Page 2049 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 10491549194919992039204720482049205020512059209921492549 ... LastLast
Results 30,721 to 30,735 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    2001 kx250

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    Devo,

Not many if any.

Whip it good...

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    OK one more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180728-WA0000.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	339118  
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Moped
    Anyone who has a wire diagram for a Tm MX 125 2018. Especially powervalv and ignition side?
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    OK one more
    it see why Every man and his dog has one of those now https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075W5NKL7
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    variety
    i think it was katinas wanted a cylinder in 65cc. i guess there is now ktm copies

https://www.ebay.com/itm/65SX-KTM-Cy....c100935.m2460

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    2015 ... BRC EFI 250 twin supercart dyno demo https://youtu.be/dNat9ZwWbq8

BRC used two injectors and alternated between them in a manner similar to KTM's Patent application.

Links sent to me by Husaburg.

http://www.twostrokemotocross.com/fo...?topic=5482.30
    he showed pics earlier of the kawasaki
    http://www.twostrokemotocross.com/fo...p?topic=4884.0

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130571193

One link shows the YZ injectors and in another a very dirty well used YZ that demonstrates the system works.

Attachment 339054Attachment 339055

Both the EFI Kawasaki and EFI Yamaha YZ250 were dyno tested on Team ESE's Dynojet in March 2010. Obviously the concept and bikes were well known before then, I just don't have dates and links, but others might.

To protect Flettners idea of improving 2S's and keeping the concept available as open source for better 2S development by any manufacturer wanting to explore 2S EFI.

It is important for as many people as possible to send info to places that talk about KTM's so called novel idea and to the Patent Office. Trade journalists and the Patent Office can't be expected to do all the heavy lifting on their own discovering what else was out there before KTM.

KTM's German Patent Application number:- DE 10 2017 102 792 A1 2018.08.16DE 10 2017 102 792 A1 2018.08.16

I need other peoples help with this, I need people to discover links and send them to the Patent Office. Thanks.

Found one earlier on ESE 2012
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130400306

Rob did you weld on an extension to the gearbox on one of the TF or GP gearbox mainshafts
    i can't find the post?
    Anyone ever made a mainshaft longer for a dry clutch or similar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Anyone ever made a mainshaft longer for a dry clutch or similar?
    Yes, 1980's RD400 to 1970's RD350 conversion for a TZ dry clutch and better ratios in the TZ350.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RD to TZ conversion.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	914.7 KB 
ID:	339144

The RD has a 60mm clutch shaft and it needs to be 90mm long for the TZ dry clutch. So the RD350 nose was cut off and had an oil hole and "O" ring grove added then the RD400 shaft was spigot-ed into it.

The RD400/250 or LC350/250 or RZ ratios work well in a TZ. 1st is a help in getting off the line and the other ratios are suitable spaced. The LC has only 3 selectors so some case mods are required if you are fitting it to a earlier RD. The other box's with 4 selectors are easier to work with. The TZ cylinder base was skimmed 0.75mm to get the exhaust duration at 196 and the squish was set to 0.8, ignition 1.8mm BTDC. This got rid of the TZ power band light switch effect and made for a very fast and ride-able bike.

5 speed TS125 to GP125 conversion that shows the basic idea.

Page 1680 ...... C

Modifying an early five speed Suzuki TS gear cluster to fit the GP.

Name:	TS-GP Gear Box modification.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	373.9 KB 
ID:	339143

Anneal both TS and GP input shafts.
    Drill the center through the TS shaft for the clutch push rod.
    Spigot the TS shaft with a press fit into the cut off end of the old GP shaft.
    Weld the two shafts. Be careful to tack in several places to pull and hold the shafts straight.
    Clean the weld and polish the shaft until the input shaft bearing slips on easily.
    Case harden to a depth of 0.005" or so.

The two left hand output shaft forks need building up with bronze.
    They must be built up on the inner face only, ie the center line of the original fork is offset.
    Top and bottom forks are offset towards each other, ie the center lines are closer together.
    And the fork ends are thicker for the wider grove in the TS output shafts sliding dogs .
    The input shaft fork on the right does not need any bronze but it needs to be opened up a bit to fit the slightly larger diameter TS sliding dog.

The GP box has a big gap between 2nd and 3rd, the TS is much better.

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Attachment 336531Attachment 336532Attachment 336533Attachment 336534Attachment 336535

Comparison of transfer port angles between a Honda RS125 NF4 and NSR250 MC21 cylinder.
    TZ350,

Could you please either measure or post a section through the export above the transfers so we can get the angle of the expassage similar to this one that is next to the transfer ports?

Name:	NF4 ExPassage Lower Angles.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	339151

Bike
    Peugeot spx

I'm back!

Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Hey, where's Adegnes our favourite Norwegian shed drinking scooter fiend these days?
    Thanks, and thanks for asking!
    I just finished catching up, almost two years.

Been busy, mostly due to kids, and the youtube thing has surpassed anything I would have imagined. I'm having a hard time keeping up with all emails, comments, messages etc.(With hard time I mean I'm not keeping up...)

Recent events made me realize I had to get up to date on what's going on.

It all started with the idea of running the Spx with the cylinder rotated 90° and closing off the exhaust side of the wristpin, thereby being able to run full width aux ex ports without short circuiting.
    Posted a video about it and Mark Atkinson(video a few pages back) left a comment saying he could make me a piston after race season.
    Neels sent me a link to Marks vid just a few hours later(Thanks Neels), funny coincidence!

You saw the piston, no need for rotating the cylinder anymore.

Then I had the idea of restraining the ring with pins, allowing it to move just enough to seal well, but not enough to catch in a 100% of bore single exhaust port. Posted another video.
    Wobbly watched it(thanks for watching!) and sent Mark this link http://iffitech.com/project/gp-piston/ which he forwarded to me.

Much better than my pin idea!
    Mark is thinking about incorporating it in his design.

Do anyone know anything about this stepped ring design? Have it been run with a really, really wide port successfully? Does it seal well?

Clickbait titles, I know...
    Feels great to be back! Now to the other two threads...
    Btw, Hollaendaren, are you on here?
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Thanks, and thanks for asking!
    I just finished catching up, almost two years.

Been busy, mostly due to kids, and the youtube thing has surpassed anything I would have imagined. I'm having a hard time keeping up with all emails, comments, messages etc.(With hard time I mean I'm not keeping up...)

Recent events made me realize I had to get up to date on what's going on.

It all started with the idea of running the Spx with the cylinder rotated 90° and closing off the exhaust side of the wristpin, thereby being able to run full width aux ex ports without short circuiting.
    Posted a video about it and Mark Atkinson(video a few pages back) left a comment saying he could make me a piston after race season.
    Neels sent me a link to Marks vid just a few hours later(Thanks Neels), funny coincidence!

You saw the piston, no need for rotating the cylinder anymore.

Then I had the idea of restraining the ring with pins, allowing it to move just enough to seal well, but not enough to catch in a 100% of bore single exhaust port. Posted another video.
    Wobbly watched it(thanks for watching!) and sent Mark this link http://iffitech.com/project/gp-piston/ which he forwarded to me.

Much better than my pin idea!
    Mark is thinking about incorporating it in his design.

Do anyone know anything about this stepped ring design? Have it been run with a really, really wide port successfully? Does it seal well?

Clickbait titles, I know...
    Feels great to be back! Now to the other two threads...
    Btw, Hollaendaren, are you on here?
    so the stepped ring piston looks like a two part piston. top of piston screws into the body and keeps the edge of the ring housed in a recess. or am i seeing wrongly?

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    so the stepped ring piston looks like a two part piston. top of piston screws into the body and keeps the edge of the ring housed in a recess. or am i seeing wrongly?
    Yep, exactly what you said.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    -
    I like it. In which direction is the step facing on these pistons? To the head or to the case? Did they encounter resonance effects at some ring dimensions / weight / rpm combination? And how do you avoid that both these piston parts become loose?

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Haufen View Post
    I like it. In which direction is the step facing on these pistons? To the head or to the case? Did they encounter resonance effects at some ring dimensions / weight / rpm combination? And how do you avoid that both these piston parts become loose?
    I'm as blank as you are... Got a mail from someone who said he was involved in testing, asked a bunch of questions, waiting for a reply.
    The step should face down I suppose for the ring to work properly, looks like that in the pics too.
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Missed seeing the reverse dykes ring bit. I had Moriwaki 2-ring pistons in my Z1. the motor turned over easily and made noticeably more power. Has a few other bits added as well so not totally the pistons and rings.

Bike
    TZ400
    I worked for Savice in China on a mini MX bike project, that company gained the patent for the reversed L ring concept.
    The ring is a reversed Dykes,with the vertical leg facing down.
    This enables the combustion pressure from above to force the ring down ( as normal ) but also outward against the restraining slot wall ).
    Thus it works the same as a Dykes,the additional wall friction prevents ring flutter at any rpm, the very reason the L ring was used in 20,000 rpm kart engines.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Thread Information