Page 2185 of 2625 FirstFirst ... 1185168520852135217521832184218521862187219522352285 ... LastLast
Results 32,761 to 32,775 of 39365

Thread: ESE's works engine tuner

Bike
    KR1S, KX500, gamma500, tomos
    Nope, for modifying transfers , which became brownish (ie exhaust gases backflow) after approx. 15 hours of racing no any issue. Even 3450 for iron/steel parts was tested on CZ175 exhaust pipe header and aux exhaust port (but from outside of cylinder)
    For conversion from reed to piston port cylinder by filling intake and reed flange with broken cooling fins and loctite mixture with grey iron dust..
    No issues again, loctite gotta have some good heat transfer/conductivity

Bike
    Monark -57(50cc moped), KTM 200EXC
    Quote Originally Posted by yatasaki View Post
    Nope, for modifying transfers , which became brownish (ie exhaust gases backflow) after approx. 15 hours of racing no any issue.
    Great information as modifying transfers with 3479 is one of my future plan’s to try.

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreasL View Post
    Great information as modifying transfers with 3479 is one of my future plan’s to try.
    I've had no problems with DevCon in transfer ports.

Bike
    Homebuilt chassi, Kawasaki 212cc
    Quote Originally Posted by lodgernz View Post
    Devcon JB-Weld and Belzona are all good ones.
    I just have been using what´s on my shelf from porting 4stroke heads, And Loctite 9497 has been free for me.
    I cant say how good it is with alcohol fuel thou.

I did a test and it worked fine when bathing in methanol, but as soon as i tested with oilmixture things altered colour, never used in real life with alcohol.
    9497 is quite expensive as i can see here in sweden.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by SwePatrick View Post
    Devcon JB-Weld and Belzona are all good ones.
    I just have been using what´s on my shelf from porting 4stroke heads, And Loctite 9497 has been free for me.
    I cant say how good it is with alcohol fuel thou.

I did a test and it worked fine when bathing in methanol, but as soon as i tested with oilmixture things altered colour, never used in real life with alcohol.
    9497 is quite expensive as i can see here in sweden.
    Jan has mentioned another one they used at Aprilia it was green and it even survived the cylinders being replated.
    its mentioned on either the first of the second edition of the pitlane thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    KR1S, KX500, gamma500, tomos
    Quote Originally Posted by lodgernz View Post
    Devcon steel putty was first to try and worked excellent, belzona 1111 same thing . Loctite is easiest to get around here

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Jan has mentioned another one they used at Aprilia it was green and it even survived the cylinders being replated. It's mentioned on either the first of the second edition of the pitlane thread.
    The stuff was called Stucca Verde (green grout) but I don't know if that really was the product name, or just the description used in the racing department. In any case it was quite expensive and if I remember correctly, it had a limited shelf life.

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Overmars View Post
    The stuff was called Stucca Verde (green grout) but I don't know if that really was the product name, or just the description used in the racing department. In any case it was quite expensive and if I remember correctly, it had a limited shelf life.
    Cheers Frits. I am not sutre about europe but those words make sense even here.
    We have stucco rendered houses and walls over here, plus the corrosion patina that gives aged copper its pretty colours is known as verdigris here, so those Latin types might be onto something with their words.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    75 RD250b, 76 250C , 78 250E
    Isn't it Army Painter ARM05007? It's 2 piece stuff turns green when mixed...

Bike
    2001 zx9
    Ecobond (104?) used on alloy / magnesium castings on jet engines ... haven't seen it for years but i recall it being practically indestructable once its set. something like 4 or 5 hours at 200 degrees cure time. it was green. any current aircraft engineers on here?

Bike
    CBX125F NS50F NS90F NS-1
    For adjusting the roof angle of transfer ports, I always use Devcon Plastic Steel Liquid (B) 110210 because it flows enough to self-level.
    I set the cylinder upside down and tilt it so that the top of the port is at the angle I want, then drop the Devcon in and it (slowly) settles to a level surface.
    If I got the setup angle right, the roof is now at the correct angle to the horizontal.

I don't know if any of the other steel putties have a "liquid" version.

Bike
    honda ns 400
    Quote Originally Posted by jato View Post
    Ecobond (104?) used on alloy / magnesium castings on jet engines
    Hysol ECCOBOND 104, short term up to 280C

http://media.oem.se/Archive/FilesArchive/106826.pdf

Bike
    husaberg
    pyro putty

Pyro-Putty 2400 is a ceramic and stainless steel filled, high temperature, thermally conductive paste used to bond, seal and repair defects up to 3/8" in cross-section in cast iron, steel and stainless steel components and structures used in automotive, truck, marine, and industrial applications to 2000°F (1093°C).

http://www.graphitestore.com/pyro-putty-2400-paste
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    -
    If I had to choose between several kinds of epoxy, I'd select the one with a thermal expansion closest to aluminium and the lowest specific weight. The piston expands quite fast in contrast to more usual areas of application like for example crankcases.

Bike
    Peugeot spx
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Jan has mentioned another one they used at Aprilia it was green and it even survived the cylinders being replated.
    its mentioned on either the first of the second edition of the pitlane thread.
    First up, sorry for it being sooo long since my last post.
    My YouTube channel kinda blew up and I'm having a hard time keeping up with just the mails, messages etc.
    I know there's a few pm's I haven't gotten to here also.

With my limited experience in diy plating most epoxies, suitable for cylinder work or not, would survive a strip+replate pretty well.

Anyways.
    Currently at the airport in Denver Colorado, on my way back from my first attempt at racing at Bonneville Speedway(event got canceled, rain)
    We had a great time regardless, and now I have time to build a proper engine with my 100% width exhaust port cylinder on it.
    Going to run on nitromethanol, efi, throttle slide part of the rotary valve cover.
    Variator transmission electronically controlled.
    Need to read up on the do's and don'ts with fuel injection.
    Check out my YouTube channel! - 2STROKE STUFFING -
    https://www.youtube.com/2STROKESTUFFING
    Two strokes & rum!

Thread Information