Page 2074 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 10741574197420242064207220732074207520762084212421742574 ... LastLast
Results 31,096 to 31,110 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Here are a couple more pictures to go with yours. They're Aprilia RSA, but you would know that, wouldn't you Peewee?
    yes. i cant think of any better engine to copy

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    You are right, it was a mix-up of old and new versions. Thanks for pointing it out. Here is the correct version.
    Cool, thanks Frits. Had me worried there for a minute...

Bike
    -
    You are right, it was a mix-up of old and new versions. Thanks for pointing it out. Here is the correct version.
    Attachment 339970
    thanks. What led to these changes?

Bike
    KR1S, KX500, gamma500, tomos
    For aux exhaust ports being few degrees lower from main benefits power curve, but what if we have to use much lower angles, say 160-175°, is it better to open all ports at the same time to have all possible blowdown or few degrees after would benefit power, same as for larger openings?

This is exhaust ports arrangement for my endurance moped, aux are four degrees late, floor is 4 mm above transfers bottomline, as cylinder casting was like that.
    Because dyno is impossible to reach around here I'm using straight road ,marked with two points, gps, mychron with plug temp and always same chain ratio. So small changes leading to bigger result is almost impossible to notice.
    Hope not interrupting some serious talk here cause You guys are more R&D department...me.. trying to build competitive bike from semi-product but not giving up

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by yatasaki View Post
    Because dyno is impossible to reach around here I'm using straight road ,marked with two points, gps, mychron with plug temp and always same chain ratio. So small changes leading to bigger result is almost impossible to notice. Hope not interrupting some serious talk here cause You guys are more R&D department...me.. trying to build competitive bike from semi-product but not giving up
    I am impressed by your work, and the way you are trying to solve the problems of developing your bike, you fit right in here......

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by katinas View Post
    Some results from testing with direct intake from carb to transfers windows ( via crankcase )on Honda NS cylinder.
    No problems with big end lubrication Katinas?

Quote Originally Posted by yatasaki View Post
    For aux exhaust ports being few degrees lower from main benefits power curve, but what if we have to use much lower angles, say 160-175°, is it better to open all ports at the same time to have all possible blowdown or few degrees after would benefit power, same as for larger openings?
    I would think that all exhaust ports should have a minimum of 190° timing. So if your main exhaust port has 190° timing, the auxiliary ports should also have those 190°.

Quote Originally Posted by yatasaki
    This is exhaust ports arrangement for my endurance moped, aux are four degrees late, floor is 4 mm above transfers bottomline, as cylinder casting was like that.
    4 mm has no meaning to me without knowing at least your engine's stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by yatasaki
    Hope not interrupting some serious talk here cause You guys are more R&D department...me.. trying to build competitive bike from semi-product but not giving up
    I completely agree with TZ350. You fit right in.
    I just wasted a couple of hours trying to keep up with all the rubbish that is written in a Facebook group called "2 Stroke research & development".
    After that, it's a delight turning to Kiwibiker and meeting with some sense.
    I wonder: would Einstein have had some Facebook-experience?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Albert Einstein - infinite stupidity.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	339990

Bike
    KR1S, KX500, gamma500, tomos
    Feeling already warmer, thanks TZ and Frits..
    Regarding exh duration...our mopeds (for serial class)are restricted to 16.5ish mm carb diameter, (widened dellorto SHA, Bing ) alltogether intake length 65-70 mm, mopeds are mostly 60 +/-2 cc, stroke 43. Anyone appears with duration more than 175° will use his clutch untill burn and will finish last. (Maybe gear ratios posted on previous page would explain situation further for rev drop) For open class you are allowed any diameter and any type of carb so exh duration are 180-194° BUT expenses between these two classes are at least trippled...
    When asked "what are yours timings" nobody used to believe me.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    thank you sir. without any cutting or welding I believe these cylinders do a bit over 100hp on methanol, that's what ive heard any way. but I think I can do better than that. if nothing else, atleast Ill gain more welding and fabrication experience for later down the road on other projects . theres a few more things I wanted to do , like raise the exh floor since its so low but that would add a fair bit more time so I decided against it. transfers have very little up angle going into the cyl so ill likely put epoxy in there. ill keep updating as I go, will have five more days off work next week and should be able to make quit a bit more progress
    I was meant to post this ages ago i think i described the construction only at the time.
    Notice the oval to round transition
    This is one piece but would be pretty easy to fabricate out of a thick wall pipe and flange. Pipe turned down on outside afterwards.

Name:	20181227_163213.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	519.8 KB 
ID:	339993Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181227_163153.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	764.7 KB 
ID:	339994Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181227_163222.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	348.1 KB 
ID:	339992Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181227_163249a.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	433.9 KB 
ID:	339997
    4 spring holes
    3 turtle doves
    two locating dowels
    and two o-rings for belts and braces safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    To find what you want, try the Google "site:" search option.

Also take a look at pages 1,500 and 2,000.
    Thank you TZ. Was too busy reading on pit- lane and that dreaded fb site haha, will be searching for that gold now.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    https://www.goodfood.com.au/good-living/entertaining/dinner-party-ideas-what-do-chefs-cook-when-they-have-friends-over-for-dinner-20170220-gugulj

Attachment 339887

This thread is like a good show and tell dinner party where people put something on the table to share, ideas, talk, and laughter with friends.

Enjoying whats on the table is good and sharing makes it better.

Andreas please tell us something about your project.
    I very much agree. Say I'm backyard tuner, its a rd 125 converted to 175, 130/ 198 three port, yz 125 reeds, vm 38. I'm trying to get a good 'grip' on the pipe functions, this one I have is kind of based on Blair, This far I get good tourqe but it's reluctant to rev. Happy holidays. Pipe litterary welded on the parking lot.

Bike
    TZ400
    You are right again Frits, I have given up even going onto " 2 stroke R&D " site - as I told them im not interested in a dick measuring discussion
    that seems to be the general tone of those self made men praising their makers.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    1964 Vespa GS
    Question about transfer port profiles.

Having gathered that a constant radius and a tapering port area are desirable I've been working with two offset circles to define a shape that meets this. So far I've been sizing the rest of it to give the desired entrance to exit area ratio. But depending on the length of the port this can result in a wide range in the taper.

So, is there an ideal taper that should drive the design? Or is the area ratio more important? Or is it a balance where both are important? Or does the smaller radius needs more taper to keep the flow attached?

To illustrate the point I've drawn two "ports" with the same area ratio but vastly different taper.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 12.38.21 .png 
Views:	190 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	339998

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    I very much agree. Say I'm backyard tuner, its a rd 125 converted to 175, 130/ 198 three port, yz 125 reeds, vm 38. I'm trying to get a good 'grip' on the pipe functions, this one I have is kind of based on Blair, This far I get good tourqe but it's reluctant to rev. Happy holidays. Pipe litterary welded on the parking lot.
    Seems like a chunk of money but an ignitech can remove large swathes of ignition restrictions in a single move. Not sure local setup but there's a German shop bikeside that sell on ebay, I bought several CR250 ones when Wob couldn't get any at the time. They are all the same (DCCDI)P2 in that kit, but do check they are.
    Hmm, looks like single but should be fine anyway

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IGNITECH-pr...cAAOSwbdpWWzV4

That header pipe looks a billion miles long.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Seems like a chunk of money but an ignitech can remove large swathes of ignition restrictions in a single move. Not sure local setup but there's a German shop bikeside that sell on ebay, I bought several CR250 ones when Wob couldn't get any at the time. They are all the same (DCCDI)P2 in that kit, but do check they are.
    Hmm, looks like single but should be fine anyway

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IGNITECH-pr...cAAOSwbdpWWzV4

That header pipe looks a billion miles long.
    Thanks Dave, I do consider a modern ignition, gonna look in the link. And yes it's rather long, it was intended for recreational use primarily and is shorter now.

Bike
    2006, KTM, 250 SX
    I just wasted a couple of hours trying to keep up with all the rubbish that is written in a Facebook group called "2 Stroke research & development".
    After that, it's a delight turning to Kiwibiker and meeting with some sense.
    I Wonder: would Einstein have had some Facebook-experience?

Name:	Albert Einstein - infinite stupidity.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	161.2 KB 
ID:	339990
    I think I know which thread inspired that quote, amazing...

Thread Information