Page 2078 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 10781578197820282068207620772078207920802088212821782578 ... LastLast
Results 31,156 to 31,170 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Just swapped my older zeelltronic for an Ignitech on my RZ/CPI 496. Man what a difference. Mainly for servo operation but ease of use immensely.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    2002 Aprlia RS125
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    The Kawasaki tandems that ran at Daytona one year had the oil levels lowered to prevent the oil splashing against the inner crankcase. with this mod they held their power longer.
    i wonder if a plate kind of like a windage tray that stops the hot oil hitting the inner crank side would help. On bike where you cant water cool the cases.
    Along with that Russian ceramic paint emot has on both inner surfaces.
    Attachment 340083
    Another GP trick is to run separate oil for the clutch and gearbox just block up the holes between both that is where most of the heat actually comes from or better still make a dry clutch. this way you can run different levels
    You have already stopped the friction from running the gears through a trough of oil with your gearbox oil pump set up so only need the oil to touch the bottom of the primary gears
    the Kawa tandems They also ran 7 speed gearboxs at Daytona as the rules never said you couldn't that way if the wind changed on the bowl they would still be gear correct.

ps Remember how finned the air cooled Suzuki twins and triples crankcases were. bloody heavy and hard to cast but they did it. i dont think it was just fashion

Greeves t i think used to run a ducted cavity between the bolt up gearbox
    Frits posted a pic with the big Germans 50 with the massive weld on fins on the crankcase for some simpson? air cooled class
    Attachment 340080Attachment 340081Attachment 340082

a lot of Little tings add up.
    You have sparked my interest about a dry clutch. How possible is it to convert a normal clutch to dry if there is not a bolt on kit. I assume you need different clutch plates and they won’t last as long (but that’s ok). What else do you need to think about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by flyonly View Post
    You have sparked my interest about a dry clutch. How possible is it to convert a normal clutch to dry if there is not a bolt on kit. I assume you need different clutch plates and they won’t last as long (but that’s ok). What else do you need to think about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Generally you need a longer mainshaft for room to make and fit seal behind the clutch to seal off the primary gears it also needs a two piece clutch hub.
    TZ detailed how to do the longer mainshaft about 3 months ago.
    You will need to make a cover to accommodate the seal and depending on if the clutch is pull or pusgh the actuating mechanism the release bearing needs to be sealed as well

So unless you already have a already fully developed race bike not worth the expense or effort, its the icing on the cake racer than the basic recipe boiled potatoes
    Old pommy shit boxs are easy its harder to keep the oil in than out they slso have a Chain primary that you convert to belt drive.
    pulp based plates seem to be fine wet or dry. Cork burns Aermacchi used to use bronze. late GP bikes Carbon fibre
    They just need airflow to cool them and they make a hell of a racket when the clutch is engaged
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DKW Finning 2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	551.6 KB 
ID:	340089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DKW Cylinder 2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	548.2 KB 
ID:	340090Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DKW Cly Case 2.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	539.5 KB 
ID:	340091

Air cooled DKW engine with an isolating air gap around the crankcase.

Bike
    husaberg
    Greeves not as cool as the Deek though
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    As it turns out. . .

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...rand-new-bike!

See what I mean about the old tyres

But there's been, reasons. Time to get it going again for summer.
    Dave, maybe you have some pistons photo from this nice project.

Bike
    BMW R1200R 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DKW Finning 2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	551.6 KB 
ID:	340089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DKW Cylinder 2.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	548.2 KB 
ID:	340090Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DKW Cly Case 2.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	539.5 KB 
ID:	340091

Air cooled DKW engine with an isolating air gap around the crankcase.
    Verry smart design ! The DKW engineers who designed this were way ahead on the competion of that period in time. Just like the MZ engineers.

Bike
    KR1S, KX500, gamma500, tomos
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhr View Post
    You also have a vortex solution on air-cooled crankcase

https://www.tkart.it/en/magazine/und...16-revolution/
    I did drill that double wall empty space
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181231_141741.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	686.5 KB 
ID:	340092  

Bike
    used to race TZ350 and Rotax
    Happy New Year to all

RE, crankcase volume, has anyone here ever measured the crankcase volume and crankcase compression ratio on 1980's TZ250G and a TZ350G.
    They share the same cases and crank, just a different top end. The crankcase compression ratio can't be right for both. Has anyone used RD400
    cases to improve the volume of a TZ350G. I have 400 cases here just waiting for TZ parts to go in.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by katinas View Post
    Dave, maybe you have some pistons photo from this nice project.
    They are just typical Wiseco made for this kit.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by paul gane View Post
    Happy New Year to all

RE, crankcase volume, has anyone here ever measured the crankcase volume and crankcase compression ratio on 1980's TZ250G and a TZ350G.
    They share the same cases and crank, just a different top end. The crankcase compression ratio can't be right for both. Has anyone used RD400
    cases to improve the volume of a TZ350G. I have 400 cases here just waiting for TZ parts to go in.
    Frits mentioned it was a common mod for more power

Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    With the bigger case volume, your porting layout and the really fat pipes on the LSR bike, it should fly, Wob!

Boundary drag between crank wheels and cases rises steeply when you go under 1 mm clearance, Husa. But that's not the case here; the crankwheel diameter of the RD400 may be quite a lot bigger, but when you put a TZ350 crank in the RD400-cases, everything is fine.
    Welding a bridge in the G's inlet port will certainly improve piston life, but it will also cause extra turbulence, reducing the effective flow area. The con rod is directly behind that bridge alright, but the inlet flow has already expanded by the time it encounters the rod, so the rod is less of an obstacle.

We wanted to avoid welding and the according cylinder distortion, and we wanted to make our own pipes, which became a lot simpler with the reversed cylinder block.
    We had to make an airbox for the carbs sitting directly behind the front wheel, but that was no extra work because even if we hadn't reversed the cylinder we would have made an airbox in order to keep the engine from inhaling hot air from the radiator.
    And we didn't care about the bike looking original because it wasn't a classic back then. It should win races, never mind the looks. And the best combination proved to be a reversed G cylinder block with 38 mm carbs on RD400 crankcases with their extra case volume. That bike really flew.
    Pretty Sure one if not two of The Wobbly TZ400 engines use them as well.
    Last edited by husaberg; 1st January 2019 at 10:16. Reason: added bit
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    TZ400
    The Frepin TZ400 that Charlett has the Post Classic lap record at Hampton is a 350G cylinder sitting on a 400 case with a stroked stock size crank.
    This pulls the com down to close to 1.3 - ideal.
    Frits has done the 400 case conversion on a 350 piston port as well , he will have some insights im sure.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    variety
    can probly fit the 118 ktm rod with spacer plate which brings case ratio down a bit also

Bike
    STRIKE trike & KTM300 EXC TPI
    I just wasted a couple of hours trying to keep up with all the rubbish that is written in a Facebook group called "2 Stroke research & development".
    After that, it's a delight turning to Kiwibiker and meeting with some sense.
    ]
    Sort of agree Frits, but beyond the dribble, there are some good postings by the serious tinkerers. But, yep, KB is outstanding.
    "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.”

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    The Frepin TZ400 that Charlett has the Post Classic lap record at Hampton is a 350G cylinder sitting on a 400 case with a stroked stock size crank.
    This pulls the com down to close to 1.3 - ideal.
    Frits has done the 400 case conversion on a 350 piston port as well , he will have some insights im sure.
    My best wishes for 2019 Wayne!

Thread Information