Page 2058 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 10581558195820082048205620572058205920602068210821582558 ... LastLast
Results 30,856 to 30,870 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    Then I would probably do as before but in sculpt environment and adjusting it whoever wishes
    Good idea, thanks!
    Haven't used sculpt at all yet.
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    Moped
    I wonder if somebody has tampered with TPS and 3d ignition curve and if so you notice any major improvement in throttle respons after a long throttle let off.
    If it's worth the trouble.
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    TZ400
    The 3D map allows you to take timing out when pulling low/med rpm with little throttle opening.
    This is where the engine will deto if running up around 28* in a single curve map.
    But 28* is what you want when at low/mid rpm under the pipe , when at full or near full throttle.
    This gives way better throttle response.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The 3D map allows you to take timing out when pulling low/med rpm with little throttle opening.
    This is where the engine will deto if running up around 28* in a single curve map.
    But 28* is what you want when at low/mid rpm under the pipe , when at full or near full throttle.
    Thank Wobbly
    The thought was that it would be used for an engine with quick shift and electronic power jet. There is more an on/off throttle application with fairly long throttle let off.
    So the idea was that you could clean up a little in the barrel if needed.
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    yamaha
    We run up to 34 degrees on the jetskis

Bike
    a lot
    Also you avoid having a "racing idlespeed". This occures while having ~30° with a single map. The engine does not fall lower than that whilst beeing hot.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Isn´t 28* a bold statement as every engine is unique?
    Or was it just an example?

A rule of thumb in foulstroke engines is the less time to burn the more advance needed, and the less 'filled cylinder' the more advance needed.
    And ofcourse vice versa on both.

This two combined creates a curve both with boosted engines as unboosted.

Wouldn´t it be the same in twostrokes?
    but with one change, the more pipe the less ignition needed(like a ignitionretard on boosted foulstroke engines)

Bike
    TZ400
    The 28* was just an example, but is very advanced for any engine with a single curve map when there is the possibility of any time spent at part throttle with that timing..
    Jetski engines do run well over this to get the snap throttle response, but are never run in that zone for any length of time at part throttle , and the fast acceleration rate ensures no damage occurs.
    Rob had this very issue on one of the ESE bikes , where the best power advance on the dyno would deto like hell on the track in the mid range , when it wasnt accelerating quickly at full throttle.
    A 3D map makes fixing this issue easy.
    A 2T essentially needs an ignition " curve " the inverse of the bmep , thus as the pipe efficiency increases ( along with the PV opening if used ) the dynamic compression increases dramatically and as
    has been mentioned many times , when everything is in sync at peak , then we tend to end up with 15* advance.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Moped
    Another thing I think might be worth mentioning as below.
    very rough numbers but.

10,000 rpm and exhaust port opening time of 0.003s and 780mm pipe = 400 c °
    11,000 rpm and exhaust port opening time of 0.0027s and 780mm pipe = 565 c °
    12,000 rpm and exhaust port opening time of 0.0025s and 780mm pipe = 700 c °

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Good idea, thanks!
    Haven't used sculpt at all yet.
    Another way to do that, progressive radius on top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skärmavbild 2018-10-31 kl. 16.39.26.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	360.2 KB 
ID:	339305  

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Another way to do that, progressive radius on top.
    Funny - exactly what I just started playing with!
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by adegnes View Post
    Funny - exactly what I just started playing with!
    You could of course project from a negative at the desired angel
    works perfect! Sometimes I'm a bit stupid

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    You could of course project from a negative at the desired angle
    Clever! Thanks!
    Two strokes & rum!

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Rob had this very issue on one of the ESE bikes , where the best power advance on the dyno would deto like hell on the track in the mid range , when it wasn't accelerating quickly at full throttle. A 3D map makes fixing this issue easy.
    Sure did, great torque curve on the dyno. At Kaitoki Kel blasted it around the track great guns in practice and for qualifying. I was pretty sure we were going to kick arse but the engine died from detonation just trickling around the track during warm up for the main race. Had a similar problem at Taupo a couple of weeks earlier. A TPS and 3D ignition map sorted it.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350

cnc milled cylinders

I finally setup and start production of 5-axis milled cylinders.
    Heads and "spiral" resonators should be ready soon.

Thread Information