Page 2103 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 11031603200320532093210121022103210421052113215322032603 ... LastLast
Results 31,531 to 31,545 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Yes Husa, we should forget about reciprocating rods and pistons altogether.
    The Wankel was a brilliant idea, if only it wouldn't have such a lousy combustion chamber shape and ditto surface area to volume ratio.
    What's next? Electromotors, that's for sure. But how are we going to feed them and achieve some decent mileage?
    My hopes are pinned on fuel cells; not the original hydrogen-processing kind, but the kind that will accept liquid hydrocarbons like petrol or methanol.
    Or you can just run your two-stroke on carbon neutral fuels. Saves the fuel cell, no need for an electric motor either, and comes with that beautiful sound already out of the box!

Bike
    -
    Carbon neutral; there is just one word for it: bullshit.
    Burning a carbon neutral fuel, for example bio-ethanol, produces exactly the same amount of CO2 as burning conventional ethanol. You cannot even distinguish between the two fuels in the most sophisticated laboratory. And neither can the trees; they will absorb 'conventional' CO2 just as well as bio-CO2.
    Biofuel comes from crop that used atmospheric CO2 for its growth. And were do fossile fuels come from? From crop that grew some time ago; what's the difference?
    The politicians who keep saying that biofuel do not contribute to the CO2 in the atmosphere, must think that we're all retarded...
    You might want to read into this a bit more before putting it into the bullshit corner.
    I was talking about carbon neutral fuels, not biofuels. Carbon neutral fuels take CO2 out of the atmosphere during production, which is later re-released into it by being burned in e.g. internal combustion engines.

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Ey View Post
    you re-invented the "Kurbelschlaufenmotor" from Ficht.
    No its simplified version of Parson-Balandin engine. I believe simplification makes stuff better.

Quote Originally Posted by peewee View Post
    jbiplane: if i understand it sounds like good crankcase pumping is important at middle rpm but at high rpm when pipe is working then the crankcase is not so important ?
    I want create test inline 2-cylinder engine and educate its behavior.

But the video posted by Jbiplane did not show a Scotch Yoke crank, but an epicycloid crank, with no sliding movement involved, and much better suited for high revs.
    Exactly. I want avoud use gears, just essentrics. Saw Japan patent for compressor like this.

A question, Anyone have experience with intake valve without petals like on this picture?

Bike
    1975 Hodaka Wombat
    The Wankel was a brilliant idea, if only it wouldn't have such a lousy combustion chamber shape and ditto surface area to volume ratio.
    What's next? Electromotors, that's for sure. But how are we going to feed them and achieve some decent mileage?
    My hopes are pinned on fuel cells; not the original hydrogen-processing kind, but the kind that will accept liquid hydrocarbons like petrol or methanol.
    So far cost is the issue of fuel cells versus batteries. We are barely getting battery costs low enough to make electric vehicles competitive in price with luxury IC cars. So far fuel cells look good for larger vehicles. We'll see what happens with trucks. Of course batteries require a clean electric generating system. That's easier to do on a large scale than in a car size plant. Quite a few people are using solar cells with batteries to generate power for their houses and cars. That works best in the US southwest and is more expensive than conventional power generation so far.

Lohring Miller

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Frits wouldn't be as forthright or as rude as me, but i recal the first time i seen LucF name was when he started basically halfpie accusing Frits of copying his concept with the FOS.
    My favour Lucism was the one when he told me after i had released the patent with the inventors name on it,That i must delete the post and that he had already contacted me beforehand and i had agreed not to release Gerrits Name
    Which was total horseshit.
    My pick is if he doesnt blame the Shape shifting lizard-men it might be the petrol companies ie BIG OIL trying to keep them out of business or maybe Some bike manufacturer.
    I'm totally surprised you are not blaming Donald Trump for their demise...
    Lets go Brandon

Bike
    1991 MZ 301
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post
    Hi Katinas, thanks for so detailed description of your experience. According CAD model I have "crancase" volume changing from 499 to 222сс.
    The base engine is snowmobile 2-cylinder inline RMZ550 76x61mm.
    Will see how it will work. For me important to have good power on high rpm, cause this engine will drive propeller (brake load depend of rpm in cube).

The next iteration should be something like this
    This looks like

http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/P...C.htm#esscross

If You make thepiston connectors round there can be a stuffing box round each (like crosshead engines)

Bike
    husaberg
    True but i was pointing out the geared crank, The Wankel does have issues with the combustion shape but its perfect for forced induction also it capable of burning Hydrogen raw as its cumbustion is carried out in a seperate place than its induction and compression.
    Personally i dont see electricity as being an answer
    Why think of a plane it takes of with a larger load of fuel but the further it flys the lighter the fuel load gets which allows a greater range.
    It it was electric it would weigh the same at take off as landing. a real great self sustaining fuel cell might work but i cant see that happening
    The USA experimented with Nuclear planes in the 50's but gave up.
    here is the old test reactors for them.

They even built a nuclear ramjet using the heat from the reactors to power the plane.
    Not sure why they never thought off powering the props direct.
    That said NASA now have some tiny tiny reactors.

15cm chunk of uranium-235 lasts 10 years at 10KW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    1991 MZ 301
    I did

By the way my present home town Dresden
    Work or pleassure?

Bike
    none
    Work is pleasure if you do it right Niels

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jbiplane View Post

A question, Anyone have experience with intake valve without petals like on this picture?
    That's cunning. Does it actually work or is it just a concept ?

Given the tuning fork likeness, you'd think it was a natural for Yamaha...

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Would not this type of reed offer less turbulance and resistance?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reeds.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	341036  

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    Would not this type of reed offer less turbulance and resistance?
    It might, if it could be opened by some mechanism. But if it must be opened by air pressure, as is customary for reed valves, the problem is that there is hardly any surface at the reed tips for this pressure to act upon.

Bike
    youtube andreas länström
    Yes, I was thinking the petals maybe look like this or be of varying thickness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	petal.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	3.6 KB 
ID:	341038  

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    Yes, I was thinking the petals maybe look like this or be of varying thickness.
    Why not have them hinged.

They could also be opened and closed electromagnetically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    They could also be opened and closed electromagnetically.
    If we are going to open/close things electromagnetically why not do away with the rotary valve and adapt push pull voice coil servos to Flettners flying gib idea and have totally asymmetric and variable inlet timing and when the engine is truly on the boil. Hold them both open for Frits's 24-7 timing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flettner 1.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	341040 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flettner 2.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	341041 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flettner 3.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	341042

Thread Information