Page 2079 of 2629 FirstFirst ... 10791579197920292069207720782079208020812089212921792579 ... LastLast
Results 31,171 to 31,185 of 39427

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by ken seeber View Post
    Sort of agree Frits, but beyond the dribble, there are some good postings by the serious tinkerers. But, yep, KB is outstanding.
    rarely do i ever go on fb but i had to get a peek of the 2t development group frits was refering to. sure enough, alot of rubbish and nonsense from quit a few people that clearly have almost no 2t knowledge. yes there was some skilled members but it was painful to weed out all the bullshit and find the good info. i couldnt agree more with frits, fb is definatly not the type of place for sharing ideas, for the reasons he mentioned

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    rarely do i ever go on fb but i had to get a peek of the 2t development group frits was refering to. sure enough, alot of rubbish and nonsense from quit a few people that clearly have almost no 2t knowledge. yes there was some skilled members but it was painful to weed out all the bullshit and find the good info. i couldnt agree more with frits, fb is definatly not the type of place for sharing ideas, for the reasons he mentioned
    Yes indeed, a very bad group...

Bike
    variety
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    Yes indeed, a very bad group...
    one guy said theres better flow over a flat top piston. if this were true, wouldnt cars still have flat roofs as well

Bike
    TZ400
    Thank you Jan for your kind words on here.
    Getting to work for TM would not have happened without your support.
    Have a very good year my friend.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    Yamaha XJ750 1982
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
    Buongiorno Wobbly, come stai?

And the best for the new year to all.

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Thank you Jan for your kind words on here.
    Have a very good year my friend.
    I simply KNEW you would succeed at TM Wobbly!!
    I would have betted on it....

Bike
    Aprilia rs 125 2000
    Hello twostrokers happy new year 2019 to all members of the kiwibikers group and thanks to the two stroke pros for sharing their immense knowledge

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Remember how finned the air cooled Suzuki twins and triples crankcases were. bloody heavy and hard to cast but they did it. i dont think it was just fashion.
    Finning the crankcases may be a great idea, but maybe not in combination with those exhaust headers running right in front of it... Here is another example that makes you think how it could have been done better.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ariel.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	135.5 KB 
ID:	340125

Bike
    TZ400
    Do you mean my pipes could have been done better Frits - sorry I will try harder in the New Year.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    none
    Do you mean my pipes could have been done better Frits - sorry I will try harder in the New Year.
    Yeah, it's about time you'd start producing something useful - like better pipes for TM kart engines .
    Seriously though, a heat shield between those beautiful wobblypipes and those crankcase pre-heating cooling fins wouldn't be a bad thing.

Bike
    1944 RE 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Finning the crankcases may be a great idea, but maybe not in combination with those exhaust headers running right in front of it... Here is another example that makes you think how it could have been done better.

I really did have an unconditional love for the Ariel! - nice frame and forks, good handler - despite its crappy 'old school' gearbox with its sintered iron bearing, chain primary drive, crowded roller big end bearings, bronze small ends, shrouded cast iron cylinders with tiny transfers, crappy brakes and 16" wheels (more sensible 18" on this case of course). ........ its still beautiful and unique, and the 'wobblypipes' make it even more beautiful - but yes I do agree that crankcase really was designed to attract cold air !

Happy new year!
    Strokers Galore!

Bike
    KR1S, KX500, gamma500, tomos
    Happy New year to all!

So fins connecting exhaust and transfer ducts is no good. To 'disconnect' these two we have to cut fins on two pieces. Which duct is getting bigger part of the fin?
    If we talk water-cooled engines Wobbly found redirecting flow on transfers first as a gain, and overcooling of exh. duct/spigot as a loss ..as I remember.
    Could it be answered without Dyno?
    I would go for transfers 70/30% of the divided fin area.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Yeah, it's about time you'd start producing something useful - like better pipes for TM kart engines .
    Seriously though, a heat shield between those beautiful wobblypipes and those crankcase pre-heating cooling fins wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Bear in mind Frits, that the Brits didn't anticipate global warming - or probably export sales to a warmer climate either....
    Or anyone getting more than about 19hp out of one....

Have a good year everyone.

Bike
    husaberg

I think all things considering as especially as the old 4t Boys network at Ariel were not that happy about the 2t. Val Page did alright with that engine.
    He did borrow a bit from the German Adler but so did everyone else.
    He did at least have the foresight to mount the clutch on the gearbox which took another 10 years before Yamaha figured that one out with their version of the German Adler.

Name:	adler-250-roadracer.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	340126
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Any 2 stroke I can get my hands on

Happy new year

I have not posted for quit some time. But viewing this forum is part of my daily routine. For all those on this forum that have openly shared their thoughts with the rest of us..... May the new year bring you happiness and prosperity. Thank-You Kermit Buller

Thread Information