Page 2056 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 10561556195620062046205420552056205720582066210621562556 ... LastLast
Results 30,826 to 30,840 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    As i had a lot of problems with foaming fuel i´m trying a new approach, dunno if it´s working yet.
    I had the carb(another one, a vm44, very heavy) mounted in a silicone hose, and it vibrated very freely and also had some harmonics that added a lot of movement.
    So i figured, the engine doesn´t move as much as the carb did.
    So my new approach is to mount the carb more rigid, so less movement is allowed, still vibrations will ofcourse be transfered,
    But i guess the 'sinuscurve' of the movement will be less.

There are also a 'stuffer' protruding into the reedcage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	insug.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	339268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuffer.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	339270

Stuffer not 100% complete yet.

Bike
    TZ400
    Really interested to hear what jet mods were done to get the downdraft carb to work on the 2T.
    I got close by replicating the needle/tube areas from a PWM , but never overcome the wierd issue that only one ( rich ) slide cutaway is available for normal 4T use ( along with a accelerator pump ).
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    1988, Yamaha RD350 YPVS
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    [...]
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/a...4&d=1322335047
    the third a rendering of the tiny alternator, using NdFeB magnet material out of a F&P Smartdrive.
    Hi Wob,
    do you recall what size the outer Diameter of the rotor was and how much electrical power was to gain with it?
    Thanks!
    Tim

Bike
    TZ400
    The OD of the rotor was a 40mm stainless ring.
    On the bench it would produce 6A using a clamp gauge, dead shorted at 12,000 rpm.
    The open circuit voltage was 80V at 12,000.
    Used the reg/rec off a late model TZ250 Yamaha.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Really interested to hear what jet mods were done to get the downdraft carb to work on the 2T.
    I got close by replicating the needle/tube areas from a PWM , but never overcome the wierd issue that only one ( rich ) slide cutaway is available for normal 4T use ( along with a accelerator pump ).
    I have modified the throttle a lot to beeing able to tune the cutaway.
    The 'venturi ring' in the carb is gone, and i have replaced it with two slides that protrude into the slidebore, and then i have made a 'small' normal throttle inside the hollow throttle, just to look more alike a lectron, but with two 'throttleblades' instead of one in a lectron(that exposes the needle to vaccum)
    Then the 'vaccumplate' on the throttle is mounted solid.
    Acceleratorpump is deleted.
    The tube and needle is as you did, copied from a PWM.

And finally, it´s supposed to run on methanol in dragraing, perfect carburation on low loads isn´t very important

Bike
    1988, Yamaha RD350 YPVS
    Blog Entries
    The OD of the rotor was a 40mm stainless ring.
    On the bench it would produce 6A using a clamp gauge, dead shorted at 12,000 rpm.
    The open circuit voltage was 80V at 12,000.
    Used the reg/rec off a late model TZ250 Yamaha.
    Whow. Thats more juice than i hoped for.
    Did you put them all in a line or "classical" as a Y-connection?

Thanks to Ebay you can buy neodym magnets in any shape rightaway.
    And thanks for 3D printing and lasercutting I can easily built the stator to suit.

Thanks wob!

Bike
    TZ400
    The coils were all in series , and we changed wire diameter and turns numbers to get what I thought was needed.
    Our ECU pulled around 4A @ 14.2V so going for 6A seemed about right, tho clever buggers told me the actual " power " of the unit depended
    upon the current and voltage under load - never measured it as it worked straight up.
    The whole stator was vacuum impregnated with Araldite , as that process was used at Buckleys to make magnet assemblies for medical scanners and the ion beam lines for chip manufacture.
    The stator plates were laser cut from a special grain orientated steel, and the NdFeB magnets wire cut from an F & P SmartDrive assembly - they magnetized them after cutting.

Bike
    kart

Kzr1

Hi Wobbly
    someone has posted on FB photos of what is supposedly the next homolagated kz engine from TM called the
    KZ R1 . Is this the engine that you have had some input into regarding its design and if so , now that it will be available for sale in december are you able to detail some of the differences between this engine and the current model
    In regard to the B/C engines do you prefer to use the cylindrical roller main bearing or to change to a micro blue ball bearing race and are you allowed to machine the outer dia of a crank half

Cheers Richard

Bike
    husaberg
    I seen a blurb about one of the homol 125's karts now having a very much shorter rod now.
    Modena i haven't read it yet.
    https://www.tkart.it/en/toolbox/kart...gth-compared2/

Bike
    TZ400
    If you look at the homologation papers the crank OD is detailed, so you cant change it , but with the C model bigger pin I wouldnt do it anyway.

The R1 engine design is what i was working on , not allowed to say what is different - except the pipe of course as many would know already.
    Much of the really good stuff is being kept for the factory versions , so you wont see any of that for quite some time.
    But you can obviously see that the gear shafts have been rotated , down at the back.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    I seen a blurb about one of the homol 125's karts now having a very much shorter rod now.
    Modena i haven't read it yet.
    https://www.tkart.it/en/toolbox/kart...gth-compared2/
    Looking forward to hear back from you when you've read it!
    Wonder what the fluid dynamics and resonance advantages are with the shorter rod? Shorter transfer ducts?

Btw, I'm picking up an old Kiln this weekend, and a 3D printer should arrive monday. Plan is to cast cylinders with lost PLA. Won't be too long until I can start testing my more or less stupid ideas! Really fighting with fusion360 though, found a way to get the transfers right pretty effectively with a combination of revolve and extrude, but the exhaust port/duct is difficult. If only it was possible to loft from a curved plane/face.
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    TZ400
    You only have to look at the latest results in Europe to see what engines got the rod right.
    TM ( still on top ) kept the 109.8 length ( a mistake made many years ago , it should have been 110 ), Vortex in the last few events have made a big comeback with the 115 rod.
    Modena - nowhere.
    But Vortex have already had their new homologation , the TM R1 new version wont be seen till next year.

I tried the rollers in the B, but due to the 20mm pin flex it shat the main bearings several times.
    In the C the bigger pin causes less roller wear, but you MUST have a dead straight crank ( under 0.002mm both sides ) or the crank oscillates back and forth within the end play , then the bearing lock up.
    Yes I prefer the Micro Blue ball , never had one die , and a tiny ( but repeatable )increase in measured power - all for way less cost.
    The only technical upside to the rollers is they have double the theoretical dynamic load capability,but in practice the increase in rolling friction and the huge sensitivity to end loading just isnt worth it as they for
    sure dont last twice as long.

Bike
    1964 Vespa GS
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    If only it was possible to loft from a curved plane/face.
    Use patch mode to create a surface off your port solid or parts of it. then use thicken off the surface to create the wall solid.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsClunkThud View Post
    Use patch mode to create a surface off your port solid or parts of it. then use thicken off the surface to create the wall solid.
    Thanks, I'll play with it tonight.
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    yzf 250
    Why Homologation Wobb

If much of the really good stuff is being kept for the factory versions

Thread Information