Page 2101 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 11011601200120512091209921002101210221032111215122012601 ... LastLast
Results 31,501 to 31,515 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    Moped
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    'sad' news from Holland
    RYGER seems to have big financial problems and will probably close down.
    Sometimes things are a little too good to be true.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ryger Factory 1.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	444.1 KB 
ID:	340974  
    No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.

Bike
    bsa. honda. aprilia
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    This announcement from the Dutch Chamber of Commerce would suggest that they are, Jan:I suppose it would also mean that you are no longer bound by your Non-Disclosure Agreement .

Iim a bit saddened by this in some ways.... it gave us, at some point, a very extended topic on its make up..... as to non disclosure agreements being now void, it would certainly be interesting to have explained how they came about there claims and there design features which made them come to such conclusions. Also what caused it failure.......... Unless of course it was always a load of c--k and bo--u-ks.....if the receivers are now getting rid of there stock, maybe they will bang them out at discount prices, got to be worth a look at for less than 6500 euros...

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Another interesting bathtub variation, head from tuned KTM SX 85.

Name:	KTM SX 85.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	340977  

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    what do you think of this head from 2019 ktm250sx carburetor model ? they used this style in 2014 but i thought they went back to common bathtub design
    I don't like it. Looks a bit as if sometime after 2011 the combustion chamber guy retired without passing his knowledge on to his successor. With a chamber like that, I suppose it would be possible to make an engine less aggressive at throttle pickup and where instant accelleration is needed. But this can be done by other means, and better, imo, e.g. running a filter in the ecu and / or ignition timing, carburetion and so on. Others do it this way. It's a bit like cutting a hole in your car ceiling because it's hot inside instead of just opening the window.

Bike
    TZ400
    Ha,ha, tuned KTM or Detuned KTM I would give it a 10% chance of doing anything good.
    As for the Ryger picture a bit further back - I laughed like hell when I saw the complete engine like that.
    The design genius just threw away 2 Hp by angling the carb down on the reed, but not a concern when you have 70 I suppose.
    Reminded me of Jans/Frits old boss who did the same thing on his genius Chinese downward angled cylinder design.
    Ive got a thing thats unique and new.To prove it I'll have the last laugh on you.Cause instead of one head I got two.And you know two heads are better than one.

Bike
    yzf 250
    Quote Originally Posted by katinas View Post
    Another interesting bathtub variation, head from tuned KTM SX 85.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    It would be a bit difficult for KTM to go back to a common bathtub design, as they never did use a bathtub design in the first place.
    Below left are a couple of KTM head designs, below right is a bathtub head, looking rather like a bathtub, wouldn't you say?
    Attachment 340971 Attachment 340972
    i know you are being cheeky I think when people often say bathtub in regards to 2 strokes they are referring to the cross section. Resembling an upside down bathtub.
    If this is the case this case most would describe it as being it a more rounded version of the top hat shape of 60's.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ideal-Buy-Bathtub.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	340988Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BATHTUB.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	340989
    The pic should be familar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    So, no coffee machines?

I don't drink the stuff but wife's birthday is coming up.

Take some bench space mind. . .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully that Lucf or lucifer or whatever his handle was doesn't come back trying to explain that the Ryger was all good but shut down by the Israeli government or some such conspiracy.

Aliens. It was the aliens.

Disclosure; in the early days I was prepared to accept maybe there was some untried quantum step allowing silly revs and gas transfer but I couldn't understand it at all. Usually a sceptic but too dumb to form critical argument.
    Fool me once.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Hopefully that Lucf or lucifer or whatever his handle was doesn't come back trying to explain that the Ryger was all good but shut down by the Israeli government or some such conspiracy.

Aliens. It was the aliens.

Disclosure; in the early days I was prepared to accept maybe there was some untried quantum step allowing silly revs and gas transfer but I couldn't understand it at all. Usually a sceptic but too dumb to form critical argument.
    Fool me once.
    Frits wouldn't be as forthright or as rude as me, but i recal the first time i seen LucF name was when he started basically halfpie accusing Frits of copying his concept with the FOS.
    My favour Lucism was the one when he told me after i had released the patent with the inventors name on it,That i must delete the post and that he had already contacted me beforehand and i had agreed not to release Gerrits Name
    Which was total horseshit.
    My pick is if he doesnt blame the Shape shifting lizard-men it might be the petrol companies ie BIG OIL trying to keep them out of business or maybe Some bike manufacturer.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    2008 Yamaha fino
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Frits wouldn't be as forthright or as rude as me, but i recal the first time i seen LucF name was when he started basically halfpie accusing Frits of copying his concept with the FOS.
    My favour Lucism was the one when he told me after i had released the patent with the inventors name on it,That i must delete the post and that he had already contacted me beforehand and i had agreed not to release Gerrits Name
    Which was total horseshit.
    My pick is if he doesnt blame the Shape shifting lizard-men it might be the petrol companies ie BIG OIL trying to keep them out of business or maybe Some bike manufacturer.
    Honda for sure is scared shitless by the RYGER patent.....
    So they kindly arranged for it's bankruptcy!!!
    Mr. Hendrik Gerrits is VERY scared of a photo of him being published.
    I have one....
    Why would that be?
    Someone looking for him?
    Someone who's money he stole, he has been condemned for such things in the past....
    And served some time in jail!!

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by jamathi View Post
    Honda for sure is scared shitless by the RYGER patent.....
    So they kindly arranged for it's bankruptcy!!!
    Mr. Hendrik Gerrits is VERY scared of a photo of him being published.
    I have one....
    Why would that be?
    Someone looking for him?
    Honda should be scared they struggled to get anywhere near 50HP out of a 125.
    Even with a friendly Dyno and millions of dollars of R&D.
    Silly thing with Ryger if they they were honest without the stupid hype they might have actually had an acceptable level of performance with lower potential emissions.

I remember in the late 1990's honda openly wanted to lower the cc's of the 500 class to 375 or something i could never figure out why
    Do you have any ideas it was kind of playing into Aprilias hand dropping the open class size.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Aprilia tuono 03/ 2x ktm 500 89

Ryger

A couple of years back i had a (now moved) neighbour that was a financier for the ryger project.
    During a street bbq he told me lots of details going on during development.
    At that time he also told me that they where having trouble with the piston.
    I had a private chat with a common friend of jan and me where we sometimes exchanged ideas about his zundapp with verry powerfull output. I also told him what i heared about ryger.
    This information ended up at jan who shared it with the world as he likes to share his knowledge we are so thankfull for.

It kind of got me in a position where i didnt want to be. Harrie contacted me and so did my loaded neighbour.
    And i felt bad for it fore a while. As a romantic enthousiast i always hoped they would succeed. First of all for the saviour of the two stroke and for the proudness of also beeing dutch. If thats worth annything.

I never signed disclosure.

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Interesting thing, on Katoh NSR 250 2001 engine, the cylinders little angled, about 10 degrees, to let mix flow in symertrical way, from carb/reed to crankcase, as no space for symetrical location to both carbs on this configuration with two cranks. Piston pin hole from one side must been pluged, as too much area open for shortcut between wide Ex and A trans windows, or maybe special piston just with one side pin hole.

Name:	Honda NSR 250 2001 Kato.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	769.5 KB 
ID:	340996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda nsr 250 2001.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	797.5 KB 
ID:	340997  

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandokan View Post
    A couple of years back i had a (now moved) neighbour that was a financier for the ryger project.
    During a street bbq he told me lots of details going on during development.
    At that time he also told me that they where having trouble with the piston.
    I had a private chat with a common friend of jan and me where we sometimes exchanged ideas about his zundapp with verry powerfull output. I also told him what i heared about ryger.
    This information ended up at jan who shared it with the world as he likes to share his knowledge we are so thankfull for.

It kind of got me in a position where i didnt want to be. Harrie contacted me and so did my loaded neighbour.
    And i felt bad for it fore a while. As a romantic enthousiast i always hoped they would succeed. First of all for the saviour of the two stroke and for the proudness of also beeing dutch. If thats worth annything.

I never signed disclosure.
    Well you had the Microscope not that long back and now you want something else? That's just greedy.

Thread Information