it proved to be completely useless. DEA made his own, I don't know of any results.. The best pulsed flowbench is the engine itself....

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    After years of flow testing I concluded that flow testing the transfers makes no sense.
    More flow often means less power.
    So we decided that power-testing was the best thing to do!
    That´s exactly what my own logic says to me.
    One cannot copy real world scenarios.

Pressure oscillation in crankhouse.
    Backpressure from exhaust varies.
    Piston moves and disturbes flow.
    The ports are fully open on a fraction of a second.

And so on and so on.

I would say that an electrical engine that pulls the engine to test at different rpm´s, whole cranksystem with piston etc etc is about as close as you can get if you measure the air pumped through the cylinder.
    But when adding spark,fuel and a pipe, all is changing as there comes a lot of new variables in the game.

So, dyno is by far the best.

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    The racetrack is the ultimate tool, the dyno being the second most representative. However there are lots of other tools eg EngMod, Frit’s FOS exhaust formula, Jante rigs, Gordon Blair’s CO2 single cycle rig, empirical guides for port areas, etc, etc. If DEA have success with their rig then for them they have a good tool to shorten dev’t costs and time…

Importantly, 2 hours and Jack Miller is off from P2…can’t wait.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    The racetrack is the ultimate tool, the dyno being the second most representative. However there are lots of other tools eg EngMod, Frit’s FOS exhaust formula, Jante rigs, Gordon Blair’s CO2 single cycle rig, empirical guides for port areas, etc, etc. If DEA have success with their rig then for them they have a good tool to shorten dev’t costs and time…

Importantly, 2 hours and Jack Miller is off from P2…can’t wait.
    DEA is not going very well. they will probably transfer to Slovenia....

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    DEA is not going very well. they will probably transfer to Slovenia....
    It's already been done. Last week Andrea told me that he has now finished moving all his equipment, including his magnesium foundry, to Romania.
    Italian tax legislation made it impossible for him to make a profit, so he felt forced to move out.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    The racetrack is the ultimate tool, the dyno being the second most representative.

Yeah,, only problem i ain´t got a track in my garage =)

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    It's already been done. Last week Andrea told me that he has now finished moving all his equipment, including his magnesium foundry, to Romania.
    Italian tax legislation made it impossible for him to make a profit, so he felt forced to move out.
    Will he still be active in contruction of 2 stroke competition engines ? The 125cc kart market seems to become a TM-only market...

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1962 View Post
    Will he still be active in contruction of 2 stroke competition engines ? The 125cc kart market seems to become a TM-only market...
    Yes he will. And it's true that TM has a firm grip on the 125 cc shifter kart market, although DEA has a beautiful KZ125 engine; the only one in its class with a balance shaft and a coolant pump, while all other engines rely on a rear axle-driven pump that does nothing for engine cooling when you are gassing it on the start line.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEA 125 KZ 2015-01.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	338853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEA 125 KZ 2015-02.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	338854Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEA 125 KZ 2015-03.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	338855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEA 125 KZ 2015-05.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	338856

Bike
    TM
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1962 View Post
    But yesterday Patrik Hajek became FIA ​​Karting World Champion with a VORTEX engine.
    Maybe more vortex from now on :P

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by tdc211 View Post
    And what changes combustion efficeny?
    The density?
    What I can see in sim is that if you are flowing at higher speeds you can see that the smaller transfer is picking up speed further down in the transfer because of it seems to have a less tendency to choke as we approach the transfer port . You can begin to see it after about 0.0008 sec. On the left incompressible, right compressible, up speed and down pressure / density. If this would have any effect in reality then it should start to be clear after 10000 rpm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skärmavbild 2018-09-10 kl. 12.03.53.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	264.8 KB 
ID:	338857  
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Thread Information