Page 2062 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 10621562196220122052206020612062206320642072211221622562 ... LastLast
Results 30,916 to 30,930 of 39426

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by wax View Post
    Damn this engine mod I cant get past the exhaust pipe error
    " There is a section with a zero length that has to be fixed"
    I start a new exhaust and straight away i get this. Before I throw this thing out the window does anyone have a help please
    Create a pack file, send it to me with an explanation of the error and I will fix it. It is part of the standard service when purchasing the software.

Bike
    TZ400
    The effect that having an efficiently working squish ( up at 38M/s ) is to increase the turbulence of the compressing mixture, around TDC.
    This increases burn speed thru the chamber and is all but exactly the same as adding static advance.
    This can be offset at higher rpm by retarding the timing in this area , to get heat back in the pipe.
    Retarding the whole curve by just moving the stator is not effective as this reduces the additional midrange Hp advantage gained.
    Adding flywheel inertia ( not just mass ) will increase overev capability ,up to a point , then simple physics dictates that it takes too much additional energy to accelerate
    that increased rotational inertia and Hp suffers as a result.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Vannik View Post
    Create a pack file, send it to me with an explanation of the error and I will fix it. It is part of the standard service when purchasing the software.
    I got it sorted, thanks it was my own dumb fault. The software is awesome, I am using an evaluation copy at the moment but I will be buying t when the month is over. It took a while to get started and to figure it out but now that I am making headway I can see the weak area in my engine and I can work on that to improve. The great thing is I can move other stuff around to try and bring them all into balance. No point having a massive power potential in one when you cant use it because of another bottle neck.
    Im not so sure on the suggested carb size as I have found good low end gains by going larger. But the rest seems to be very good. I have not yet got into the wave diagrams every one posts up here

Bike
    yamaha
    Hey i have put my engine into engmod.
    It seems i have a massive issue with the exhaust port but i can fix that. I think.
    anyway to get my transfers to flow anywhere close to what im after i have to put them at 130 degrees of open time.
    My sta for the blow down is still more than the transfers flow. it seems high to run the transfers, should i still just go for it ??

Bike
    RC51
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    In reality I would never even think of actually building any engine with an MSV down at less than mid 30M/s as hundreds of dyno runs have proven that the strategy of optimizing
    this variable by first using the minimum allowable mechanical depth ( just short of piston clipping ) and then varying the width ( usually around 50% ) to achieve a theoretical 38M/s always works best.
    Wobbly - As Mr. Box put it, "Essentially, all models are wrong, but some are useful." I'm not doubting your methodology and test results, in fact I believe those more than a model. I'm just trying to understand if the model was reflecting what you've found throughout the years. Maybe there are benefits the model doesn't account for? I'm not really sure what factors go into EngMod, besides TUbMax, octane, etc., when predicting detonation. You've mentioned with tight squish, approaching zero, there isn't any mixture left to detonate. If TUbMax approaches critical detonation temperature, but there's nothing, or very very little, left in the squish maybe detonation doesn't happen in real life? Perhaps Neels can comment on the detonation prediction for a special case of near-zero squish.

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by wax View Post
    Hey i have put my engine into engmod.
    It seems i have a massive issue with the exhaust port but i can fix that. I think.
    anyway to get my transfers to flow anywhere close to what im after i have to put them at 130 degrees of open time.
    My sta for the blow down is still more than the transfers flow. it seems high to run the transfers, should i still just go for it ??
    i havent any idea what cylinder youve got but you might try widening them before raising them to the clouds. right now im in the process of doing just that, so the B can farther around back. of course these shitters have no excess material to work with so i have to cut open the water jacket and weld. finished welding couple days ago and just need to cap the holes. photo is after cutting the windows but before any welding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181109_132201.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	818.6 KB 
ID:	339487  

Bike
    yamaha
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    i havent any idea what cylinder youve got but you might try widening them before raising them to the clouds. right now im in the process of doing just that, so the B can farther around back. of course these shitters have no excess material to work with so i have to cut open the water jacket and weld. finished welding couple days ago and just need to cap the holes. photo is after cutting the windows but before any welding
    There isnt much in the way of room to widen them. My sta for blow down is more than enough for the projected power.
    So i figured that it would be ok ??

Bike
    zuma50
    I've always wondered why the OEM's would run 2mm of squish clearance on they're motors?

Last generation of Honda CR 250R motocross single cylinder was notorious for this.

What was their reasoning?

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny quest View Post
    I've always wondered why the OEM's would run 2mm of squish clearance on they're motors?

Last generation of Honda CR 250R motocross single cylinder was notorious for this.

What was their reasoning?
    Production tolerences, they have to allow for the worst combination of parts
    cylinder length
    conrod length
    piston height
    gasket thickness. etc

if you add in the tallestest and thickest of these parts what was set at 1mm can become 0.0mm rather quick.
    pistons and big ends and crankpins are coded in dia size to accommodate production variance but not in length.
    As it was the last models Honda likely also got sloppier than normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    zuma50
    I used to think that too, Husa.

But 2mm! I've checked the squish on many of these stock, and they're all the same. I don't think it's production tolerance they were after

Bike
    zuma50
    Has anyone tried port filling with map gas and aluminum brazing rod?

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miniature VSD Drive.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	557.4 KB 
ID:	339489 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Micro Peristaltic Pump.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	457.1 KB 
ID:	339490

Made a direct big end oiling pump for the Beast from a micro peristaltic pump and mini VSD drive.

Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Attachment 339318 ... direct B/E oiling modification.
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Attachment 339239 back together again after replacing the rod kit and using a special crank pin Flettner made for me that has direct posi lube oiling to the big end.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I used to think that too, Husa.

But 2mm! I've checked the squish on many of these stock, and they're all the same. I don't think it's production tolerance they were after
    I used to believe Graham Bell's explanation (1st testament, the bit people have to take with a grain of salt.. . .still waiting for 2nd. Just throwing it out there ). But without exception every bike I've checked if any got slightly near a reasonable squish through these means (tolerance stack up), the compression ratio would cause a string of detonation warranty claims that didn't go away with new parts.

My GasGas 300 for example cut to a safe 1mm was edging towards 17:1. You have to twist thick solder together to get a measurement as its well over 2mm.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    variety
    Has anyone tried port filling with map gas and aluminum brazing rod?
    few yrs ago before i bought a welder i tried the braze rod and map gas on some scrap cylinders. im no professional with that stuff but its not very suitable for engine stuff, other than maybe plugging a casting pinhole on the exterior, but epoxy could plug the hole just as easy and be cheaper and less hassle

when doing build up, which is near impossible, the previous layer of rod will melt off like solder when trying to apply a top layer. its weird stuff and a pain in the neck imo. also it doesnt fuse into the parent material like a weld does either. seems like ive got some still laying around if you want it but for god sakes just dont try sending it back to me

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	High - Low.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	697.7 KB 
ID:	339493
    I have finally got the simulator working and the modified Speeduino code that reads the MAP sensor working properly.

I now have a fuel injection system that measures the high and low pressures in a two strokes crankcase and displays the difference as a valid MAP reading that the Speeduino can use in its other tables. Currently no other fuel injection system uses this approach.

The next step is to get the Speeduino hardware installed on the bike and give it a twirl on the dyno to see if we have got rid of that pesky problem with coming back on the throttle again after shutting off from a WOT run. This throttle response problem has been what has defeated previous attempts by many people who have tried their hand at fuel injecting high performance two strokes. If my idea of using the difference between high and low crankcase pressure as a MAP value works. It will be as far as I know the worlds first ever publicly accessible EFI firmware that works for high performance two strokes that run above 10,000rpm and make more than 10bar BMEP by heavily relying on their pipe resonance for making power.

The MAP value varies depending on the difference between the High and Low pressures in the 2S crankcase. Close the throttle and the difference is less and the MAP value is lower. Open the throttle and the difference increases and the MAP value goes up. Just like it does with a 4T.

Thread Information