Page 2127 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 11271627202720772117212521262127212821292137217722272627 ... LastLast
Results 31,891 to 31,905 of 39409

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    Been there, seen that, built by my mate Martijn Stehouwer (wwwe.emot.nl). Still, I'd prefer to go the whole way: a decent two-stroke injection system.
    Concurrent ideas, different layout. There is always someone with the same idea. My drawing is from 2009.

It's a way to further develop a carburettor. These crude early last century fysic devices seem to have a large bandwith.

I also think that a "decent two stroke injection system" is possible, but my calculator says that a "decent high rpm two stroke injection system" is uncharted territory where time becomes a limitation.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    I'd prefer to go the whole way: a decent two-stroke injection system.
    Me Too .....

Quote Originally Posted by Carel H View Post
    I also think that a "decent two stroke injection system" is possible, but my calculator says that a "decent high rpm two stroke injection system" is uncharted territory where time becomes a limitation.
    Definitely ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Big RPM.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	341941 Big RPM means Name:  Increasingly Limited Time.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  12.9 KB Increasingly limited time to get things done. At 15,000 rpm every thing has to happen in 4 ms.

An injector can take 2 ms to open and 0,5 ms to close so 1,5 ms at 15,000 rpm is not a lot of time to deliver a controlled amount of fuel.

At 15,000 plus rpm one might get away with alternating between two big second stage injectors. So that there is much more time for the controlled squirt to happen on one cycle and the opening and closing plus rest to happen on the alternate cycle. That way you might be able to get a controlled 3 ms squirt at 20,000 rpm.

For 13,000 rpm I run two staged TPI, transfer port injection. At 6,500 rpm my small injector is running at 6 ms and at 13,000 rpm the large injector is at 3 ms to deliver much the same amount of fuel in half the time.

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    I see KTM have a 150 cc TPI out now, by all accounts is better than the carburetor previous.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    I see KTM have a 150 cc TPI out now, by all accounts is better than the carburetor previous.
    Looks like Flettners original method of TPI is now being used successfully by KTM on their smaller bikes.

I have been unable to find any power/rpm specs for the KTM150, so not sure if they have ventured into the dark zone above 10,000 rpm / 10 bar bmep yet.

Bike
    Looks like the 2018 KTM 150 carburetor version runs in the dark zone so I guess we can assume the EFI version does too.

Name:	KTM 150 2018 SX.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	341943 https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...-dyno-results/

The Thumpertalk page talks about dyno testing a 2018 KTM SX150 but the dyno graphs are headed SX125, so not sure whats happening here.

Name:	KTM 150 2019.jpeg 
Views:	118 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	341944 https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...150-dyno-time/

Correct labels on this one. Looks like the 2019 EFI KTM 150 is well and truly running in the dark zone. ...... They must have solved the issues I am grappling with.

Flettners original TPI idea and KTM's commercialization of it. NZ brains and European money. High performance EFI two strokes ....

Bike
    2001, Aprilia, RS250
    For the EFI application the cylinder features two lateral domes which hold the fuel injectors that supply fuel to the rear transfer ports. The downstream injection guarantees excellent atomization of the fuel with the upstreaming air. Thus, the loss of unburnt fuel is minimal, resulting in less emissions, a more efficient combustion and reduced fuel consumption. A small tube in the back of the cylinder is connected with an intake pressure sensor, which supplies pressure data to the control unit.

From here

https://www.ktm.com/en/enduro/150-ex...engine-exhaust

Bike
    Conti RX356 V3
    Not sure how the situation is in the US, but I imagine quite similar - the previous EXC models had not near the power delivery of a SX model in Europe.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Looks like the 2018 KTM 150 carburetor version runs in the dark zone so I guess we can assume the EFI version does too.

The Thumpertalk page talks about dyno testing a 2018 KTM SX150 but the dyno graphs are headed SX125, so not sure whats happening here.

Correct labels on this one. Looks like the 2019 EFI KTM 150 is well and truly running in the dark zone. ...... They must have solved the issues I am grappling with.

Flettners original TPI idea and KTM's commercialization of it. NZ brains and European money. High performance EFI two strokes ....
    Yeah last curve blie line it says STIC. That's an aftermarket needlejet tower for Keihin carb.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg

The Challenges: Initially, the TPI engines experienced flameouts because the exhaust pressure wave demanded a more sophisticated EMS that could perfectly manage fuel metering. When these refinements to the EMS were finally sorted, KTM knew they were onto a winner. And they promptly slapped an international patent on the TPI technology. A lot of sceptics said that, in principle, KTM would never be able to develop a fuel-injection system for two-strokes that would perform consistently well in all conditions. For example, when you ride through a creek that suddenly makes the exhaust pipe much cooler – a situation that a carburettor bike is ‘naοve’ to – then you need to find a way to override the information that the TPI bike’s EMS is receiving to ensure it continues to run properly. That’s just one example of the complexity and challenges that came with developing the TPI system’s mapping. But the TPI system was by far the best solution when it came to meeting KTM’s primary design objectives – which were to keep the power characteristics, feel and exhaust note of the TPI models as close as possible to the carburetted engines.
    https://transmoto.com.au/ktms-two-st...ow-it-evolved/
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    TT500 F9 Kawasaki EFI
    KTM's patent has been denied, they didn't invent it.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Flettner View Post
    KTM's patent has been denied, they didn't invent it.
    I thought they were referring to the specific ECU they used which they didnt invent or even develop either
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Flettner was the original inventor and the first to demonstrate a working ride-able TPI transfer port injected two stroke.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    Norton Manx
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    ""Initially, the TPI engines experienced flameouts because the exhaust pressure wave demanded a more sophisticated EMS that could perfectly manage fuel metering.""
    Looks a lot like the issues TZ350 has faced with his project.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfumi View Post
    A small tube in the back of the cylinder is connected with an intake pressure sensor, which supplies pressure data to the control unit. https://www.ktm.com/en/enduro/150-ex...engine-exhaust
    Also looks a lot like the solution Flettner proposed and TZ350 has been working on.

TZ350's idea is to measure the crankcase high and low pressure and use the changes in the difference between them as a measure of the changes in air flow through the motor. Air flow being greatly influenced by the action of the pipe.
    Factual Facts are based on real Fact and Universal Truths. Alternative Facts by definition are not based on Truth.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by FastFred View Post

Looks a lot like the issues TZ350 has faced with his project.

Also looks a lot like the solution Flettner proposed and TZ350 has been working on.

TZ350's idea is to measure the crankcase high and low pressure and use the changes in the difference between them as a measure of the changes in air flow through the motor. Air flow being greatly influenced by the action of the pipe.
    Maybe its more important to simply know if its a high or low value rather than what the value actually is.That would solve the speed limitations of the current electronics.
    Or maybe reading every 2 or 4th revolution for the crankcase is actually enough?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    1997 Yamaha rd 350
    Me Too .....
    At 15,000 plus rpm one might get away with alternating between two big second stage injectors.
    Stihl and Husqvarna smootly meter correct ammount or fuel in crankcase neglecting high rpm. Their ugly crankshafts smashed fuel drops better than nozzles.

I had as well small 3w UAV engine with EF* It have simple fuel pump with 2 microscopic gears. ECU regulate pump rpm. Worked perfectly.

Both solutions dont required high presure pumps, pressure regulators, numerous tubes and sensors.

For me adopting of cars EFI to small 2-strokes sometimes looks like fitting saddle on a cow

Thread Information